The Game is In a Decent Place Right Now. STOP QQing

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Malleablelist, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Malleablelist

So I came to the hellhole known as forumside around spring-ish, and ever since then I'd have to say that 80% of all posts that I see are about nerfing x because it insta gibs y and I'm too lazy to counter with z.
    Why?
    Why can't people just play the game that's laid out in front of them?
    How long has this game been going? And it's STILL in BETA?

The reason I bring this up is because I feel like the nerf calls and such are what is slowing down the production of the game. I believe we would have had MORE content if it wasn't for the nerfs. Look at how long the updates take whenever they nerf something; They (the devs) will notice all the upset QQ about a certain item or weapon, discuss how they will fix it (Two weeks later, is about average), afterwards send it out to test server (two to four weeks to ???), and then a month later send it out to live. That is literally 2 and a half months of wasted time, just because a small group of people didn't like the way something was working. Do you see my point?

Why not, instead of crying for changes to the already live gameplay, wait for at least the devs to finish the game.
    Why not wait for more content instead of crying nerf because you don't want you're KDR to drop below 2

TL;DR Stop ******** so we can get more content
  2. Iridar51

There is no evidence that update production is slowed down by nerf calls. Directives and resource revamp are still coming in the next update, along with some balance changes. One doesn't exclude the other.
    • Up x 1
  3. Axehilt

Failure to keep up with balance on the game just results in super long periods where things like ZOE or Liberators or similar imbalances persist for years on end, which grinds fun into oblivion.

Granted, many of the "fixes" to imbalanced things have tended to either avoid solving the core imbalance, or have failed to address the imbalance by strengthening the counter (which isn't always appropriate...with some unit relationships like Liberators the only reasonable way to let their natural counters (ESF) beat them is to reduce their agility (or speed) and that hasn't happened yet, which is why Liberators are still basically broken in skilled hands. But hey, at least their weapon balance is actually in a much better spot nowadays.)
  4. Paragon Exile

We ***** and complain because we care, we don't just complain for the sake of complaining.
  5. RHINO_Mk.II

The QQ is in a decent place right now. Stop gaming. :eek:
  6. Luke15g

What SOE have done in developing this game was ridiculously stupid and shortsighted. We would have more content if they realised from the start that this game needs the depth and features found in Planetside 1 to stand out from other shooters and keep hold of the playerbase.

They have (slowly) been trying to add some of those features but in failing to have them from the outset, they have been forced to go back and redesign nearly everything to fit them in properly. They had to redesign every continent just to fit in with the lattice system and they had to do it again to address their shallow base design.

They will also have to do it again when they add things like the second portion of the resource revamp, interlink facilities and probably when they add more features they realise are important and needed to add depth to this game.

Basically, they are trying to build the foundation after they declared the house finished. As they try to slide the foundation in, walls fall down and they have to go back and rebuild massive chunks of the house anyway.