THE LANCER IS THE WORST WEAPON EVER !

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VanuBangura, Aug 8, 2013.

1. MonnyMoony

Every shot counts - the tank is still dead - jobs a good'un.
  2. Stew360

Good tips so we wont be shot by Unredered Aefull Spartan lazers who almost instagib vehicules while used by a squad with absolutly NO way to avoid it unlike the lock on

this guys is Not real

if he want some trash stuff he can have our phoenix ;)
  3. Vixxing

Instagib vehicles? you funny! Pheonix atlest oneshotkills ESF if you manage to hit them, Lancer is almost as hard to hit ESF with and do 1/3 the damage... (longer range idd but try hitting an ESF long range with an unzoomed sniperrifle that you always needs to load 3s 3 times... really try it! use a stock sniper rifle and hit an ESF 3 times on 300 m thats EASIER than a Lancer no chargetime!)
  4. Kaon1311

Your on a roll today, try hitting an ESF with a Pheonix, then try with a lancer, then come back and tell us your results.
    I can hear NC gritting their teeth as i type.
  5. Vixxing

You cant hit moving ones with either... just hoovering ones, and hitting a hoovering one with a guided missile or a sniper is just as easy... only diffrence is one kills outright while the other barely dents it....
  6. Kaon1311

You cant, doesnt mean everyone cant, ive witnessed lancers hitting ESFs. Hitting a hovering ESF is harder with a pheonix due to the crap velocity of the rocket, but hey makes a change for you to bash the Pheonix and not the Striker.
  7. Vixxing

You cant be %"¤#¤ serious? Show me one clip of anyone solo killing a moving ESF with a Lancer and i will cook you dinner and date your sister...
  8. Vashyo

9. deggy

The Lancer is a wonderful gun. You just have to use...

*TEAMWORK*

...because at long ranges a Lancer squad can murder the face of anything unfortunate enough to complete line of sight.
  10. Larington

I'm pretty undecided on whether it's over or under powered, I just keep wishing it was functionally exactly like the original Lancer (Aside from damage since tanks have different armour values, etc), none of this charge up to get decent damage output bullcrap. Co-incidentally, I still think the Striker should've been given AV Mana turret functionality for weapon guidance, but I guess it's too late now, if they were to change it the reaction would be similar to the Saron tank gun change.

I've hit moving ESF's with the occasional shot but it's never really felt worth the effort, the rounds don't travel as fast as folks might be assuming, it's certainly not a hitscan weapon. Just jumped in game to check the values, the lancer round velocity is 600, compare that to the skyguard which is 400 and as someone who's used the Skyguard extensively, let me tell the amount I often have to lead fast moving ESF's by even at close ranges is nothing short of comical. What also confuses aiming is that the velocity on your shot varies depending on the charge level, you'd have to lead by different amounts for each charge level.

I have Lancer sitting in my third HA loadout, but mostly I stick with Decimator as it's more suited to popping around a corner to fire a rocket off at a MAX or sneaking behind an enemy tank with. Also the Deci is devastating to those cocky lib pilots who try hovering above a spawn building, 2 shots = dead Liberator.
  11. Kaon1311

Does it say ANYWHERE in my post about someone soloing an ESF with a Lancer. You said they couldnt hit them, i said they could.

If i had a sister i wouldnt let a dirty Vanu touch her ( :p ), and I am fussy about food and cook my own, but thanks for the offer :D

Lets agree to disagree, you dont like lancer, i would swap my striker for one anyday of the week.
    Lancer in an organised group is a dangerous tool, solo its a not bad, just like the Striker.
  12. Purg

LOL. An ESF has to stand absolutely stationary for about 7 seconds *after you notice it hovering* for a Phoenix to even have a chance - if they're full health and have fire suppression (or whatever it is) they won't immediately die and unless you can switch and fire with your primary or are taking fire from elsewhere, they may live. If the pilot moves in any direction during that period, it's an almost guaranteed miss. I've probably killed maybe 5-10 ESF's with my Phoenix despite hundreds of tries. Never killed a Liberator with one, I don't think I've even hit a Liberator with one. Hitting an ESF with a Lancer is much easier and have probably killed about the same amount of ESF despite 1/4 of the usage time. Have killed several Liberators with the Lancer as well.
  13. Vixxing

You said "you cant hit moving ESF with the Lancer!" Like anyone can? (and id attack your sister as infiltrator you would never see me coming!)
  14. Vixxing

(i got 3 sniper rifle auraxium so nothing wrong with my aim)
  15. TeknoBug

I like the Lancer but it's definitely not a solo weapon, you won't get much done if you're the only one doing AV.
  16. Peter Daniel

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

The lancer is so bad you need 10 people...
  17. Bine

The lancer has a much higher force multiplier than the other ESLs. With the fact its a surprise shot, high velocity, massive range, and versatility, it is an amazing weapon. If it was any stronger it would be OP! I like where it is at. It's a wonderful weapon, use it almost all the time. Love being able to smack MAX suits from the other side of a courtyard. Love being able to smack libs, gals, and ESFs for that juicy bonus xp.

It just requires more aim than the Striker. And the striker is actually worse in tight close quarters than the Lancer. I am TR. I have used the Lancer before. VS is my secondary faction, and i LOVE my Lancer. If i could have it on the TR I would so totally use it.
  18. deggy

It's a good gun if you know how to use it, it's an awful gun if you walk up to a Vanguard and expect to solo it.
  19. Posse

Raising the stakes here

[IMG]

Btw, the only buff I'd give to the Lancer is making it able to kill ESFs with 2 fully charged shots, nothing else, of course, if they buff it I won't complain anyway :p
    • Up x 1
  20. Peter Daniel

The charge shot could take longer and deal more damage.