The day I quit Planetside 1 and why it's applicable today.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OSruinedPS1, Aug 13, 2022.

1. OSruinedPS1

There was a slightly uneven fight at a base with numbers not in our favor, a moderate-light pop fight, and typically that type of fight would last about 30 minutes before a base fell with numbers like this and our side would fall back. And typically with light popped fights the enemy would start attacking through the back door, instead of bothering trying to take the tower first.

So I went to the next fall back base we would probably be at in 30 minutes. I spent 15 minutes setting up a defense at the back door. I setup a position by the back door behind a tree where I would be at, then in line of sight from my position everywhere the enemy would theoretically take cover behind another tree facing that position I placed a mine; 15 of them. And everywhere within line of sight of my position I placed 15 spitfire turrets. So, in my position, behind a tree, right next to the back door I was guarding, any time an enemy took cover from my fire and my spitfires they'd step on a mine, and any time an enemy would break cover to fire at my position there would be 5+ spitfire turrets firing at them and me.

And I littered the area with detectors.

I could make a noise and delay them long enough from other players on my team to go, "wuh, wuh, wuh's going on? Something going on at back door, we should check it out."

Or I could just spend the next 15 minutes wasting my time.

Anyways, I finish setting up, and what is that I hear? A deliverer? Yup. It stops exactly where I would expect it to stop at, and a squad of 5 dudes hop off. I take cover behind the tree by the back door and start firing at them. I land a couple shots, and they take cover behind a tree.

BOOM! A mine goes off. lol.

They start shooting at me, and me and my 15 spitfires shoot back.

BOOM! Another mine goes off, then another, and another. From the sounds I could tell a couple of them are moving to flank me from the north, so I desperately try to make them take cover and slow them down. If I get flanked I'm screwed.

BOOM! A mine goes off. Excellent. I've been delaying them for about 90 seconds now, no kills which isn't what I expected in a fight 5:1, but the goal was to delay. Hopefully I get some help from my team any minute now.

Then someone from the enemy team opens up their map and pushes a button and EMP's the entire area, instantly destroying every deployable within 1000 feet radius. That's when I logged off and unsubscribed.

I'm like, "Jesus H Christ, can't the game let me be even a little creative?" Why does every engagement have to be exactly the same as another. It's these stupid Commander tools they grinded for, they feel entitled to win because "Hey I grinded for my OS."

"Hey, I grinded for this bastion, I deserve to win. You can grind for a bastion too. You can have a bastion, you can have a bastion, everyone gets a bastion." Lame.
  2. TR5L4Y3R

difference between bastion and OS ... the first one can only be deployed one at a time and can be destroyed ... the later not and hopefully gets nerfed in availability with the upcomming changes for autumn/winter ..
  3. Johannes Kaiser

How the heck did you even get 15 Spitfires out at the same time? I'm not an Engi main, so maybe I'm misinformed, but aren't they capped?
  4. Demigan

He's reciting the moment he quit PS1, then in the last paragraph he talks about the Bastion being similar to how it ruins PS2.
    • Up x 1
  5. Johannes Kaiser

Well, that explains some things. Guess that's on me for reading before breakfast :D
  6. JibbaJabba

backing away and looking at the big picture: You became vested in a playstyle and something came along that negated it.
  7. OSruinedPS1

There is only one playstyle in PS1/PS2: Zerging. Are you satisfied with this situation? Do you not get bored of this?
  8. Mechwolf

Well actually... that IS fair to do... you didn't have to grind for all of that, he did, and you're 1v5... dude, you should have been satisfied that he had to waste his 1 day grind on a single player, that's still a win in my book.

Honestly you've brought up a better point, and that's how the ability to fight zergs was easier to do in Planetside 1 than Planetside 2.
  9. Mechwolf

The bastion's mauler cannon is very strong, but it takes 2 days and 60 Polystellarite to create. Understandably on a higher population server they're more common, but they're also pretty easy to take out when you airball them with a platoon, they only have so many guns, and there's not a lot of counters to mosquito swarms.

I know the Dervish on Playstation is utter trash, but from my understanding, Playstation and PC are very different, and the Dervish might be much more viable on PC, probably due to uncapped turret/turning speeds.