[Suggestion] The Net-Gun: A Tool That Makes Sense

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Zorro, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Zorro

I have noticed quite a bit of debate about what tool the light assault should receive. Therefore, it is the optimal time to provide a new idea, the net-gun.
    [IMG]
    This would entangle enemies in a nanite mesh, preventing them from moving quickly. This would be perfect for catching enemy infiltrators, light assault, and MAX units. It would also give light assault a team aspect to root down enemies for one's squad to take them out.
  2. Iridar51

Don't like it, because

detecting an enemy
    deciding whether to use the net gun or not
    switching to net gun, closing to effective range
    firing the net gun, making the target instantly aware of your presence
    switching back to primary

seems too much hassle for a non-lethal tool.

You still haven't mentioned things like effective range, number of targets, the effect itself - slow, immobilization (unable to move in any direction), paralyze (unable to move and turn).
  3. Sandpants

Slowing people down in an shooter is a god awful feature. As was the flinch mechanic. Worse even more that things like concussion nade get into the game and things like flashbangs are an utter joke.

And this will be what? A single target version of the concussion nade?

Don't like the idea either. You're a in a squad:
    A) you're being rushed - enemy heavy assault in the front, your team is shooting at them - you slow down the already slow heavy assault. You don't slow anything else cos they are way in the back. You are not really helping. You just slow down one guy who will die anyway.
    B) You rush - if the enemy is running, they are not shooting. If they are not running - no point in slowing them down. In the former case, they will likely die if they don't kill you. Slowing them down seems rudimentary from squads POV and cheap from the POV of the receiver.

See the concussion nade is extreme - it can be really bad and really good. Bad if you use it on a single target -res cost, and you use it for your own benefit, not your teams. Good because if used properly can trivialize an enemy platoon.
    This net thing won't be fair if it were en masse and had no resource cost.

No.
  4. teks

[IMG]
    Hi,
    My name is predator, and I approve this message
  5. MajiinBuu

Read the post and thought of this.
    • Up x 1
  6. R3dBeaver

ok, I'll bite.

This might work. LA flanks, and this might work into an advantage in this case.
    a. you're being rushed. you go around, and looking below, you see the advancing troops. Slow them down?
    - no. rushers don't usually walk very fast, except one or two suicide runs. or LA, but they tend to fly. so i think it's a bit mood. a concussion grenade works better. and the slowed people can still shoot.
    b. you're rushing...
    - ... I can't think of a... oh wait! You're rushing by yourself, you got spotted, you turn around and shoot the gun and escape!
    no. you better off shooting your real gun.
    but what if there are more than one chasing u??
    well, u would die either way. or u could've jump jets away.

so.... no. I can't think of a single useful application where I would rather "snare" someone instead of shooting them.
  7. Ronin Oni

Too much troll potential
  8. Corezer

Only time I could see this useful is for when a max walks into the room and you can hit it with this before it escapes to over extend it so your team can gun it down.

very limited usefulness....