The Forward Grip does nothing on the GD-7F the NC's best LA weapon. Other factions may want to check

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Scrimps, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Scrimps

I been messing around with attachments and different weapons today. Checking out the recoil, what each attachment helps with and what side the weapon recoils towards (pulls left, right or goes straight up).

I recently picked up the GD-7F, on paper, the best all around LA weapon (of course, you pick weapons based on situations). After using it for a couple days, I noticed that the weapon felt the same before and after I picked up the forward grip. So I decided to do a wall test at the warp gate.

Turns out, the forward grip does nothing for the GD-7F at all. The recoil is identical both with, and without it.

here is a screenshot of the wall shots. On the left is with the forward grip, and on the other is without.

[IMG]
  2. Crashsplash

Forward grip is only suppose to mitigate horizontal recoil, so the effect on that gun would be minimal at best.

Ther's another cert unlock that impacts on vertical recoil ....... I forget it's name.... got it, it's the Compensator.

Before you buy eitehr the Forward GRip or Compensator for any gun, test the recoil against a wal to decide which on you need.

IIRC - all stock TR guns have lots of vertical and little horizontal recoil but only the Forward Grip is available on a cert unlock ~(for the Engy I think) where is isn't much good.
  3. Viesel

I really want the option of the underbarrel weapons back on the GD-7F. I used it through the Beta and it was by far my favorite.
  4. nibew

well i have gauss compact s

bought compensator and grip to have more control on this weapon but theres NO DIFFERENCE at all!!!
    both horizontal and vertical recoils are same as without them, tested few times on wall and i still cant belive i wasted 200 certs on something that doesnt work

can i get 200 cert refund?