The Crown - Post GU09

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EvilKoala, May 24, 2013.

1. EvilKoala

Just wondering what are the thoughts of the community on the new layout?

Personally, I think its completely indefensible now. Judging from last night.. Scarred Mesa Drydock is the new Crown on Indar. So now instead of having the most defensible territory in the middle of the map to fight over, its right in the middle of the territory of whoever owns the south-west warp gate.
  2. Craeshen

Meh moving 1 point onto a bridge and the maybe keep 1 of the jump pads would've been enough of a change.
  3. Lord Robert

This is like the 100th change to the Crown. Every time it gets less and less defensible. Not surprised. Defensible bases are apparently not part of the game plan anymore. Just a mistake left over from beta
    • Up x 9
  4. Nariquo

you didnt saw friday night ops today or?
    the base on esamir will become REAL FORTRESSES :)
    10 meter walls, NO tanks in the base, and a big shield bubble on the top so planes cant farm infantry :)
  5. soeguud

TI alloys was always where the fight was.
    • Up x 1
  6. Lord Robert

So a biolab then?
    • Up x 1
  7. Nogrim313

it's the fact bases start flipping as soon as you have 2/3 points

with the old system it would have been fine, now that you just need the two bridges to get the cap (it just takes longer) its a pretty indefensible spot with no real value in the big picture other than some AA turrets
    • Up x 2
  8. VSDerp

well on FNO esamir bases we saw look pretty defensible and more fun. and they also said after they do amerish with the same treatment. they are going back to indar to make bases more defensible as well.
  9. Xhaleon

The Ascent is the direct successor to the Crown now. Too bad its on Amerish.
  10. Meeka

I don't fight at the crown much, but I like most of the changes, but they moved the other two points wayyyyy too far away. They should have kept the capture points where they were, but added two jump points instead of just one... one on each side.
    • Up x 2
  11. Foehunter

They shouldn't have made The Crown less defensible. They should have made all the other bases more defensible. Anyway, if they're making all the bases more defensible eventually, that would be good. Shield bubbles around bases sound good, but they need to be tied to an objective that can be disabled.
    • Up x 3
  12. 41488

It would be okay for The Crown to become less defensible if it was worth more. Maybe being the only lattice link between the south and the north, so that it would be a constant battle over there, with only two other lattice links connecting the continent.
  13. Chubzdoomer

I really dislike the position of the C control point. It's awkwardly positioned on a bridge that's on the backside of the base, meaning the guys up at the tower can't even adequately defend it and have to take the long, long way around through B (aka over the bridge below the tower, is) just to reach it. I'm assuming it's still a work in progress, as right now it just doesn't feel very good.
    • Up x 2
  14. buckthesystem

yeah new points are too far away to be defensible. Do not like.
    • Up x 2
  15. DuckSauce

I love the Crown changes personally. And I like the C control point -- it's very easy to surprise them (and their Sunderers) with Drifter Jets.

It also makes the battles feel more dynamic. The defenders have to push down the hill now, instead of turtling at the top (and they still have an advantage, doing that). And the attackers have an incentive to do something besides half-assedly shell the tower from Crossroads, i.e. taking B and C.
    • Up x 1
  16. woooow

The pain field that remains in an empty building where the spawn used to be is kind of silly.
  17. SgtScum

Scared mesa is actually closer to the southeast warpgate and has a long arse easily defended double length bridge you have to cross to get to it from the southwest side.

I will admit that its pretty defensible though if you can get there firstest with the mostest.
  18. Eaderout

Now if those shields were powered by generators and when those are taken out they go down.... hell yeah makes sense to me.
    • Up x 2
  19. Zan_Aus

The C point is ludicrous, its half way to Zurvan, you could just about make it a separate base.
  20. ArcKnight

are serious ?