The Critical Situation of the Vanu on Miller

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Linus, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Linus

Miller has been a long time under the domination of the TR but we have noticed that the NC faction has woke up since many months and are now very important on this server.
    From spectators, they have raised, grew up in numbers, and they finally became an important actor.

What about the Vanu?
    We still be the less numerous faction on this server but we were motivated and we worked well all together.

However, since some months the skill level of this faction has dramatically decreased and most of our fighters are now disorganised and they do not even bother to follow the advices of the squad leaders anymore.

It is the chaos.

We have very few good and active outfits, almost no new ones, furthermore I mostly see low BR guys running all around without purposes and battle awareness.

As Vanu, the game has become boring and almost unplayable.

I am appalled by the total lack of common sense of the Vanu on this server.
    Even when they zerg they seem to have no tactical intelligence and they do not react to the threats.
    They do not support each others, they never provide a proper anti air cover and they do not move away from the biolabs when they hold one.

I have seen many Vanu veterants leaving this server during in the last months and most of them underlined the same points as above.

Since I have depicted the very bad situation, I am wondering now if some other Vanu players have the same feeling and I would like to hear their opinions and finally I would like to know if some other players would like to act so to change this situation.
    If it continues like that, the Vanu warpgates will be soon ghost areas.
  2. GaBeRock

Mattherson TR feels for you.
    Or we would, if you weren't FILTHY SPANDEX WEARING HERETICS!
    JK, good luck in getting even pops.
    • Up x 5
  3. Surt

@Linus: Yes i got the same feeling. Vanu on Miller are weak currently.

Maybe we got not enough Public Platoons who take the randoms on the hand.
  4. WetPatch

Ceres is in a no better situation.

Wish they would mix up the alerts a bit, Bio Lab alert same time everyday and trying to attack a NC owned Bio Lab is completely futile.
  5. UberBonisseur

How alerts go on Miller:

1. Indar is clogged with people and frontlines are frozen, we decide to move to Esamir/Amerish
    2. We find a empty AMP/Bio/Tech and get the platoon there
    3. We hold for a bit with even pops
    4. Suddenly a whole platoon redeploys and roflstomps with numerical advantage
    5. We try elsewhere, back to point 2
    6. We go back to Indar because the overpop of the two over factions is blatant
    Basically, any good TR/NC outfit will just toss platoons at us once in a while, completely crushing our attempts. It's pointless to sustain the fight because in the end, even if we have 33/33/33 pops on Indar, the other two continents are a complete waste of time.

Thus, the VS zerg never leaves Indar.
    We just stopped caring because every good coordinated attempt from the decent VS outfits will be crushed by the decent TR/NC outfits.
  6. WetPatch

Which is why once Continent Locking goes live Vanu will get Indar.
  7. SharpeShooter

I for one do not like the fact TR/NC are overpopulated, I help run BRTD one of the largest TR outfits on Miller and I can assure you we want a good fight as much as you!

I hope for the day where TR/NC and VS are at 33/33/33
  8. PlatoonLeaderG

Dam this is how Mattherson TR are,many have given up on alerts that give the win to VS...
  9. Ryme

I think the game could use an official 4th faction, the NS Mercs.

Pro: You have access to most empire specific gear of all factions.
    Con: You are automatically posted in the faction with the lowest pop, every time you log in.

Lore rational? As war profiteers, it is in Nanite System's best interest to keep the war going as long as possible. Thus they now rent out troops to shore up the numbers of any under-staffed army, ensuring that conflicts are drawn out that much longer.
    • Up x 2
  10. NoctD

Waterson Vanu know this feeling - its almost totally similar to the situation on Miller. Maybe a bit more teamwork, but the average skill level has been diluted over time. The NC have grown strong and made a real comeback.
  11. Paragon Exile

Mattherson VS most certainly never has this problem! :3

If you want, make a guy on Mattherson either with us, or against us, and go wild. I hope things pick up on your server, I also dislike having lopsided factions (Like TR on Mattherson)
  12. dstock

I'd do it in a heartbeat. All the toys, and the most people to use them against? Can I signup twice?!
  13. Michel

Cobalt also needs some Vanus. Not a whole lot (it was only 24/35/39 today, but we are between 26% and 29% mostly), but at least some that play on Amerish or Esamir. Pretty hard to find a good fight there with only ~20% contpop.
  14. IamDH

Take some from Woodman, no one will miss them :)
    • Up x 1
  15. Ryme

Exactly. An attractive feature that functions as an automatic population balance mechanism.

Of course there would need to be some differentiating conditions to still make Faction specific dedication appealing, like the inability to join empire specific outfits.

They may also need to restrict access to empire specific vehicle models, to prevent confusion ingame. This would also mean that the devs would have to create ESF, MBT, MAX, and infantry models for the NS faction. The identifying color scheme would just change as they move between the factions.

For the sake of clarify, the allegiance identification segments in the color scheme would need to comprise of the majority of an NS unit's coloration. This would mean that actual camo would have a minimal effect on their appearance, and would be another downside of the faction.
  16. Linus

More than just a complaint about the lower number of the Vanu, it is more about this faction being less and less effective and more and more disorganized (on my server).
    But I am reassured that I am not the only one to feel this poor situation.
  17. Tar

Soon: 50% of all players are Mercs. Problem worse than ever and no coming back.

Also there is just one MercenaryS band on Miller, a.k.a the blue zebras :cool:
  18. Scikar

There's definitely a lack of organisation. I've mentioned it before but as I don't have the time to do any leadership myself it's not really fair to complain about it. I have seen people use orders chat to just abuse the zerg for being in the wrong place instead of directing them though which definitely doesn't help.
  19. Line

I find the vs on miller pretty good and they just won the alert and held pretty much the same territory the whole alert. the only thing I see with them is sometimes they feel they can cap a base from the air without any feet on the ground. This is a shame because they are all v good infantry players but I find that they are too slow to switch when needs be .
  20. Wecomeinpeace

I agree, it can be really darn frustrating to play vanu on miller. At its worst, people show zero situational awareness and nobody ever flanks. Especially if you happen to hop on either esamir or amerish it's only newbs or loonies as company. On the plus side you can some nice xp boost and often equally disorientated enemies. Or a squad...then it's time to troll them for a littlebit and then spawn elsewhere (indar). Oh VS, papa vanu is rotating in his space coffin.

This game so desperately needs intercontinental warfare, turning three seperated maps into one connected campaign.
    Maybe even implement additonal stuff like PS1s switching timer or higher xp bonus. Because if this continues it will sure as hell look horrible for any new player ("primetime and only one continent has a somewhat fair population? Nah thanks i'll pass for something balanced").
    This is after all a FPS where imbalanced teams are poison, and the Planetside catchphrase "you have to bring the numbers" only works if you theoretically have the numbers willing to come. Beyond that it becomes pointless, for everyone involved.