The Grand Wishlist

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ostekake, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Ostekake

With going live its clear what didnt make it into launch.
    Here is my wishlist based on a meager 10 years of Planetside experience,
    of things that can make everything smoother and more user friendly.

• Minimap, Adjustable window, not only a solution to hiding cert points.
    • - Would like to have the resource pool and gain on the main hud.
    • - Take it out in its own window maybe, so you can move both radar and certs around..
    • Press G, should take me to a global map of some kind..
    • Press any of the hotkeys for platoon,outfit, map, etc from within those windows should open what you ask for.
    • Chatbox, needs to have a toggle for not fading out and or a adjustable fadeout timer.
    • - first step could be a toggle in useroptions.ini for chat window not to fade out.
    • - Pressing enter should take you back to the last transmit text channel you used, not /say or something else random..
    • - Chatbox needs to show on map, deployment/respawn screen (important for drop coordination among other things)
    • Auto join squad, should use the outfit and friends toggle in the squad select screen
    • - outfit and friends toggle needs to be persistent.
    • - An option to show outfit tags in friends list.
    • - Friends list should have a editable group tag you could add to people.
    • - friends toggle in squad select screen should be extended with friend groups
    • When a tell arrives from a different server it should say so in the message, like [Miller] Ostekake: Hello World !
    • Platoon and squad leader needs drop down menu to move from squad (pl only)to squad in platoon view and change slotnumber of anyone in squad.
    • - Squad slots needs a description field that shows up as tooltips for members and maybe as a roletitle with description below squad list for members when slot is selected.
    • - Platoon and Squad leaders needs ability to see other listed squads.
    • - In squad list view, platoon leaders needs dropdown menu for invite to his or her platoon.
    • - Squad list view should have a col for current continent of squad leader and the col should be sortable
    • - Squad/Platoon screen should have a url set by SL / PL for third party voice url to launch member onto that voice server with nickname from game. ie ts3server://server-name.com/?nickname=<pulled from game>
    • - SL and PL needs number WPs (1-4) and smoke needs to show on all zoom levels of the map.
    • - All squad WPs needs to be visible for other squads in the platoon.
    • - Selecting a outfit,squad or platoon vehicle should activate auto follow/scroll on map.
    • - Squad and platoon vehicles should have the correct color
    • - Squad and platoon vehicles should show the squad number of the driver/pilot.
    • - Mouse over on a squad/platoon/outfit selected vehicle on map should tooltip a list over the passengers and their position in the vehicle.
    • Spawn screen filter and toggles for: sort order for location groups, squad top/bottom, pure distance, Always closest air pad on top, etc.
    • - When deployment selection selected, clk customize, screen needs deploy button.
    • - When deployment selection selected, clk customize, clk loadout, also needs deploy button.
    • - On both deploy, need quick keys, 1 to 6 for selecting class and also hitting enter should spawn you to selected deployment.
    • - On equipment terminal screen need quick keys, 1 to 6 for selecting class and hitting number should select and you leave screen.
    • - Extend quick select for classes with loadout number as the second number pressed, ie pressing 1 then 2 would be infil second loadout, provided 2nd and 3rd loadout have been changed and are not default.
    • Need /whosl /rewhosl /whopl /rewhopl /resl /repl /rec /c as and alias for /leaders and maybe outfit versions of those.
    • /outfit invite playername needs to work.
    • Outfit member list needs 'last logged on' and sort able columns
    • Character select screen should have more than just gfx settings, sound as a minimum.

What else ? What have i forgot ?
    Small simple changes and enhancements thats easy to put in and gives the greatest return ?

PSU Version of thread
    • Up x 6
  2. Orbital_Butt

3. Ostekake

not quite what i'm looking for...
    wanted ideas that are easy to implement and would give the biggest return for the game.
    ie, what could make it easier for experienced players to help out all the f2p 'customers'
    or, what is your greatest pain when using the game, what do you end up doing again and again that is just a tedious chore ?
  4. Gozuu

Can I add two simple things?
    - Infiltrator:
    Allow the Infiltrator to shoot-to-break invisibility(Cover). It is a tad annoying to have to first toggle off and then shoot, rather than shoot and automatically lose it.

-Enemies:
    It is currently too easy to spot enemies when they have huge red triangles on their heads. Why is this available? If you spot someone, it should call out their minimap position, not give away their hideout by a big, huge red triangle.
    • Up x 2
  5. Orbital_Butt

Oh. Well, I'd like the Skyguard to be a bit better, then, it's pretty lackluster ATM.
  6. SG1Oniell[SG1]

I'd like to see some sort of self-propelled artillery vehicle personally. Different for each faction of course. I'd like the ability to do a semi-accurate fire on the go, where you can fire at what you can see, then deploy some sort of a brace to both extend range and make it more accurate. Targeting in this mode would be done by a version of the map, where you could view your max range and select "waypoints" where your fire would go.
  7. siiix

spawn on squad leader and NOT on beacon (but it will never happen sony hates this idea for some misterius reasons)
  8. Fara

bumping in a stupid way
  9. DarkFire507

Sony really needs to add some of these things, it would make the menus much easier.
  10. sagolsun

Crysis 1 had it worked out. Decloak manually or shoot while cloaked in a pinch, which automatically drains your cloak to zero. It gives infiltrators more options and promotes skilled playing and good timing.
    Disagree, this would make spotting next to useless. Spotting is a mechanic that promotes teamplay and gives passengers something to do other than watching scenery.

Ostekake that list covers a huge chunk of the quirks and annoyances of the current UI and I support it.

A fringe feature that probably won't get used a lot, I'd assign it low priority. Welcome to have but there are more important items on that list.
  11. klaptafeltje

my outfit leaders says i need to bump this, so bump
  12. Blothgar

Great list!

I'll add that I would really like the unit frames from PS1 Back, which showed all the members of the platoon on screen, and also showed their HP bar.

/Blothgar
  13. HeyRocketMan

Brilliant ideas Oste , SOE should really implement this in the next or upcoming patch . I strongly believe it would really help enhance and make PS2 players experience the game to the fullest.

just a quick add , if its possible to add weapon decal or camo that is specific for players that attained the highest medal for a weapon

meaning players that achieved auraxium medal

it would be great to have the ability to show your achievement on a weapon to other players
  14. Glalaks

Freelook in third person view on aircrafts.
  15. eTisc

Refresh button on Squadlist (the search menu)
    the only way how I check if there are new squads is by going out and in the hole time, or Check the "friends" button and than UNcheck it.

But a button would be great!! :)

Sry for bad english language, I am Dutch.
  16. wrenched

I agree with you original poster!

SOE should be PAYING us to play this FREE game, right?? ARE YOU WITH ME? LETS RIOT!
  17. Ostekake

wohoo - 2 month anniversary of this wishlist and not many if any of the items have been implemented...
    Not only are most of the items actually EASY to fix, but people claim SOE listen for fixing the obvious by over nerfing their previous over the top nerfs - but fix simple things to improve team play... oh no.. cant do that...

Must be so much better to introduce game mechanics that actually ruins teamplay, like the latest 'defensive spawnpoints'...
    Who in the world did actually ask for THAT ?
  18. LanceHavenbay

OP
  19. DJStacy

Good ideas that will improve the userbility of the menus and sqd/platoon system...............
  20. QuakerOatsMan

Actually, that would pretty much only result in easy point-blank headshots for the infil :(, especially against those playing on minimum settings..

On another note, I'd like to see a MAX weapon revamp: e.g.: pounder HEG, lasher, etc.