The Lattice System is Disappointing

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Padinn, May 25, 2013.

1. Playful Pony

Every battle since the lattice came has been brilliant. Instead of people "flanking" by driving to an entirely diferent base, the flanking actually happens on the battlefield around the facility being assaulted. I do not agree that tactics are dead, you are completely underestimating attacking a fortification for a second or even third front, to go further down the road and set up AT to destroy any armor the enemy try to send up in support of the fortification. The tactics are not the same, no. Ghost capping is no longer the name of the game, and I couldn't be happier. Good, juicy battles where every base is a true fight, a struggle towards victory or bitter defeat. It feels awesome! True tug of war! Hail the guys at SOE for finally listening to SOMETHING!
  2. RobotNinja

I used to get so sick and tired of wondering where to attack or defend. Now the game does my thinking for me. THERE...ONLY THERE.

Thanks SOE!

MENTOS!
    • Up x 4
  3. Haruk

Covered in this video:
    The perspectives I look at the lattice from
    How lattice has or has not changed the fundamentals of the game per perspective.

If you're looking for something well reasoned, this is probably worth your time. Let me know what you think.
  4. RaZz0R

Or are you?? Which base on the map does not have 3 lines? Note the word BASE, not out post!

[IMG]

It seems alot of people have forgotten that you can still take tiles.
  5. rayvon

waaa waaa wsaaa i cant ghost cap anymore
  6. rayvon

Just because there is a straight line does not mean you have to attack directly along that line lol
    • Up x 1
  7. HadesR

I agree and I think some of the problem is some people just view a " battle " as fighting over a few buildings at the end of a road, totally ignoring the rest of the Hex.
    Granted the lattice is far from perfect .. Yes it needs tweaks, Yes Imo in it needs micro actions adding to it ( Options that can influence a battle but not win it on their own ).

It's very much a work in progress to me and I hope SOE don't just leave it as is .. Because done right it has a lot of potential.
  8. TheDrone

You won't get it.

The only hope we have to still have the Hex is to push for co-existence. Two continents with the Lattice and one with the Hex.
  9. Macchus

lol .
  10. St0mpy

Remind me not to answer any more of your questions in future :D

Peace brother.
  11. maxkeiser

Yep. Indar is pretty dull now. Will avoid. Had loads of fun on Esamir this morning. Esamir is the best continent now, imo.
    • Up x 1
  12. FinnSimmons

Not shure what you men by lets not get carried away.
    Indar is the most populated continent. Its the continent most people favor i dare say so. If you change Indar and leave Esamir and Amerish the way they are you will probably alienate more people than by not making Indar the lattice continent. Especially if it is an unfinished version of the lattice. I do hope they go back to the HEX after a couple of more days and keep working on the Lattice until it is polished. I am not against the Lattice, I am against how it is now. A bunch of half thought through ideas.
  13. TheDrone

Please. Please. Wake up. There's no way in hell, no matter what happens, no matter if it could usher in world peace and cure AIDS at the same time, that the community will allow the developers to retract the Lattice. Even if it means that PS2 falls to players levels seen in PS1, the Lattice will not go. There's nothing, or no-one, no amount of reasoning or proof, no deity, no passing of time, no death, no birth, no passing of the ages, no great intellectual works or marvelous advances in science that could ever get the Latticers to change their mind. There are few things impossible in this universe. But I doubt that even in all of the universes, all of the possible timelines in the multiverse, there is one where the Latticers change their minds.

The Lattice is here to stay. No matter what. It's completely irrelevant that it is broken according to some people. It could kill ten puppies an hour. There's nothing that could convince the Latticers to change their minds. Therefore, the hostages (aka The Developers) have no choice but to keep it in.

What I am proposing is to keep Amerish as the only Hex continent. Then as more are added we can decide then if it is to be Hex or Lattice.
    • Up x 1
  14. FinnSimmons

Then why did they make a backup HEX-System? :rolleyes:
    Tell me that? It was on the Test Server for a sort time after the Lattice. Why have a backup plan if it is like you say?
    I am inclined not to believe you.
    • Up x 1
  15. TheDrone

This is mind boggling. I must be hallucinating. How can you not see what is happening?

The reason why the developers introduced the Lattice with a quick way to switch back, is because they wanted to be prepared in case of a massive backlash.

No such backlash has occurred. At all. Not in the slightest. Please, if you find the time, and look around on the forums, planetside universe and /r/planetside. The majority of players supports the Lattice. The majority of players always have. As I've explained before, this will not change.

And because this CAN NOT CHANGE the developers will never, ever, switch back. If they would switch back, you could measure the outrage with a seismograph. On the moon.

People can be so naive sometimes.
  16. kaolla

for my personnal experience i don t like the lattice for simple reason, my computer being weak , i have huge FPS drop near big fight ( or juste a lot of people) like 3 minute to open menu and get the map starting to load.

i play in solo ( mostly inflitrator) trying to go to small fight and of course sabotage what i can. ( mostly deastroy turret and gen) but now with lattice i can t even touch generator, that make a double problem to me : 1 less xp and usefullness, and 2 traveling with flash become harder or impossible because of vehicule shield.

inflitrator are now just sniper. you can t help by making enemy respawn far aways or even hacking.

Bio lab : can only hack some computer and the 2 airplane on the biolab
    AMP are the worse, beside hack/destroy turret, you can t spawn any vehicule because of the shield.
    i do prefer hex in solo. ( again because the game will crash when too many people near)

good point on the lattice is for defending
    - you know that your big base will still have respawn and shield up when you fall back to them.
    - and because enemy need to go in some specific direction you can put mine, betty/claymore on they path and outpost to make some kill.

just hope that now outpost will not become a "mine everywhere" area
  17. Geomancer

The lattice might be fine if it wasn't so hard to get to the fights. Why do I need to redeploy three times to get to a fight? Why is it that half the time I respawn at a supposedly contested base and find that there is no fight? Back in February or so I could pull up the map pick a fight that looked promising (yeah, a fight that it looked like my side was winning.) and go there. I could play for a half hour to an hour and then hop off and move on with my life. Now I have to work to just get to the fight.

As for the Lattice itself. What if they had a Sunderer function that would replace the AMS function that would let you relay influence from an otherwise unlinked adjacent Hex. Maybe it would have to be in specific places or it would require two Sunderers that were connected somehow. Regardless of the exact mechanics it would let the people that want more variety of battle lane to be all sneaky and tactical like but would still make the Lattice links the most reliable method as those Links can't be severed as easily.
  18. Halcyon

I never asked a question to begin with.
  19. Fizzgig

I logged in to PS1 the other day and spent 3 hours taking one base. It was awesome. Over the last week I've had more fun playing PS2 than I have in the last 6 months. With the lattice system, because you know where the opposition are heading, you can set up defences and have massive fights over outposts in the middle of nowhere. Those defences can then turn into massive offences, trying to break through ridgeline defences through canyons etc. So much fun. The lattice system is the best thing to be introduced to PS2 so far. All that's needed now is more continents and the ability to fully capture and lock them.
  20. Major

If the constant changes to make PS2, PS1 re-skinned is driving players away, then more lettuce will make more go away, it makes complete and perfect sense, not sure why certain people can't see it, it all happened before, and is all happening again.
    • Up x 1