The AMMO changes make zero sense

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by datdudejrod, Mar 13, 2013.

1. datdudejrod

The one benefit of playing TR is that they had more ammo, both in clip size and reserve. Now all you did was just give the other factions more ammo and not increase the TR's ammo at all. Thats so stupid you just took away a TR specific thing.......makes a lot of sense. If anything give the medic's more ammo, they run out in no time
    • Up x 3
  2. SirBurning

It never was, all the 75 round lmg's had 300 ammo pool , except for the TMG-50, which has 275 or something. So they did you a favor..
    Clipsize and firerate was the TR's specific thing, ammo pool ,NEVER was.

Don't get all ********, O NOES OUR FACTION LOSES X AND Y.
    You still get 10 rounds more than us. Clipsize is what matters, ammo pool doesnt. If you are shooting me it's completely irrelevant that you have x more rounds in reserve than i do.
    If your zerg faction is any organised at all they have ammo packs around..

If your a medic, you run with a group. Somebody in the group should have ammo. If you don't run with a group, being medic is pointless.
    • Up x 5
  3. JDS999

they gave the jackhammer more rounds which was a good start but only half way thier woulla like to see 15 rounds in ext. mag mabey for gu5. and yeah i guess all the ammo cert incease i invested in was for not.
  4. Chiss

Im not a fan of the change either.
    Ammo used to be a factor in choosing which gun you used (you used to get 5 spare clips).
    Now some guns that used to be decent because of their bigger ammo pool, for prolonged fights, have completely lost this advantage.
  5. Xind

I'm not sure why they did this either. It does _feel_ like reducing some of TRs faction identity, though it doesn't make a massive different in the first place. It would of been nice to see our guns get more clip size in this update so that having more bullet actually feels like an advantage instead of it coming up pretty specifically when you get the jump on more than two people not paying attention.
  6. Ganf

TMG-50 had a 300 round pool. And if you honestly think clip-size matters, maybe you should play some more minecraft to practice staying alive. The default reload key is "R" if you haven't found it yet.

Thank you. Have a nice day.
  7. Mythicrose12

Increasing the ammo pool just means slightly less reliance on engineer ammo packs in prolong fights. Unless I'm reading the patch notes wrong, most of the TR carbines (far instance) still retain a larget clip size over NC/VS.
    • Up x 1
  8. Ghosty11

The weapon I have problems with regarding the ammo pool is the VS Pandora shot gun, which wasn't even mentioned on the list. The Pandora with the extended magazine has a total of 30 rounds in the pool, 10 in the weapon and 20 in reserve. I really hope that they fixed this and just forgot to put it in the patch notes, as it really makes the weapon unusable by all but an engineer. All the other ammo changes really have little bearing on game play in all but extreme circumstances when there isn't an Engy throwing down an ammo pack or a terminal nearby to replenish your ammo supply.
  9. FnkyTwn

You should re-read the patch notes.

This is a NERF to 4 VS LMGs, having their overall ammo capacity dropped by 75 rounds.
    TR crying about a VS nerf because the patch notes make it seem like a buff is hilarious.

If anything its a BUFF to TR, because now 4 VS LMGs have 75 fewer rounds than before.
  10. SirBurning

Are you kidding me, do you know anything about gameplay and combat at all?

More bullets = Longer sustained fire = more people dead.
    You can miss more because you have 40 bullets...
    You go reload mid combat, see how that works out for you.

You just said that having a 100 round clip vs a 10 round clip is irrelevant for combat. Since Clip-size doesn't matter eh..

Also, I don't run out of ammo while staying alive, simply because I have an outfit with engineers to keep us all supplyed.
    • Up x 2
  11. Ganf

By this logic every TR player should be running around with a mini-chaingun. Instead, I've been discovering the joys of the MSW-R after the recent changes to flinch, which has 25% of the ammo capacity on the mini-chaingun, even though I own both.

If your Engis are hugging the HA's butt all day, they're not being very useful engis, now are they?
  12. Xind

So...firstly, if you can't reload mid combat, you must be terrible. Learning when to duck out and find cover to reload is important for ALL factions combatants regardless of bullets in the clip. Also, he's not comparing LMGs to Carbines, that's an incredibly unfair argument and when considering clip size you consider weapons of the same class against each other.

The only thing you got right is More Bullet = more sustained fire = more room for misses. This is true. But again, when its a difference of 10 rounds (Carbines) it's not that massive an advantage. With LMGS most of them are sporting 50 or more and while it's true some TR have 100 round clips, do you really think you're going to stand out of cover and dump all hundred without any enemy interference, eg Death?
  13. ExquisitExamplE

You're a moron who doesn't know what they are blathering about. Clip size is incredibly important in tactical shooters.
    • Up x 2
  14. ShumaKun

Only spin delay prevents that not every TR HA is running with chaingun
  15. Achernar

210 bullets != 240 bullets, TRs advantage got lower, but still get more than the rest on ASRs and carbines, just to mention it...
  16. Cyridius

The stupid from non-TR players in this thread is too high.
  17. SirBurning

Are you so narrow minded that your interpretation of what I said is: ''More Ammo = Win'' ?
    Ofcourse not, a skilled shooter can win vs a LMG user with a 20 round mag. More ammo per clip allows for a larger margin of error. TR guns are far more forgiving than for example NC guns because they allow you to miss more without giving you a severe penalty.

The Chaingun is wack, like all Empire specific weapons.

There are different types of engineers. Some support tanks. Others are vehicle operators themselves. And some support max units, repair turrets and provide ammo. A engineer has far more uses than repairing vehicles. It has turrets to provide cover, mines to take down AMS sundies. Proximity mines to defend a generator room while it is overloaded. Ammo packs. A S type carbine with smoke launcher + ammo pack is unbelievably useful.
    • Up x 1
  18. Ganf

I would also go a step further and say that this is incorrect by proxy, since magazine capacity is typically adjusted in proportion to weapon damage, and accuracy. So in order to make this case both weapons would have to have the same damage per bullet, and the same cone of fire or "forced misses". Really the point he's getting at is the non-point of DPS, and both of these factors are also major contributors to a player's average DPS.

But.... Why humor this line of reasoning? These boards are already filled with so much irrelevant information because people don't understand that balance must encompass every aspect of a character or object, and not just one aspect of it, such as this.
  19. Oreo202

Not like being able to safely kill 2-3 people with a single magazine matters or anything. No, not at all!
    • Up x 1
  20. RedPsycho

On behalf of the Terran Republic, I apologize to the other factions in this thread trying to reason with the soldiers in this thread. These men/women do not represent the majority of the Terran Republic. Again I am sorry for the amount of dumb being spewed forth from this thread and I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Ammo pools =/= clip size
    Clip Size > Ammo Pool
    • Up x 5