The Best Base Design Yet!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ultramarine, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Ultramarine

What are your favorite bases from the new update?
    Personally I think the Octagon is the best thing SOE has ever done.
    I also love the East River Skydock. So much fun to play
  2. TherealScrable

Some sort of city would be still nice. I don't know, maybe a huge fortress with some only intranty entries and some vehicle-entries.
    Would be something new, just like the Octagon.
  3. axiom537

I like Esamir Munitions...

I like the idea of The Octagon, except I think it is very flawed and needs some work, to make it better. Infantry need to be able to exit the base where the vehicle spawn, The inner 30 ft walls, that box in the spawn rooms need removed and it needs a cat walk that is attached to the inside of the 30 foot outer walls.
    • Up x 3
  4. Ultramarine

I thought the serious mobility restrictions just made it Light assault heaven.
    A couple more doors would be ok.
  5. Chowley

I despise the octagon, absolutely awful design, its worse than biolabs.
    I really like Esamir Munitions, maybe its just a gimmick though. Really not much I like about the new Esamir (I am mainly an infantry player).

I suppose when its all less zergy in a few weeks i might have a more positive outlook.
  6. KenDelta

7. Ultramarine

Octagon is infantry only really, and they built it as a freaking citadel. First time I've seen SOE build a military base like a military base. The reason I liked it was that it's actually difficult to take, and will require infantry and air combined with armor support for your spawn sunderers. It forces good tactics onto the attacker.
  8. axiom537

Actually its built more like a prison...
  9. Harbinger

Please give outpost walls catwalks so defenders can actually, you know, defend!
    • Up x 1
  10. TheBillOf3D

Why is the Octagon good but The Crown had to be destroyed?
  11. Alarox

Because a few people couldn't stand that other players were having more fun playing the game at The Crown than they could. Thus, The Crown needed to be destroyed so nobody could enjoy it.
    • Up x 4
  12. Codeak

my personal fav is Torremar salvage yard
  13. Pikachu

I agree with this one. The Octagon feels like a prison, it's boring and it came at the cost of a nice tower base. :( It looks ugly too. I haven't had enough fight (pretty much nothing) on minitions corp yet but it looks so cool so I like it.
  14. Chowley

It is supposed to be infantry only, but some clever TR buggers had gotten marauder harassers in there today :eek: ugh.
  15. Ultramarine

leave it to the TR to stuff vehicles everywhere lol
    Also I totally agree with the catwalk idea
  16. Tar

Esamir Munitions Corp = the best base in PS2

It doesn't need a stupid fence all around yet it has a lot of cover (crates!), it has an actual flow of the battle.
    Fought there for the first time since new Esamir properly; Reminded me of PS1 a lot, which is a good thing! More bases like that! of course ~equal pop helped, but that's another story :)

And no I'm not saying put double towers everywhere. But this is one to draw inspiration from.
  17. hawken is better

I hate Esamir Munitions. The Octagon is kind of okay, but nothing special. I'd like to try out The Rink, but whenever I'm on, TR either doesn't make it that far west, or the place is empty anyway.