The 3 Different Sheilds

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by BlackKobra77, Dec 2, 2012.

1. BlackKobra77

What are the significant differences between the three? And I really don't understand what the Adrenaline Shield is or how it works.
  2. Saris

resist removes a percentage of the damage of each shot instead of completely absorbing the damage
    adrenaline is just like the default shield but everytime you kill someone it recharges a portion of it while activated
    last one is just normal shields with faster regen.
  3. Supercakers

Also, the resist shields are best used when you are at full health/shields, since it mitigates about 50% of damage you take. So if you are almost dead, it basically won't do anything. The NMG shield absorbs X amount of damage (not sure how much), whether you are at full health, or near death, it doesn't matter it absorbs the same amount. They have different applications but they are both good, I hear the resist is better than the NMB at rank 5, but never have gotten either of them that high so can't really say myself. I do like the NMG for certain things, it also absorbs fall damage, so you can fall a good distance and pop it, and your 2 shields will absorb quite a bit of fall damage.
  4. BlackKobra77

I understand that the NMG is a second shield that you can pop and after reading about the Resist Shield I understand that it is just like the NMG except duratio reduce it's duration because it is mitigated not absorbed. I don't understand the Adrenaline shield though. Is it a second shield like the other two but it regenerates on kills or assists? Does it have a natural regeneration or do you have to get kills and assists to regenerate it?
  5. Nubs

the adrenaline shield i think is passive and just gives you a percentage of your normal shiel dback on kills. Probably wrong, but when i tried it I didnt notice much going on with it to be honest. There is still an active shield on utility key press though, but it seemed extremely weak.
  6. finoro

Normal HA over shield blocks all damage until it is out of power. It ticks down over time when activated, ticks down a lot when you get shot at so the more white you have the more damage you can take. Upgrades improve the regen speed when it is turned off.

Resist shield ticks down when activated and prevents about half of the damage from reaching your shield/health. It will stay on for a set period of time whether you are getting shot at or not. Upgrades make it last longer.

Adrenaline shield works like the normal HA shield: ie it ticks down over time and ticks down faster if taking damage; except if you kill an enemy you get an extra chunk of shield. It is the only shield that can regen when it is activated. Upgrades give more shield back per kill.
  7. BlackKobra77

So is the Adrenaline Shield just plain better then the Normal HA shield since it can regen when you get a kill or assist?
  8. Vortok

If I'm reading it right (haven't used Adrenaline myself), then Adrenaline has the same regen speed as the baseline normal shield. You cert the normal shield to regen faster whereas Adrenaline stays at the same slow speed and gets extra regen from getting kills.
  9. Vashyo

I would see adrenaline shield being the best option at high risk areas with multiple opponents.
  10. Nehlis

IF you can get all the kills, if not, you're basically using the stock shield. I've seen people use the resist shield and +25% health extremely effectively, especially when paired with a medic. Put your shields up when you're about to lose your normal shields, and avoid taking damage, you should be fine.
  11. Megawatt

I'm looking for times on passive regen for Adrenaline Shield 1 or higher, and maybe Resist Shield 2 or higher, so I can complete some data gathering on hard number shield statistics for the community.

Just drain your Adren. Shield, and then time the passive regen with a stopwatch of some kind, preferably from the point the shield visibly deactivates until the last (thirteenth) ability shield indicator light fills up.

Once I have these regen numbers, I'll post my findings for everyone. Thanks.
  12. StockpowerXD

Is the adrenaline shield any good?
    When I use it I probably got into a life or death fight and being as it is death makes NMG and resist equal, while surviving probably means killing, which favors the adrenaline shield.
    Or do you need like 2 or 3 kills to make the adrenaline shield worth it?