The Fall of Planetside 2

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by OldMaster80, Feb 8, 2015.

1. OldMaster80

Hi,

long time SOE customer here, I've played EQ, PS1, PotBS and other games for years. I also survived the SWG disaster but PS2 has always been my favourite.

Seriously guys: what the hell is going on here? To say it briefly: the quality of this game has sharply dropped low beyond any immagination. I've always considered SOE as a major game producer but honestly the quality I'm perceiving is much lower than what one could expect from a big company. Current situation just doesn't feel professional

Just to mention a few things:
    - Still high ping spikes. A few minutes ago on Miller my ping bounced to 15000.
    - Game crash every 30-40 minutes again, after 2,5 years.
    - Servers locked continuously.
    - Total lack of communication from the team: lack of any roadmap or information about what's going on, future visions, big updates. The only coming things are new weapons and a jetpack that was already there during beta.
    - After 2,5 years still not a single feature barely close to a form a metagame.
    - Still nothing giving PS2 a little bit of tactical depth.
    - Tons of hours of development wasted implementing half features that have never been completed (flamethrowers, domeshields, interlink facilities, drones, missions, resources system, battle islands, warpgate zoning, biolab changes...). It looks like you love to waste time creating things that get mothballed before to make it to live server.
    - Still devs messing up with weapons / vehicles that have been changed multiple times. Now you're going to re-buff the same tanks that you nerfed months ago. It makes me wonder if you have a clear idea of where you want this game to go.
    - You justified nerfs and changes by saying players do not like to instakilled without understanding how did they die (remember when you re-done most of bases to prevent vehicles swarming?), but now you buff tanks so much that they become infantry-grinder. Not only: you also removed vehicles cooldown and accelerated resources regeneration, which boosted the vehicle spam. This is complete nonsense.
    - While you waste time with vehicles that could wait for a second pass, the only vehicle you added last year is still pure crap.
    - Nothing done to mitigate effects of force multipliers like overpopulation.

And I bet when you sit at the SOE (pardon, DGC) management board you wonder why PS2 is not as profitable as you expected and maybe you conclude it's because it's not similar enough to bestsellers like Call of Duty or Battlefield. Like when you decided the reason why SWG was losing customers was because it's wasn't like World of Warcraft.

As a long time customer I give you one suggestion: once PS4 version is out pick up one important feature, one big thing that matters, and implement it completely. Then once and for all decide where you want this game to go.
    • Up x 29
  2. StellarHAZE

Agreed.
    • Up x 2
  3. htmlboss

My words exactly (But without all the cursing).
  4. OldMaster80

I don't curse them but for the sake of this game things have to change. We need communication and we need them to finish things that have been remaining incomplete for too much.
    • Up x 1
  5. DRGoodfellow

They don't care anymore

I'm sick of finding great games that get ruined by greed

They have made their money and PS4 version players will get priority now

Ever since the maint on the 3rd its like they keep downgrading the EU servers
  6. Irathi

Redeployside is hands down the worst part about this game. Force people to actually plan where to go next knowing that they have to dedicate them selves to the fight or spend time getting to a new fight. That allows for tactical manouvers and for you to outsmart the enemy empire / work your way around the zerg.

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  7. OldMaster80

Yeah that's not even worth being mentioned because I've spent tons of words on that.
    Being able to redeploy is ok, and same goes for instant action. But current redeploy rules are pure idiocy.

One must be blind or totally stupid not to see how much this hurts the game. And the worst part us you can't play without redeploying all day: if your enemies redeploy then you must do the same otherwise at the end of the day you just lose your battles.
    • Up x 1
  8. MajiinBuu

I don't care what happens, I'll follow Planetside 2 until the very end!
  9. Zoobe

Most of us here still will follow to the very end. It is not like there is anywhere for us to go for MMOFPS wise and from what I see of this community, we all love this game and will support it as much as possible, come what may. It is unique, appealing to olderschool FPS vets, and newcomers alike.

We do care what happens, it has huge long term potential and a supportive community to build that upon. I guess that is where so much frustration arises, as there is simply no real reason for it to fail.
  10. Ripfield

Except for consequence.
  11. JonboyX

Good post in that it accurately conveys what many think, but really... no amount of posting here is going to get extra investment in this game. It's at the 80% they aimed for, and now it needs to put out to pasture. With occasional milking.

I'd be satisfied with making the servers as resilient (ping and latency wise) as they can, then just leaving it. Nothing I've seen added in the last 12-18 months has improved the game, so just spend that money on the servers... please.
    • Up x 2
  12. dreamcast87

I feel your frustration OP. I still like PS2 but am gonna be taking a long break from it. Performance as of late is to put it lightly BAD. There are plenty of other stable games for me to play that wont frustrate me. I'll check back months from now to see how things are going. Good luck DGC (the company name is stupid buy the way couldn't SOE think of something better?)
  13. OldMaster80

I will as well. After all I still enjoy the game but it really drives me mad to see how much time and resources have been wasted. Youtube is full of videos showing Planetside 2's features that were basically ready to be released and they suddenly... disappeared? o_O This is crazy.
    And many of the things that we've being discussing for years are likely never to happen. Our future is likely to be like our present: no new vehicles, no new continents, no metagame, no depth, no tactics. Since the team does not communicate their plans we are free to speculate and we have to be realistic: if the PS4 version fails we're likely to be playing the final version of this game.

For instance seeing that after 2,5 years still it's not possible to teleport to another continent passing the warpgate is really frustrating.
  14. BarkaThaGreat

and don't forget to add that those who have SLI are getting neglected. picked up a 2nd 970 and it's no different than when i was playing PS2 with just one of them performance wise!
  15. BlackDove

And ill occasionally log in and play but ive given up on it. Lol

The OP is exactly right about everything.
  16. KoRneY

Game is completely unplayable for me. Ping spikes from 50ms to 2000ms. Playing from the US East coast, both Connery and Emerald are broken for me.

I'm assuming this is what it feels like on Miller... if so, I feel for you guys.

The spikes are so bad I start having a hard time believing anything I'm seeing. Every day this week I've logged in hoping for something better, but it's just the same.

Computing statistics for 275 seconds...
    Source to Here This Node/Link
    Hop RTT Lost/Sent = Pct Lost/Sent = Pct

1 23ms 1/ 100 = 1% 1/ 100 = 1% cpe-098-024-096-001.carolina.res.rr.com [98.24.96.1]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    2 25ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% cpe-024-074-252-145.carolina.res.rr.com [24.74.252.145]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    3 19ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 24.93.70.32
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    4 29ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% be32.chrcnctr01r.southeast.rr.com [24.93.64.202]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    5 31ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% bu-ether35.asbnva1611w-bcr00.tbone.rr.com [107.14.19.42]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    6 36ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% bu-ether22.vinnva0510w-bcr00.tbone.rr.com [107.14.17.179]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    7 30ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 0.ae1.pr0.dca20.tbone.rr.com [66.109.6.167]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    8 35ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ge-7-1-6.pr0.chi10.tbone.rr.com [66.109.9.74]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    9 --- 100/ 100 =100% 100/ 100 =100% ae-0-11.bar1.LasVegas1.Level3.net [4.69.148.125]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    10 83ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% SWITCH-COMM.bar1.LasVegas1.Level3.net [205.129.16.50]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    11 81ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% lp.soe.com [64.37.171.24]

I've had the roughly the same results for about three days now. 100% packet loss @ ae-0-11.bar1.LasVegas1.Level3.net [4.69.148.125] ? I'm no genius but that doesn't seem at all good.
  17. Pootisman

I agree with everything, especially the lag. I stopped playing a week ago because of the constant lag.

The redeploy mechanic itself is fine, the problem is that it has no restrictions. You can redeploy entire platoons in no time to any base that is in danger.
  18. lee in jae

excuse me why not conneting in server now alreday done ??
    error g99 is what do you mean ??
    also not server connetcted why???????????????????
    i have a delete one times but also same ㅠㅠ
  19. OldMaster80

Because it's down. Again.
  20. MajiinBuu

I play at roughly 20 fps, I laugh at your "problems."