That moment when you realize you hate your faction.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kodaa, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Kodaa

I've only played NC because my friends that introduced me to PS2 play NC. It took me weeks to actually start playing on my own, because I never really had fun, but I eventually got addicted when I came into some SC and was able to buy a membership/weapons/cosmetics. It took me until very recently to realize that it took me so long to enjoy PS2 because I just can't stand NC looks/weapons. I doubt many would disagree that the NC is hideous, but that's not really relevant because I eventually stopped caring.

My main problem is/was the weapons. They don't click with me AT ALL. I find them all sluggish and obtrusive. In my opinion, their "high damage, slow RoF, high recoil" design is awful, and not fun. I find that they also put me at a disadvantage to the high RoF weapons of the TR and VS because they're more difficult to use in CQC, which is very common.

I've started to spend some time playing as other factions, and I feel like I'd have a lot more fun as TR/VS. The VS especially because of their very user-friendly starter weapons (don't get me started on the Orion), but I'd feel like a scumbag switching to an already insanely overpopulated faction on Mattherson.

Anyway, I just hate that it took me so long to figure this out because, at this point, I've spent a lot of SC on NC weapons, cosmetics, and a 90 day 50% XP boost... So I'm screwed unless I decide to just cut my losses and consider my ~$200 invested into almost entirely NC-exclusive stuff to be a generous donation to SoE for making a great game >.<
    • Up x 1
  2. IamDH

Play all 3 factions
    You'll reach level 30 VS then you'll go to TR and reach lvl 30
    then you'll go back to NC and the cycle continues

NC have the best vehicles
    TR have OP weapons and the prowler
    VS have ZOE and nice, easy to handle weapons
  3. HEAT

I love NC weps. I feel like a god with the gauss saw.
  4. Kodaa

I find the SAW to be incredibly overrated, and not fit for use... ever. It's horrible at short-mid range, and the occasional long range engagements are a chore due to the high recoil.
  5. qwertyqwerty

When I has seen the name of this thread - firtst my things were - 100% about NC\ 100% NOT about TR :D
  6. ThreePi

When weapons are balanced primarily based on TTK, then naturally the slow firing, higher recoil weapons are going to at the biggest disadvantage. Its made even worse since those slow firing weapons are hurt even harder by lag than the other factions.
  7. qwertyqwerty

And I like ppl with opinion BEST VEHICLES!!!!!
    Its really stupid opinions.
    in this game 1 vs 1 u can have more ways just in infantry fight.
    In fact all mbt are same and more will be help yr brain or yr number advantage.
  8. deggy

I think the Vanguard has the highest sexy potential of the tanks. In terms of ESFs, that distinction goes to the Mossie. It might be because I play VS, but I'm pretty sure NC have some kick-*** cosmetics out there. Your guys' Heavy Assault with Composite and a good camo set looks really good.
  9. Haruk

EM1 is the most beautifully Dakka LMG for the NC. The SMGs are pretty nice also.

<3 the Orion. So good, MSW-R doesn't even compare.

I don't get at all why people claim to love the SAW so much. You'll rarely be killed by a high BR NC using the Gauss SAW. Only low BR's carry the Gauss SAW, and they're easy to kill if you strafe, cause they can't move and shoot as well with the SAW.
    Most NC Heavies carry 167 tier LMGs, if they're not rocking a shotgun.

The mercenary is a pretty good carbine though.

But I realized I hated NC when I used the Orion. I remember that feeling whenever I use an NC LMG that's not the EM1.

I swear the EM1 is the only nc lmg that you can walk into a room with and clear out 3 guys, reload and get onto finding #4. Anything else and you're going to be respawning after the first or second guy.
  10. KlyptoK

Impossible.

But I will say Vanguards should be their own faction.
  11. Pikachu

The more I played NC the more I realize it was the right choice. The looks, the music, the max, trueshot x4 scope, the phoenix and other things. :D I envy some things from the other factions though. Lasher, marauder, comet, fracture, better guns sounds, better deploy music better players.
  12. Kodaa

I do love the Phoenix.
  13. Bhudda V1

have to say myself as an nc i have a love hate relationship with a lot our our gear, when im fighting longer rages in general it's nice having our weapon's, but when an actual fight start's aka medium-cqc i have to get smart with a number of our weapon's or find a terminal relatively fast to switch to something more range appropriate.

have to say i have a deep seeded love for what the vanu max can do (without zoe) because i think our max is effectively nerfed to mush at this point, the vanguard is another love hate relationship of mine love driving the thing in general with the racer chassis now but the inherit problem with the traction even on minor hill's make's it maddening to try and take good shot's also the reaver is a interesting vtol? plane? aircraft? anyway's one of those hard to grasp extremely hard to master thing's for me but has great possibilities if you can do it and have seen some cool **** done in it.

when it come's down to it a good number of nc's gear is great in a few situation's and will down right get you killed unless you pull some smart move's to compensate, but even that only goes so far.
    • Up x 1
  14. Larolyn

You just not doing it right. The SAW is king amongst LMGs if you get the right setup. I recommend 1x, Compensator, High Velocity Ammo and an Advanced Forward grip. It dominates with the right setup.

Just gone over to the EM6 to start Auraxiuming that one and the low damage is immediately noticable. I am looking forward to going back to the SAW when I am done.
  15. FIN Faravid

To me perfect faction would be mix of them all;
    NC look, VS accuracy and TR ideology. I chose TR becouse i am not big fan of alien tech, and i hate liberal NC.
  16. ScottishRoss

Kinda weird that, it was almost the opposite for me. I started on Ceres as TR and enjoyed it. Got to BR 18 before I found out some of my friends play it. They made me change from TR on Ceres, to Vanu on Miller. And well all I can say is that I hated the VS at first, we lost every alert, I hated the weapons... When I started getting certs, when I got better at the game and when I started using ingame comms and got organised I fell in love with the VS. I really hate being anything else now.
  17. llPendragon

I've spent a lot of time thinking about the same things.
    The CARV, TMG-50, and Orion are just fantastic. Fractures, Striker, Scythe, and Saron make killing easy.
    However, I know these things will change. SOE will "nerf" or "balance" these into something I hate, and I'll be mad at handing them another handful of sweaty money.
    I'm sticking with NC as my main account, but I don't hesitate to log in as TR or VS if the mood strikes.
  18. Leal

When I witnessed how stupid my teammates are.
    • Up x 3
  19. Oreo202

Will pay $50 to have my character transferred to that faction immediately.
  20. CupidStunts

"come at me bro"../