"The Control Console Has Been Taken!"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Degenatron, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Degenatron

This is not a "i hate it!" post. Actually, I like the new VO for control point status changes. However, I do have a couple of critiques of it.

First, the sentence used for the thread title: "The Control Console has been taken!" By whom? This statement is far too ambiguous. Please modify it to specifically state who have taken the Control Console.

Second, all of the call outs need to be specific about which control point is being contested for multi-point bases. Please tell us "The Alpha Control Point has been taken by the enemy!", "We've secured the Beta Control Point!" to better direct players without them having to spin looking for the contested point.

These changes would make the new VO call outs far more useful.
    • Up x 5
  2. Codex561

OR
    Just remove them.
    • Up x 3
  3. Zotamedu

It's a great aid for all the blind players who cannot see the UI.
    • Up x 1
  4. uhlan

This is SOE and the devs adding "immersion" to PS2....
    • Up x 1
  5. come1l

UPGRADE NOW FOR MOAR DETAILED VO
    • Up x 2
  6. Quikloc007

I don't think its that bad. Just give it a little time and before you know it, you'll be tuning it out.
  7. KnightCole

No, just remove these things.

My god they are so goddamn annoying after like 5 minutes. I swear, 5 friggin minutes of this and I was like OMFG **** NAO

I hate redundancy and repetitive ********.....this is like 103.3 KFR on the radio playing 1direction, timber and gunna stay the night 1 right after another...I cant friggin stand it....just no...TAKE THESE VO AWAY!!!!
    • Up x 3
  8. Jeltz

Should be autosucide for anyone anywhere within hearing distance of it.....
  9. RIctavius

It should be the frequency and when to set then. For Single point bases its fine. "We've taken the control Console." - "The Enemy have taken the control console."

For multi-base its should be after all the points have been taken - "All base consoles have been secured" - subsequently when loosing one or more (just one VO announcement) "We're loosing control of the base!"

Right now the frustration it sounds dump and annoying to here it all the time from the announcer based on the programming of flipping the point. It needs to be streamlined and organized not to be come an annoyance, but good immersion (like losing the hex fight announcement)
  10. BengalTiger

A simple beep would be just fine.

Anyways, let's speculate what's next.
    Here are my guesses:
    "Your airplane is being tracked by a ground based missile launcher";
    "You have traveled to a different region, from XXX to YYY";
    "An enemy tank has been detected, it is marked on the mini-map".
  11. JudgeDeath

Sometimes less information can be more. Too much spamming of a certain vague statement just causes people to start automaticly ignoring it.
    • Up x 1
  12. KnightCole

Hostile Tank spotted! Look up, Enemy Aircraft!

Cover, hostile Infiltrator spotted.
    Your being shot, fire back!
    You should heal, you have no health left
    reload, your weapon is nearly out of bullets

And soon we will be able to call this game........Voiceoverside2.
  13. IamnotAmazing

I'd like to see them call out the letter of the point that's being caped
  14. Cyrek

...I like my commanding officers callouts...
    /tinfoilhat
  15. foesjoe

I'd like an option to disable all the voice callouts SOE have added over the last couple of months.