The Kneejerk reaction to new interface

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Luminus, May 24, 2015.

1. Luminus

Daybreak was far too hasty in completely reversing the interface changes because a vocal portion of the players had their inevitable fit over any visual change that could ever happen.

They should have been active for at least a week so the vocal minorities temper tantrums could subside before making changes based on real player feedback.
    • Up x 1
  2. Grumblefern

Nah. It was bad. Basically they went comic sans mode which doesn't fit at all with the game's aesthetic.
    • Up x 2
  3. Cuze

Is it gone for good, or just so that they can fix the scaling issues?

I didn't mind the change and liked the look, the only issue I had with it was the size.
  4. KnightCole

what did it look like?
  5. Czarinov

And you're having a fit on a forum, congrats...

"Real players"... by what do you consider yourself a real player and others (who didn't like the change) a fictional one?
  6. Lucidius134

It was partly a scaling issue from what i saw but i never got to see them myself.
  7. Klypto

Scale and persistence was annoying in combat, but I liked the new look.
  8. agentpuhpul

It was an interesting change, I woulda gotten used to it either way...

but i'll be honest I prefer the old size/font better (if it ain't broke, don't fix it)

I was curious if it'd get in the way by adding MORE HUD clutter but I didn't play long enough with it to get a fair opinion.
  9. Luminus

Nobody did, that is the point.
  10. Alchemist44

I cant give any feedback about it, because when I logged on to play, it was already gone. I've never actually seen the font and icon change :D
  11. Garrum

Not only was there no reason to change it in the first place, the new version of it was incredibly poorly done. The font scaling was WAY too large, and there was a completely out of place drop shadow on it, taking up even more screen space. The terminal icons were poorly done as well.

It was complained about on PTS, and they pushed it live anyway. The furious rage once it hit live was to be expected for such a poorly thought out and poorly implemented change. HUD clutter is something we need less of, not more.
  12. AshHill07

Why the hell do we even have a PTS server ...
  13. Liewec123

Pretty Much like this over every player's head.
    what they really should have done was add more options for font and icon size
    most players are fine with small unintrusive text, but if some people want to see giant names for whatever reason then there should be an option for that.
    • Up x 1
  14. Shiaari

Remember what Jeff Foxworthy said about rednecks? You might be a redneck if you show the police officer your belt buckle for identification?

It was that bad.
  15. MikeyGeeMan

I thought it looked good. You can actually see them. And it was easy to tell new players where to go.

Too bad we listen the the elite few. Cause their input has made this game great....ha.

Vision....it's what makes games great.
  16. Dualice

I found it clunky and intrusive. A bit of scaling probably would have helped it a lot. Though as OP said it was a bit knee-jerk of the devs to just pull it completely, so quickly after implementing it.
  17. ronjahn

The new text and icons were a nice change, but they were simply not scaled properly. Same font and icons would be fine if just made smaller. It was immersion breaking and also blocked the view of what I was trying to shoot/aim at. Probably should have been something that they asked for help with on the test server. Similar to how they asked for help with the ESF changes. This one could have at least been pointed out and adjusted before the release.
  18. KodiakX

Frankly I logged because of it on the night it was implemented (and I was enjoying people not sitting in their spawn so much too :( ).

It's just too much clutter. I don't care if they bring that back as an option, or allow us to choose the persistence of certain objectives, or scale down the names to a reasonable size, or what but it was incredibly distracting trying to play in that UI.