The C4 Problem.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Jun 29, 2014.

1. DatVanuMan

Well, not only to I disagree with EVERYTHING you just stated (Mainly since C4 CAN NOT insta-ruin all vehicles with one brick), but I think C4 should be buffed. The radius on the thing SUCKS, which is why you can do two things: Increase damage and reduce radius, or vice versa. It's pretty damn expensive, too, and if you do get ruined by a LA carrying C4, it's your fault for staying in that one spot and not trying to shoot her/him down:/
  2. patricio_z

I'm willing to bet that average improvement in K/D when riding a tank is a really good indication of weapon effectiveness, don't you?

Also, I'm curious to know what balance means to you in a FPS context like PS2
  3. Shatters

Snipers must be really strong then. Better nerf them noaw!
    No, K/D is a useless stat in planetside2. The ease of respawning and reviving combined with the current style of the weapons usually means that the longer your engagement range is, the better your KD will be and the lower your KPM will be. The actual contribution to the fight will be lower the further away you get from the fight.

The only thing KD says in planetside is risk vs reward. The higher the risk, the lower your KD, yet the higher your score/hour will be.

I can probably write a book about that, but i quess:
    Equal effectivity of air, vehicles and infantry in order to capture a base, with all 3 having different strong and weak points. A should be the best counter to A (so infantry would be the best counter to infantry), but A should still be able to deal with B and C, just slightly less effecient.
    • Up x 1
  4. Champagon

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!

The problem is C4 fairies, bingo /thread everybody go freaking home. Get rid of C4 fairies and guess what, C4 now becomes risk versus reward. Thus making it balanced, i wonder how many people would be delighted to hear this change if it occurs. My guess is LOTS. Only cert farmers would be angry, and as it turns out they are the loudest on these forums
    • Up x 3
  5. Scr1nRusher

so.....you ummm totally ignored all the posts before you on the 16ish pages? 0_o
  6. patricio_z

So your saying that a tanker spamming a heavily defended tower 300mts away and having 10/1 k/d is scoring low spm? Is risk/reward ok there?
    See? Thats why you dont have "nerf snipers" threads popping every day, its because they are actually balanced.
    Even as lucrative spm wise as tanks are, still tankers have the nerve of asking for c4 nerfs...
    And last, WE ARE ALL INFANTRY, you ditch your tank and guess what your just like me, another grunt, there is no "armor" or "air" in PS2, there are only tools to kill other infantry and thats really it.
  7. Divinorium

Yes the bases should favor the defenders. And at some extend it always favored the defender.

Favor, don't give insta win.

Why i say that? Because right now the defender ALLOW the attackers to camp the respawn point and site inside the same while complaining that SOE suck at base design.

If you are being respawn camoped it's your fault. The enemy outplayed you, brough more more players, have more liberators, positioned the tanks, etc etc etc.

Think this way if you are being respawn camped, if it was a sunderer it would have gone a LONG time ago.

"But the respawn point have few exits!"

The sunderer, the respawn point of the attackers, have ONE.

"But they have multiple sunderers!"

What is stopping you from pulling a sunderer, in a base close, and putting deploying it?

The defensive mechanics of the bases could improve. But saying that bases favor the attackers. That's the biggest lie i've seen. Or the biggest ignorance.

If the respawn point is being camped use your head, bring a sunderer from another base, respawn there kill the enemy sunderer, then kill the enemies.

If the enemies don't allow you to do that them you are being outplayed.

If SOE did what the crybabies in this forum wanted with base design with it being MORE defensive no base ever would be captured.

Right now most of the bases only fall when the attackers have 60% of pop in the hex, imagine if SOE did what you wanted.
  8. Scr1nRusher

this thread has went well so far.
  9. patricio_z

Spawn points have 2 big and easily exploitable disadvantages
    1.They are fixed, the attacker always know where the defender is coming from
    2. They can be easily supressed with few armor and air or even infantry

Spawn points should coomand the adjacent space, they should provide total superiority to its near proxlmty, to offset its fixed location and to provide a safe staging area for acounter atttack...how many people do you need to efectively close down 4 doors? not many, once the attacker has those 4 exists covered, then even with even pops isreally difficult to succesfully break out of the spawn
  10. Scr1nRusher

people have to factor in implants now involving with C4.

thats something people don't pay attention about.
  11. Divinorium

1. Like it's hard to follow the stream of infantry. In fact when i enter a base i KNOW where the enemy sunderer are. How? every base have 2~4 "safe" places for sunderer. I don't need to be a genius to know where the enemy sunderer is.

2. Wrong. Even when being "supressed" if you have the numbers to do so you can leave the respawn room and run to the nearest building. Or even better pull AA/rocket and shoot back. Even if you die a couple of times you will eventually make the enemy air/tank move.
    If you have numbers to do so you will easily break the "suppression".

I'm not entering in a argument with you. I assume you don't play the game, or when you do you don't eve open the map.

Maybe if you stopped farming in these situation and tried to actually make something useful you would know that.

But i'm sure you don't like die a couple of times to stop the spaw camping.
  12. Shatters

Again, KD is an useless stat when talking balance. How long is it going to take you to realise that? You seem to be under the impression that KD is some sort of "reward". Newsflash, it isnt. This is a MMOFPS where everything you do evolves around getting certs. Shelling a base from 300m away might give you a nice KD, but your score/hour will be awfull.

Also, when shelling infantry from ~300m away, i would say risk vs reward is fine. You dont get hit by anything (besides air) and you kill pretty much nothing unless you happen to get very lucky. Untill you piss of that player that will pull a LA+esf, or just when a flanking tank/lib comes around. Hell even rocketpods will deal with a prowler in lockdown pretty quickly.

I mean, i can get ~25k score/hour with my longshot sniping people from 200m away. Other snipers are usually no threat to me because of my positioning. It doesnt make snipers OP tough,
  13. NC supporter

Much whine on this thread but again, SOE doesn't care. C4 is hardly an issue right now considering that hossin needs tweaking and so does continental locking along with working on the new resource system. Their resources are on those and this is a tiny issue compared to other things. I personally think that one c4 to the back of a tank should outright kill it considering the shrapnel and force of the blast. But it doesn't matter since SOE doesn't really care.
  14. Jbrain

I agree with you OP. C4 right now is so over powered it single handedly destroys max crashes, sundy pushes, you name it.. all it takes is a c4 fairy and its doom for whatever they hit..

My proposal...Make c4 have an activation time.. right now people just fly around drop it and suicide detonate. I have been saying this and saying this and saying this and I am still to this day shocked at how long this ridiculous c4 has been allowed to remain.

Make the c4 have a 4-5 second activation time to where its place... it cant just be dropped it has to be placed and then 4 to 5 seconds arm time.. This will make planning necessary for its use and it will limit to how many sky4's we have floating around dropping it on everything from point A to point C.

Out of all of the things that need worked on in this game id say c4 is the most over all game breaking.. especially in small skirmishes when you just got 1 sundy. even with people guarding the sundy the effort it takes to destroy it is none existent. Then you have sundy hunters where squad jumps in mosquitos/scythe/reavers marks all the sundies in an offensive area.. then gal drop above c4 it and then move to next sunday and wipe out the spawn logistics in minutes.

If there wasn't enough rockets in the game I could understand why c4 is the way it is.. but right now c4 is just OP and silly,
    • Up x 2
  15. NC supporter

Lol ignore what I just said and continue to live in imaginary land where money and other problems don't matter when making a project. The community never ceases to amaze me.
  16. Shatters

Why bother replying then? Soe doesnt have enough money so they cant afford letting devs read the forums :eek:.

Btw, please stay away with comments like that. If we wish to discuss the current state of C4 we are free to do so. We can even tell SoE trough this forum we would like to have it changed. If they actually do it is up to them. Not you.
  17. Stargazer86

So a tank shelling a tower from 300m away somehow gets awful SPM? They're perfectly safe, get free kills, get free certs, and the infantry can do nothing to combat them. This is fine to you. And yet, an LA launching himself down from atop a cliff, getting up close and personal with a tank, dropping C4, hoping the tank doesn't spot him, hoping infantry doesn't spot him, and then hoping he has enough time to get some distance and blow the thing, only to receive 1 kill and 1 vehicle destroy... this is somehow not okay?

To me, this sounds like C4 is absolutely and perfectly balanced.
  18. Shatters

Yes, because they aint gonna hit jack from 300m range, and they will still get ***** by air/flanking tanks because they got no support around them. Altough i agree prowler heat/HE can get abit rediculous, there is a reason you dont see many tanks wasting ammo shooting things 300m away, let alone infantry. You aint going to kill anything, maybe get a few kills in 10 minutes. Like, you know, sniping infiltrators. Are snipers OP as well? They are according to your reasoning.

Again, KD/SPH has nothing to do with balance. Leave it out of it, please.
  19. Stargazer86

Alright, how about 200m away? Or 100m away? Or even just 50m away? Infantry still can't do jack about a tank sitting on a hill camping their tower.
  20. Shatters

Lock-ons, AV maxes, aircraft, your own tanks.