The mindless zerg cert farm

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PaladinZERO, Jan 29, 2013.

1. PaladinZERO

So we were defending a bio lab from a vanu zerg, I was in a AI MAX defending one of the pads, where the VANU were jumping in. All I have to say is wow, somebody needs to take command. The Vanu were jumping in, and all I did was hold down the triggers and aim at the landing spot for their attack, as did every other TR. Every once in awhile there would be a light assault who would use his jump pack, and they made it a skeet shoot. With ENG support I never ran out of ammo. I also didn't need a repair.
    The Vanu never came close to entering the base, just kept dying on the landing pad. This happened with wave after wave of Vanu getting cut down. ( I didn't realize this was WWIonline.) The only thing that stopped the cert farm was a Vanu lib that cleared us from the pad. I spent so much time farming the pad, I was able to respawn my MAX and continue the carnage just on the inside area of the pad, cutting down the VANU as they entered the base. This time they had A/C plastering the opening and all within so we had to hang back, but the slaughter still took place, just in a different location. I had to log, but when I did, the Vanu were no closer to taking the base. I just shows that a determined D can hold any bio-lab. :)
    It would be interesting to see daily stats on total losses per empire for each day. Anyone else want to see this?
    • Up x 1
  2. Lewk

Thread
    [Long story about how i was owning]
    [Realization that my post is just a self pat on the back story]
    [Random suggestion to try and make the post anything but a random self pat on the back story]
    /Thread
    • Up x 2
  3. HerpTheDerp

Planetside 2 is the final proof that if mankind ever actually develops technology making us immortal we'll be doomed as a species.

It was all a test, and we failed
    • Up x 1
  4. PaladinZERO

No, it wasn't about how I was owning, it was more about the mindless zerg walking OVER and OVER again into the same guns. I got a lot more assists then anything else. I mean, come on, if you die .1 seconds after landing on the pad, why go back? We got WAVE after WAVE of vanu doing the same thing, over and over and over. I think my time is 9 minutes+ on the MAX, that means for 10+ minutes the mass wave attack was getting creamed on the pad. If the lib didn't show up, they would have kept trying and dying in the same spot.
  5. Bambolero

It's because you aren't killing the same players over and over, there are a lot fo them and everyone might try 2-3 times to get you until they figure it's not worth the effort and attack from other side, etc.

When I encounter an enemy MAX I try the C4 route with LA, if it doesn't work because of terain or good MAX that knows how to shoot down flying targets, I switch to HA and try the granade + launcher approach, if that fails too I move on, that's 2 or 3 deaths total.
    Now imagine if I was a part of a massive zerg of 100+ players...
  6. Bambolero

7. OSUSentinel

I would love to have a stat with total empire loses and total empire bases defended
  8. PaladinZERO

I'm pretty sure in the 10 mins I was there, the same people jumped back up into the death trap. The next waves people tried to do something different, like quickly move to the side or toss a grenade. The only problem, there were around 20 TR spamming the kill zone with lead. It didn't matter what you did, it was lights out. I was totally amazed at the numbers entering the kill zone. I guess that when happens when you can respawn, people just don't care.
    I try and stay alive, even though there is a respawn.
    • Up x 1
  9. TheEvilBlight

In which case, you need to use teleporters or hit the other jump-pad. Or all of the above.
  10. Bambolero

Yes, unless you care about your precious K/D the game mechanics atm encourage mindless zerging, suicideing, kamikazing, jihading etc etc.