[Suggestion] The Killowatt, Close Range Sapper.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Xynxie, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Xynxie

My idea... get rid of EMP grenades and replace with a short range secondary infil weapon that gives infils a sapper role, up close and personal, thereby giving infils more of a squad oriented purpose. I thought about a handheld Dalton, but decided it may be a bit much. o_O Anyhoo, hope ya like.

INFO
    • Name: Kill-o-Watt
    • Slot: Secondary Weapon.
    • Role: Close range hit & run cattle prod.
    • Radius: Very small, precision single target.
    • Recharge 5/5: 40 seconds, 38 seconds, 36 seconds, 34 seconds, 30 seconds. Proportionate to cert level. At 5/5 if shocked target dies within 5 seconds of use, the weapon will receive full charge.
    • Range: 5 meters.
    EFFECTS
    • Effect on Engineer Turrets: DOT effect with 10% of original turret health drained per second. A turret at full HP would take 10 seconds to be destroyed; a turret at half health, 5 seconds. If turret is destroyed by the effect, it deals a small explosive proximity payload. Any repair action by an engineer can cancel the effect.
    • Effect on Base Mounted Turrets: Ejects occupant.
    • Effect on all ground vehicles: Disables motor systems for 3 seconds. All gunnery can operate as normal.
    • Effect on air vehicles: In the off chance an infiltrator is close enough to shock an ESF or capital ship, the immobilization is 5 seconds. If you somehow manage to zap a fast moving/low flying ESF, you deserve the kill. :)
    • Effect on other infiltrators: Drain all shields, 1 second stun, 200 health damage. Infil vs infil close quarters.... good times, good times.
    • Effect on non-infiltrator targets: Drain all shields.
    • Effect on self: disables or greatly diminishes cloak transparency during weapon recharge.
    • Up x 1
  2. Dualice

Sounds quite cool. Would be nice for infiltrators to have something that can interfere with vehicles a la PS1.

Not sure I'd ever give up my trusty EMPs vs. infantry though :)
  3. yeHHH1g

Why the hell would you get rid of emp...
  4. Xynxie

Figured redundancy or maybe having an EMP grenade in excess would be a bit too OP. Trying to come up with weapons and maintain a sense of balance is easy to conceptualize but not so easy once you start talking semantics.
    • Up x 1