The multiple year-old sound bug.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by DragonSXZ, Dec 27, 2021.

1. DragonSXZ

I was told by DBG technical support to post here instead of contacting via email, so I will, despite my reluctancy in fear of wasting time. The infamous sound bug. Why has this not been fixed yet? There are many posts on reddit and some on the bug reports section of the forums. Im talking about the bug where after playing the game for 3-4 hours (it can vary) the sounds start gradually leaking out until you almost cant hear anything at all. My cloak also starts having a chrome touch to it before the sound bug starts happening. Im not sure if the two bugs are linked but it seems likely. Sometimes the cloak just doesnt make me cloaked at all and it gets super confusing knowing when you are cloaked or not especially combined with the sound bug.

I have read up on potential fixes but nothing has worked for me other than restarting the game. Lowering the maximum voice channels setting may have SOME effect at delaying the sound leakage. Not sure just how many players have this problem, but it seems fairly common.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside...ou_play_for_a_long_time_the_sounds_disappear/
    • Up x 6
  2. Scurge

Right after players on my death screen start loosing heads I get this bug.

I have not been able to find a fix other than a reboot.
    • Up x 2
  3. Scirca

I get this bug almost every time I play for an extended amount of time. Super annoying bug because if your in a platoon or squad that is full, you might not be able to get back into that squad when you relog. Or if the continent is full when you need to relog, you come back to like a 30 person que to get back into the continent. Can't believe they have not fixed it after all these years.
    • Up x 1
  4. PS2CAP

Not only are there sound issues, but many bugs are perennially unfixable.
    It gives me the impression that the development team is unable to master the core code of panetside2.
  5. TopGunMaster

This can occur in massive battles as well and extended time in the game. I assume it has something to do with CPU droppage. It is fine just to restart the game. Since the game is CPU heavy, I think that the game is fricken out about loading all the things happening in the game so audio can be delayed or cut out.
  6. TopGunMaster

I think it is fixable to reload the audio or reset it in some period of time and the problem should be solved, but I am no expert on the game just a thought.