Thats it! Remove the freekin timer.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kassidus, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Kassidus

I dont even play this game any more, I log in every day, get a reaver, take off, and im either crashed into by a friendly or shot down with the new super AA that seems to be tearing me up all over the place.

Then what ? I log out and play something else, becuase of this terrible timer / resource system, one mistake and its time to wait.
    I can barely get myself to log in as it is, on the plus side i like the station pass, DCUO is pretty fun, but i digress.

since there is a resource cap already, why do we need a timer as well? even if i manage to spawn 2 or 3 in a short amount of time, i will just run out of resources and be stuck waiting longer ? so why not let me blow em all quickly, at least then if there is a "accident" i dont have to rage quit and i can get back to doing what i like.
  2. Bottar1

Because after a year or so when people have maxed out the reduced timer certs, then resources will be the problem!
  3. SpartanZero

I sort of agree with you on this. Or at the very least reduce the current standard timer by half! if you foul up, either of your own accord, friendly fire or just simple bad judgement.. die early. Have no certs dumped into acquistion timer. Spawn + crash = an 18 minute wait, not to mention the x number of resources spent.. that's just insane. Timer or resources, one or the other.. not both.
  4. Kassidus

I would rather they remove the timer and reduce the resources so i could say get 2 in a row but have to wait, its those initial "oops" mistakes that fill me with rage i dont like being penalized twice.
  5. Hodo

The timer is not an issue.

If the griefing in the warpgates IS an issue. As far as getting shot down by the new "uber" AA, thats a myth. I dont fly that much and even I dont get shot down by AA that often. Fly higher, thats all I have to say.
  6. Kassidus

fly higher ? and do what ? fly around in circles not a lot a reaver can do way up there. and as for AA its not a myth, ive both used it and been on teh receiving end, once you start getting shot you have almost no time to get away, the odd time i do im usually on fire or get picked off by another fighter. And its not a skill issue, I used to to be 5 and 1 when flying against other air, but there is soo much AA all over he place now im lucky lately to get a kill before i have to bail.
  7. NoXousX

As someone that rarely has to deal with timers I fully agree. Either everything needs to be a timer, or everything needs to be resources. Having 2 systems to limit vehicle usage is redundant and frustrating to players.

If somebody wants to blow through 750 resources in 3 minutes, let them. I fail to see how this is an issue. Let players play the game how they want to. This is an overly restrictive system.
    Inb4: "but...but...but... vehicle spam..."

FREEDOM TO THE PLAYERS! 'MERICA!
    • Up x 1
  8. Gunhazard

Now that the timer starts after you spawn, rather than after you die, it's miles better than it used to be. I agree, though. There's already a capping system that limits its use via resources. There's absolutely no reason to have a second independent cooldown as well.
  9. omega4

Agreed. The timer to use vehicles and aircraft is pretty pointless as most vehicle users will do as you do (I certainly did when I played PS2).

To restrict your customer / gamers from using what they want to use in a game only serves to alienate your customer / gamer base and drive them away into the arms of another game that seeks to satisfy their gamers' desires.

It's just one of many reasons why PS2 is hemorrhaging players each day.
  10. Rogueghost

Consider this, with my prowler I can easily get 60 kills before I do something stupid and get myself killed. By time I do die, if we own at least 1/3 of my map my mech resources are back and my timer is down as well.

However should we not have timers, that gives me the ability to pull up to 3 prowlers in a row, which would be more then enough times to know what anti tank weaponry there is in the area and either avoid it or destroy it. Making it all to easy for defenders, namely in tech plants to just spam armor till they break the siege.

I can understand that with air, the timer is more frustrating, as an aircraft try to avoid large fights till your infantry/ armor destroyed the AA. Just fly around smaller fights picking off infantry and small amounts of armor, you'll find your reaver lasting longer and yourself getting more kills.
  11. Pat Cleburne

Ummmmm no. We don't need everyone who blows up getting a new aircraft instantly. If that happened, the skies would be be completely choked full of aircraft.

Cert your respawn timer and be done.
  12. MorteDeAmgelis

Agreed got on today and thought I am going to pull a Vanguard. Wasn't in the best of moods to start with a felt like watching things go boom be it tank, aircraft or infrantry!

But no, the client crashed 30 secs after I pulled my VG and I have to wait 18 mins by no fault of myself but of the instability of the game client. I do not know a game that crashes this goddam often!

People complain resources mean nothing, that is because the respawn timers are absurbly long! In 18 mins cannot only gain back the resources needed for a VG BUT I CAN GAIN MORE!

Therefore you precious resources are just pointless. Honestly I prefered the Cats, Polys and Alloy res. You had to choose. Lib or VG? Lighting or ESF? 10 Grenades or Sundie?
    The chances are people have one thing per res they like using.

I for one would like the ability to tranfer res from one to another and some reduction cost. For example.
    100 Mech to 25 Infrantry res
    Keep it relatively low cause otherwise it will be too high (even 100 to 25 seems a bit high) and res mean evenless! (Like they mean much anyway) The worst I have ever seen my res low is when I buy a load of Nades / Kits / C4. Thats all
  13. Protential

Where is the super AA you are talking about???

Don't tell me dual burster max, You don't need dual max to hit the aircrafts, and you won't get the kill either way you can just scare people off...

I Trialed the G2A rocket launcher, like yesterday. We are getting spawn camped by mosquitos and I am locking them from INSIDE the spawn where its safe and shooting missiles outside. Then resupplying. Note there were TONS of aircraft, I only managed to hit realistically 1 out of ever 15-20 missiles, they never killed any of my targets, and even mosquitos that were hovering FACING ME had time to get out of the way after I fired...Makes no sense.

If you take the timer off thats cool though, I'll get a galaxy and just start ramming everyone else who uses air.

AIR IS GAY I DO NOT WANT TO BE FORCED TO FLY AN AIRPLANE I PLAY SHOOTING GAMES TO SHOOT PEOPLE.
    Go download a MMO fly similator plz.
  14. disky00

Man, I'm so tired of people complaining about minor problems on these forums.

Yes, there is a timer. It's there to keep people from spamming aircraft. If you lose your aircraft often, spend the certification points to decrease your timer. That should be your priority. Also, adapt your flight patterns so that you don't lose your aircraft so often.

You're playing a game with other people who are bound to make mistakes or deliberately ram your aircraft for the hell of it. It happens. It can be frustrating, but the timer is there for a good reason, and you shouldn't expect the developers of the game to ruin balance because you're not capable of adaptation.
  15. Weylin

The only thing the long timer does is piss off players that suck, all the good players don't care because they're getting 60v1 on completely unchallenging spawn camp kills and have all their resources and timer cleared by the time they die from some extremely unlucky incident.