The Great Race Qualifier!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MonoTekETeA, Jan 1, 2013.

1. MonoTekETeA

Great Race Qualifier

Do you like competition? Do you like to Race? Do you like Station Cash? Well enter the Great Race Qualifier event so you can race a Flash across a whole continent against 44 other racers to decide who is the best in Planetside 2. For your efforts you will win recognition for yourself as well as 2000 station cash!

On top of that, the racer that finishes in first for their faction will be qualified for another race, The Great Race Finals. This race will pit these racers against each other for faction recognition as well as another 2000 station cash to the winner!

Interested? Read on.

Details
    Server: Jeager
    Qualifier Race Date: Febuary 2nd 10:00PM EST (7:00PM PST)
    Registration Starts: January 1st
    Registration Ends: January 25th
    14* entrants per faction (*12 Open slots, 2 "Locked" slots)

How to Register:
    Create a Character on the Jeager server under Terrain Republic.
    Character must be Battle Rank 1 at the start of the race.
    Email planetside2events@gmail.com with the following:

• Jeager Character Name:
    • Alternative Name (In-case name is unavailable on Jeager, but you would still like to be recognized as this name):
    • What Faction you represent:
    • What Outfit you represent:
    • What Server you represent:
    • Can you stream? : Yes or No
      • I am looking for 2 spotlight racers per faction that can stream as they race. Preferred entrants would have a proven stream ability as well as Outfit representation. Please include a link to your previous streams if you have done so. These are locked spots only available to those that can stream.
    Rules

• **Again, your character MUST BE Battle Rank 1 (BR1) at the start of the race.**
    • Flash/On Foot only. You can not drive/fly or ride in any other vehicle.
    • Must be logged on at 9:30 PM EST (6:30 PM PST) under your racer’s name and check in with “TheBreadTruck.” I will then invite you into the race platoon and tell you where to go for the starting line. **I recommend you do not spawn a Flash from this time until closer to the race’s start. If your flash is on cooldown at the start of the race either hoof it or wait for the spawn timer.**
    • If you die, your spawn point must be behind where you died on the map. The race will be recorded and we will refer to the recorded footage if needed before finalizing the results. If you have a question about a point there will (hopefully) be a few “judges” that you can whisper and ask during the race. If not them, you can always whisper me.
    • You must remain in the platoon/squad. If at any point you leave, you will be disqualified.
    • All classes are open. Choose what you think works best for you. You can change classes during the race if you would like.
    • You are not allowed to fire at enemy racers. If a opposing racer fires upon you and kills you, please take a screen shot of the death screen with so we can see their name and your death.
    • You are not allowed to share your Flash with other racers. Make sure your Flash is "Locked" by pressing the Page Down key after your Flash is spawned.
    • You can not purchase weapons for your Flash.

This is where I cover my own butt

• This race is being held on a live server, you will be driving through contested territory. It is up to you to figure out the best way to deal with this issue. The entire map is open to your class and your flash. Be a Light Assault to scale mountains/cliffs, a operative to hack enemy vehicle terminals behind enemy lines, etc.
    • The Starting Line and the Finish Line may be contested when it comes down to the race starting and finishing. I will do my best to make a selection that will deter this from happening (at least for the starting line), but no promises.
    • I do not work for SOE or Planet Side 2, I am just a player taking initiative to broaden the game and offer competitions that other players can partake in. I have no power except for this initiative and a few dollars to buy Station Cash to offer as prizes. I want everyone to have fun and hope that everyone treats each other with respect and realizes that this is a game and we are here to have fun.
    • If you have any questions or feedback, contact me at planetside2events@gmail.com.
    Let me know what you think!
    -Jeremy "MonoTekETeA"
  2. Lasterba

I already tried to do this exact same event with a $25 SC gift card to be used on 3x SC day. No one showed up.

So good luck.
  3. MonoTekETeA

Thanks for the heads up and the well wishes. I am a stubborn and determined guy, so even if this doesn't work out, I'll try other stuff.

If you already tried this, sign-up because you'll have some experience! Right? There are a lot of videos out there already of flash races, so I hope there is some interest to be generated.
  4. St0mpy

someone in our outfit had the idea to suicide ourselves on the opposite warp gate to win, that way you see their squad number stuck on the map at the finish shield
  5. CrushBoss

We, [GOON], have flash races all the time, usually turns about 100-200 person flash race, except it usually end with a sundy blockade and all the competitors getting killed, good times.
  6. MonoTekETeA

Q&A:
    Q: I can't make any more characters on my account...
    A: Make another account. If you want recognition as another character/name, please add place that name in the details you submit.

St0mpy: I might use the warpgate idea, thank you.
    CrushBoss: Get your boys to sign up, I'd love to have them race! Just make sure ya'll can make it out on the date and time. Also, I will prevent too many players from the same Outfit in the race to spread the wealth. However, if this doesn't turn out to be as successful as I would hope, then you will all have your shot!

Entries have already been submitted, get yours in today if you would like to compete.
    -Jeremy
  7. Smagjus

Already created an account and checked the start time. 4am in Germany..meh
  8. MonoTekETeA

Yeah, sorry. Maybe in the future I can do a European race or event. Sticking what I am familiar with off the bat.

Thanks for the interest Smagjus.
  9. RedOak

Count me and my guys in!
  10. MonoTekETeA

Received and approved! Thanks RedOak, looking forward to other outfit submissions.

-Jeremy
  11. Deringer

ReachCast Approved!

Bump for Great Justice!
  12. Skadi

Its better when a Galaxy skies down the road and mows down all the flash's...
  13. Greenfrog

I'm intrigued...but I have a couple of questions

race start/finish don't seem to be currently decided - are you keeping them secret deliberately to prevent practice routing? I understand they may be contested, which could require a last minute adjustment - does that mean the race *route* (which isn't set, but still could be *practiced* beforehand if we knew which continent and which general intended direction it was meant to go) is secret-ish?

BR1 characters, if created early enough and logged in frequently enough, might still acquire enough certs for upgrades like speed/handling - are you trying to prevent upgrades (vanilla flashes?) or is it up to individual racers to upgrade their flashes for the race if possible?

**also, minor note - you have a spelling error asking people to create a character in the "terrain" republic - under "how to register" - just fyi**
  14. MonoTekETeA

It is secret-ish. I will tell you that it will be from one corner to the next of a continent, and it will be on the continent that TR has the most control over. On Jeager this is typically Indar.

Your character has to be BR1. I can't tell anything beyond that, so I urge that if you want to do some "homework" go ahead and get a few certs, just don't break that level.

Gah, my mistake on the spelling. Can't edit, so I must bear my shame.

Deringer: Thanks for the approval mate!
  15. MonoTekETeA

Here is a bump for this.

Only 4 entrants so far, which is great for them, because they have a 1 in 4 chance to win 2000 station cash. If you want a cut of this, enter the event and give it a shot!

Keep the questions coming if you have them. Thanks!
  16. RedOak

What?!?! Thts outrageous! Time to spread the word! TO TWITTER
  17. UrMom306

time to cert into some vehicle mines....i'll provide some "environmental challenges"
  18. MonoTekETeA

19. MonoTekETeA

Here are the Results!

First place: Aetrix (TR) winner of 2000 SC!
    Second Place: BlastInYoFace8Times (TR)
    Third Place: RacingDevilDinosaur (TR)

There weren't racers from other factions, so we won't be having another race. Keep a look out for more events in the future.