[Suggestion] the Lancer

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by lawn gnome, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Adeon

Better is enemy of good.
  2. RockPlanetSide2

Lancer is a Team oriented weapon, when you have 6 buddies you can blow up anything before they can even think about moving... solo its a bad weapon, just get over it.
    • Up x 1
  3. Klondor

Vanu complain about anything that's not completely overpowered. They complain about their side-arms being total crap when they're actually very easy and effective to use. They say their MBT sucks but it can scale terrain which tracked vehicles cannot - giving it the ability to get away or get into a fight from an unexpected angle. They complain that their empire specific heavy weapon is terrible, yet it has better suppression abilities than the "almighty" T7 Mini-Chaingun. It's a never ending feed of complaints when they don't realize they have it pretty freaking good. I mean they were even the first to get their sound overhaul, and they got it all at once. We TR have to wait for the balance patch to get the rest of ours.
  4. Tentakewls

Good job quoting a moron.
    Except the beamer has the least KPH of any gun. A starter side arm, that everyone has, has less KPH than most side arms in the game, sidearms people had to buy. Easy to use? I don't remember the Repeater or the Desperado being hard to use.
    Except noone says the Mag sucks at climbing, so I guess your point is non existant. Fight from an unexpected angle? Sure bro...
    Except noone complains about the lasher being bad at suppressing people. Lots of people whinning about the Mini-Chaingun not killing people tho. No words on suppressing cause...that's now why I want to use a chain gun!
    Aww poor TR, they only have the highest KPH assault rifles and carbines in the game. Everyone whine about their side, TR pretending to be the victim is hilarious since their current problems are a result of how OP all their crap was for almost a year.
    You obviously have never played VS if you think the beamer is anywhere near as good as the Repeater or the Magshot. Why don't you go ahead and use the Mag to "attack from unexpected angles".
  5. Akashar

Rest is good but this one part is not relevant anymore, radar shows how many rockets are coming, you know now if you are going to take the punishment of your life. Anyway, the lancer is good, I used it a lot, then switched to the decimator to do more damages to maxes (really the only weak point of the lancer in extreme CQC) but I totally ditched lock on after trying it. My pals did the same, and even when we are only 3, I can tell anybody that most of things just run in terror. It is totally the best weapon for ambushes, for finishing targets, for scaring libs, and so on.
    I agree that being able to maintain forever the charge would be good, but that would take this weapon from good for its job to utterly OP. The skill it take right now is to time your charge with your pals, with the enemy vehicles, etc. If you don't have to it's just sooo easy to ambush maxes at 70/100 meters, with fully charged shots!
    Lancer is cool, I use it over any weapon to chase vehicles, and if I want extreme DPS in CQC, I go with the decimator, end of story, sorry for OP. Lancer can seem strange and UP, but it is definitely not!
  6. Klondor

That's cute, I do in fact have a VS and frequently use the beamer on her because i enjoy it. Unfortunately i dont enjoy playing VS enough to unlock Mag burner so i can prove to you what i mean, so i'll try my best to explain it to you.

By "unexpected angles" i mean i've regularly been ambushed by magriders who use magburner to scale cliff sides and steep hills laying in wait for me. During a test of the stalker cloak at the Stronghold a few days back, the VS arrived with an tank column alongside the zerg, Prowlers were tearing into them at range, i watched a few magriders take a steep hill with magburner. We didnt see them for a few moments, but they reappeared behind our prowlers and took a large number of them out while they were trying to take themselves out of anchor mode and turn around. it's a pretty good example of an "unexpected angle" if you ask me.
  7. Tentakewls

So what you are saying is, you were winning in a straight up fight so the Mags had to outplay/outskill you to win, so the magrider is better despite the fact that they would've lost in a straight up fight... yeah that makes sense. Good thing you can always flank a tank column and that there's always a cliff that you can climb in every tank fight.
    Stats and every VS I've known since beta says the beamer is inferior to the repeater and the mag, but hey, some guy who sometime plays VS says that he enjoys it so...that balnces it out, right?
  8. Ronin Oni

It could certainly use a longer max charge hold duration though.
    • Up x 1
  9. Klondor

I'm not saying the mag is better in every department, the Magrider is an excellent flanker, and surprise attack tank. It may not be the best in a 1v1 head to head engagement, that's the prowler's strength but it's very good at getting around the prowler and hitting it's weaker areas.

To be completely honest with you, i don't like the repeater i actually prefer using the TS2 Inquisitor because of it's 143 damage model, and it's fast chamber time.. The recoil is too high for my taste when shooting quickly and i have to land too many rounds against people who use Nanoweave. The beamer is practically the same exact thing as the TX2 Emperor with a very slight difference in chamber time. The beamer to me just feels better all around. So to sum it up, i do in fact think the beamer is a great pistol, along with the manticore and cerberus, your tank is an excellent tank, and a lot of your weapons actually fill their niches.
    i just think that VS players hear all these reports that their sidearms are supposedly terrible and immediately use the NS sidearms without really giving them a real chance to really work for them, and unless i get some serious statistical proof i'm gonna stand by my experiences in game.

[IMG]
  10. Tentakewls

The thing is that it's supposed to hold it for 5 seconds but it only holds it for like 2. The main issue with the lancer is that is buggy as hell.
  11. lawn gnome

it takes 3 seconds to charge and then it holds for about 2. so total it is about 5. although in my experiences with it there are some problematic bugs, like when it acts like it is charging but only "charge" one shot (even with a full clip).

but to repeat myself to those who missed it the first time: there are plenty of people who think the lancer is useful so i guess it doesn't need any major adjustments. i don't really agree, but i have backed down. i still think being able to hold a charge indefinitely is reasonable though.
  12. MajiinBuu

2 Fully charged lancer shots won't kill an esf.
    1 stock dumbfire will.
  13. Vivicector

IMHO, Lancer needs better AA damage (ESF mostly), longer charge hold, may be - faster charge speed. May be - a bit better damage, then lock-ons.
  14. lawn gnome

actually according to damage resists and stats the lancer will as long as they don't use fire suppression or some other form of rapid repair. the problem is getting him to wait around for that second shot. 2 charge shots on an ESF will do exactly 3000 damage.
  15. Frosty The Pyro

anything that can easily hit air, does reduced damage to air. The dumbfire is not classified as being able to easily hit air, and thus does its full damage.

Also 1 stock dumbfire will not necessarily kill an ESF, it leaves them at 50 hp, which is about 3 to 4 seconds to hit fire supresion, bail, or midair repair. A decimator will one shot an esf

lancer has the SAME damage as lock ons, and fires more quickly (which results in beter damage output)
  16. lawn gnome

they used to back before i got my decimator although most ESF seem to run flares so it really doesn't matter.
  17. Frosty The Pyro

fire supresion has been generaly preferred to flares by the people with highly certed ESFs after the 25% health buff it got for ESFS. so its much more common recently than it was in the days of yore, when a pheonix or dumbfire hit was almost a garenteed ESF kill. still plenty of uncerted or low certed ESFs about though.