The Boogeymen (VS-Emerald)

Discussion in 'Emerald (US East)' started by MisterSlim, Sep 4, 2014.

1. MisterSlim

Hello, let's start with a bit about who I am. I am MisterSlim (HoarFr0st in-game, but please, call me Slim). I'm currently a Programming major in college, and partake in competitive shooting and video editing.I have been attracted to the cloaker class since I began playing last August. I enjoy the psychological damage that can be inflicted with a well-placed Stalker cloak, and the support that can be provided with a few well-placed sniper rounds.

Many of you may ask, "Slim, why are you going on about cloakers?"
    -Well, I am considering starting up a cloaker-oriented outfit (aptly titled "The Boogeymen", but this could be subject to change).

"Oh, that's neat. What will set this outfit apart from others?"
    -This outfit will emphasize on the value of superior positioning, team-based stealth, and for some, the adrenaline of hunting an HA with a crossbow.

"Your BR isn't all that high, why trust you?"
    -Measuring leadership ability with a number is inefficient. I have been an active forum member, a leader of several guilds/alliances in other games, and maintain a high level of activity and attentiveness. Also, there will be a structure of leadership in place, so that squads have clear orders, but are given enough wiggle room to improvise creative ways to carry out those orders.

"What if we don't like playing cloaker all the time?"
    -No need to worry, there won't be some superstrict code of conduct regarding your gear. This outfit should appeal to players who like the idea of a stealthy operations team. If you want to spawn as a HA and mow down a crew of LAs, then no one will stop you. As long as your actions don't directly hinder a stealth operation, you're more than welcome to do as you please, even encouraged to do so.

"What if I don't like you, Slim? You seem kind of.. -insert insult here-"
    -Not everyone will like everyone. Just a fact of society. I will try to be as friendly and fair as I possibly can, but I am human, and will make mistakes. There will be a structure of leadership in place within due time, so that all issues can be resolved quickly and efficiently. And odds are, if I insulted or offended you, I didn't mean to, so shoot me a PM regarding the matter and I will try to work on it!

"What about a website? VoIP? We want to socialize!"
    -A website will be constructed, and a form of VoIP will be established within a short time. If you guys want a site, you'll get a site as fast as humanly possible. The same applies to VoIP.

"You seem super straightforward. What about fun?"
    -Fun is key. If the orders are to cripple a base, and you fail without making much of a dent, but have fun doing it, you have accomplished your mission. We aren't out to pad stats, or shoot up to the top of the leaderboards. We're here because we like sharing our playstyle, and meeting new people to share them with. This outfit isn't about the numbers, it's about the experiences that will happen down the road, and the friends we will make along the way.

"What if I don't like the name of the outfit?"
    -The name is still up for debate. After all, we haven't been created yet!

If you have any comments, questions, or would like to see this outfit happen, please leave a reply in this thread.
    Watch Your Six, Aim for the Eyes
    -MisterSlim
  2. MisterSlim

Judging by the 21 views and 0 replies, I'd say this is sort of a flopped attempt at starting something special.

Anyone care to point out the reason for said flop? Is the recruiting post too eh, unconvincing, or lengthy? Is it just not a good idea in the first place?
    I'd like to make this a success, and any feedback on how to do so is highly appreciated!
    Watch your Six, Aim for the Eyes
    -MisterSlim