The feel of the Rifles is off.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Drain3d, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Drain3d

I dont know what it is but my bolt action feels different. Bullet drop maybe speed if different. Maybe i am crazy but the LONGSHOT feels slower and has more drop. On a side note player animations at a distance are trash, they look like 2d sprites and it is much harder to "read" the players movement. Anyone else feel the same way?

ps. Hit boxes seem smaller to.
  2. thepackett

It's server lag. The servers are crumbling down, for whatever reason, probably all the people playing that the servers should be able to support in the first place.
  3. ZephyrBurst

The hit boxes have been tightened up from what I hear. I haven't had an issue there when sniping. The animations at range are a problem though. As you said, it's harder to read what players are doing and makes that long range shot a lot harder. I'm guessing this could have to do with the server not performing well right now. Though it's worth noting that the patch notes mentioned something about animations playing differently at range. The biggest problem I've had today are the other players moving irregularly. I don't mean moving in an irregular way to avoid getting sniped. It feels like their coordinates aren't being updated on my end as often as it used to.

I could also be having a bad day. I wasn't able to play well in any class today.
  4. Stinneyt

All 'servers' are probably hosted on one machine.
  5. IIXianderII

Yea I talked to a few people today and they all said that sniping felt off. I don't know if it is one thing, or a combination of factors but its definitely different. The animations at range are extremely janky now though, I couldn't snipe past 100 meters due to that and players heads disappearing.
  6. ZephyrBurst

Another thing I've found is infantry move about 2 times faster than normal from about 80m out and beyond. The animations don't play at range, which isn't a big deal in throwing off aim, but things moving way faster is kinda wonky. I've seen my bullets go right through infantry. It makes me think that because they're moving faster at range, that they're not actually where I'm seeing them.
  7. Darkelfdruid_LOL

Probably the hit detection bug that's going on.

Off topic : can anyone post a screen of FOV full zoon out with BA in hand?

And a pic of x12 zoon at hostiles?
    • Up x 1
  8. BloodyPuma

Bugs, differences and strange effects that i found [using parallax] :

1. When i fire scoped, bullet is flying higher then normally. Its 2x more visible then before. I dont know what is causing this change. Its 100% diffetent the before. On long range its kinda make me nuts cause its animation is hiding a target for a second.

2. Far medium and distant animations are ugly as hell. People move like 2 times faster then before. A lot more jerky. Like they micro teleport. Often they only move like a ghost - legs are static - or they use legs, once per second while playing moving animation. I hate it! Its like 2001 again. BIg step backward.

3. Lots of blank shots on 100% static target. Happend on 50,100, 150, 200 range. Few time I had to shoot 3-4 times to hit a guy from the same angle - and the guy was AFK. BUG.

4. Already ive survived 3 headshosts from highiest tear sniper rifles - received few angry tells about it. The same happened to me once.

5. The feel of the weapon is different.

6. Angry moment - you aim at guy at midrange, then he suddenly switch to far animation. good luck trying to readjust on one breath :) Its like jumping out of a vehicle - beam me up scotty ;)

7. And a bonus - headless chicken are back. One on 20 peeps dont have a head.

Combine that with a FPS 20-30 drop + mega stutter [reset, deleted ini, validated = no luck], and a new veeery noisy changed to cloak mechanic [as well as other sounds got louder and different depths] - makes my day bad...
    • Up x 2
  9. BloodyPuma

• Up x 1
  10. Tenebrae Aeterna

I haven't gotten my rifle yet, sitting on a little over 600 certs and waiting to get the Parallax. Today, I've played only with the SMG...killing two snowmen, a few individuals who were afk, a few who were not so afk, and saying hello to a friendly Mosquito while I was on a flash...he was repairing as I ripped on by but jumped in when I got close. I don't have a weapon on my flash, so it wasn't like I intended to do anything...was much more concerned with snowmen at the time.

Was nice of him to just fly off.

I did notice things felt...strange, but didn't know why. Looking at all the screen shots people posted and what not, I now understand. It's almost like the development team wanted to give a sort of dream-like effect to the game by implementing distortion effects. Which, granted, might have been a good idea for Christmas...but they should have warned people if that was the case.

It really does have a dream feel when you give it some thought though.
  11. m44v

I haven't done any long range sniping yet, I only picked the SAS-R and I haven't noticed anything wrong except that I can't get rid of my habit of pressing shift every time I scope in.
  12. Tenebrae Aeterna

Baby steps man, baby steps.
  13. Darkelfdruid_LOL

Wtb some pics cmon ; (
  14. Tenebrae Aeterna

...pervert.
    • Up x 1
  15. Morcini

I managed to try out 5 minutes yesterday on the Vr Training GRounds, before the servers went down again and there was no difference- seems it's the lag when shooting at real targets
  16. BloodyPuma

So, played for few hours.

1. They changed the FOV for every infantry weapons. Thats why the feel is different. You are more backward [camera]. While scoped using x12 you can clearly see that enemies are a little bit smaller then they used to be. Noticable on 200-300 range.

2. 150+ meters animation are pure hell. Jerky, ultra fast. Shooting using nervous system - works. Shooting using eye - not. There is some bug here guys.

3. Ability to OHK - godlike :)

4. Shooting blanks - happens from time to time.

5. On purpouse i stood still 100 meters away from enemy. I did survive headshot... Happens rarely but happens.
    • Up x 1
  17. VVereVVulf

18. Mustarde

This is why the weapons feel off to me.

I'm so ******* mad right now...

ok, breathing. Just pick up SMG... wait for SOE to fix this ****
  19. Get2dachoppa

Oh ****. I'm not sure which is worse, you sniping or with the SMG. I'd rather not find out, SOE FIX NAO!
  20. ZephyrBurst

In response to Mustarde's video:
    For the long range bolt actions, I feel the scope change is okay and keeps the weapon from performing too well outside of its intended range. We shouldn't have both super close and long range viability with a single weapon. We also have the sidearm for those close range engagements.

I disagree that it makes close range engagements with the BAs impossible, it's just more difficult. (Specifically for those of us that are so used to the old way scoping in worked.) I do think it should have been documented though. (Unless it was and the wording was weird.)