The Infiltrator's Handbook: Suppressor's On Bolt Actions

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by DrankTHEKoolaid, Dec 6, 2012.

1. DrankTHEKoolaid

I see this question asked all the time on here and it's usually answered with my same thoughts, however I figured I'd give some visuals of just exactly what the effects are. Please let me know what else you guys would like to see, thanks guys.

And here is a link to my Infiltrator's Handbook playlist.

• Up x 1
  2. Noctover

Arr your the guy i already subscribed too after your first video.

Good vids so far keep it up :).
  3. Caspartine

Thumbs up. I like your videos. Deserves a sub for sure:)
  4. Drakoni

Aha! My guardian infiltrator angel here to save me 100 hard earned certs! I love your vids, they're very well made and offer solid advise. I was literally talking over this with my friend on planetside 2 last night debaiting how much the drop and damage loss was so I'm really happy to see this video. Let's hope planetside can take note and buff accordingly because honestly....I really would like to get this attachment but In it's current state it's absolutely useless. Feels like it turns a sniper into a long range "Shotgun"...Not a good shotgun either ha!
  5. KorJax

Ugh wish I saw this video a couple of days ago when I bought the supressor

It's actually much worse for Semi-Autos and Scout Rifles because not only does it affect bullet drop but it signifigantly affects damage on any target 50-100m+ out. I.E. it'll do full damage still close range, but what normally takes 2-3 shots to kill an enemy across a courtyard with my scout rifle, now takes 5-6 shots with a scilencer. That's insane, it makes sniping totally useless at even medium range (at least for Vanu). Bolt actions probabably are not affected damage wise since they already do so much up front damage but still - why would you ever use a bolt action in medium/close range, where the scilencer's effects are noticable?

That said if you use a scout rifle and exclusively use it to engage at close range the scliencer effectively has no downsides. Just don't expect to do any meaningful damage to a target that is (for example) across the courtyard you are in.
  6. DrankTHEKoolaid

Thanks for the replies everyone!

And KorJax that is good to know. I bought one for my Stalker but havn't gotten to test it at all yet. I was actually gonna include it in this video but figured I should do some testing first. I'm hoping that since I usually use it for short ranges it will be fine.
  7. Benton!

It also effects semi-auto sniper rifles. My Impetus (same stats as Gauss SPR) suffers from the same thing. I would never take my silencer off it, but I have to use it more like a shotgun, which is OK cause it is about as powerful as one :)