The end is nigh - Higby tweets Scattmax & shotgun 'balance' coming in GU06.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by IntergalacticYoghurt, Mar 28, 2013.

1. IntergalacticYoghurt

Scattmax I can handle.

But shotgun?
    ..All shotguns?

Oh well. I trust them to do what's best for the game. They have data we could only dream of.

As long as the pump OHK's.. Right?
    • Up x 2
  2. Ash87

So... Are we going to test this on something?

Like a server designed for testing?
    • Up x 13
  3. Badname3073

:eek:

EDIT: Found an interesting game, called "The Secret World". Anyone here plays it? I wonder what would be a good pistol/blood deck.
  4. Compass

Look out for the doom and gloom commentary!

[IMG]
  5. Xind

I wonder if this means teh Jackhammer will become the king of shotguns, our two Semi-autos won't just have a clear victor, and the Full Auto will get...something? I never really felt like Shotguns were OP until the Pump Action, and if they remove it's OHK, it'll become an inferior Semi-auto...and we already have one of those. So I'm pretty curious.

It's about ******* time they nerfed Scattermaxs, though, wow, so long and those things have been ruining fights since I started the game.
  6. Dave Mercer

this is why you dont buy guns in this game. The game caters to much to the forums.....just stick with the default weapons, they work fine anyway
    • Up x 2
  7. Torok

wtb flamethrower/grenadelauncher max :D

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 5
  8. Zotamedu

Well it's about time they did something about it. They are a bit too powerful at close range. It's pretty darn annoying standing behind a guy, shooting him in the back only to have him turn around and kill me instantly. Sure shotguns should be good in CQC but there's too much CQC for then to be this good. Almost all objectives are CQC since they are inside buildings. Guess the easiest fix would be to just double all health and increase the ammo pool slightly. Longer TTK is good.
    • Up x 2
  9. Matlock0

IMO the only reasonable way to nerf the pump shotties is to just decrease their rate of fire. This would keep their unique trait (OHK) while nerfing their capability to roflstomp over a bunch of people. I think they should nerf the ROF of autoshotties slightly, and do a bit bigger nerf on the ROF of pump shotties. This would still keep shotguns viable, but would allow automatic rifles to be more viable up close.
    • Up x 2
  10. Sgarv

It's more of a question of HOW they're going to nerf it

For all we know SOE'll make 'em useless
  11. MurderBunneh

Decrease rof increase spread increase reload time.

Make Jackhammer a OHK with a 3 round burst.:cool:
    • Up x 1
  12. GhostAvatar

If the game caters to the forums, why wasn't scatmaxs nerfed pre-Christmas?

Who said anything about nerfing it? Only thing I have seen posted about is a balance pass. For all we know, in Higby's mind a balance to the scatmax could mean a buff to scatmaxs at longer ranges (especially if the Phoenix is anything to go on).
    • Up x 3
  13. Xind

I'm not sure I agree with an Autoshotgun nerf at all.
    But pump action refire seems pretty reasonable. Just sub semi-auto?
  14. Pengalor

Problem is, knowing SOE, it's going to be an overnerf no matter what they do. I would be fine with a very slight reduction to the ROF of the pump-actions but I fairly positive that shotguns will be next to useless once SOE is done with them.
    • Up x 1
  15. Aisar

Anyone have source?
    • Up x 1
  16. MurderBunneh

I love it all want Scats nerfed but would like to keep the noob cannons intact. Pump action refire is not reasonable in any sense of the word.
  17. RomulusX

Now if only that bottom one was a.......GRAPPLING HOOK...FOR A MAX! :eek:
  18. Xind

What are you talking about? I was suggesting a nerf to Pump actions?
  19. MurderBunneh

O:confused: Well auto's need a nerf too.:eek:
  20. Assist

because at the time the Magrider was the biggest whinefest on the forums. Which got nerfed, and then with this latest GU finally brought back to what it was pre-nerf. It's almost like... the forum criers were wrong!

Just like it's wrong to balance the shotguns/NC max, unless they plan to raise the TTK of every weapon. There is no middleground available for the shotguns.