[THANKYOU] For fixing AV Phallanx Turrets

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sulsa, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Sulsa

Had a go last night defending some Amerish bases.
    The AV turrets are so much better now. I was able to help turn away a few TR sundies that were rushing the base and kept them farther out. Turrets were finally taken out but it required some teamwork on the enemy's part.
    It felt so great to feel like we were actually defending!
    Loved it :)

Oh, and :eek:
    • Up x 1
  2. Tanelorn

I like the changes but what they really need is more HP/ armor. They are so fragile it is often the case that they blow up 10x more quickly than you (or even a team) of engineers can repair them. Thy dont need to be super powerful, but they do need to be more durable.
    • Up x 1
  3. Zotamedu

This!
    They didn't really need more damage. What they needed was wider aiming angles and a lot more HP. The damage output was fine.

The best suggestion for the turrets I've heard is to give them a rechargeable shield that works like the personal overshield only more powerful. That would make them a lot more resistant to sustained damage which is really needed. Now it's annoying that you have to jump out and repair each time you get hit or you might not survive the next tank. With a shield, a hit or two doesn't matter because the shield will regenerate again but if you get several tanks ganging up on you, you're still screwed. They could also give the shield its own generator in the larger bases.
    • Up x 2
  4. ghettoizm

Even though I hate saying it, they are still really weak against air (all turrets) which I thought they gave em a boost, but they still are dropped in seconds.
  5. H4TZniceGuy

I would consider this balanced.
  6. RX530SS

The least they could do is make it so that engineers have better cover when trying to repair them. That way you need to keep damaging the turret to keep it down, or use infantry to kill the engineer.
  7. Ruar

The platforms need to have tunnels leading up to them basically. It would give LA and infiltrators something to hit and provide a reason for vehicles to use HE rounds for the bigger splash damage to hit the guys in the tunnel.
  8. RX530SS

Right, a tunnel or wall of some kind. It should be very difficult if not impossible to hit them.
  9. Sulsa

Had another go with the AV Phallanx today. I'm really loving the balance. It's just powerful enough to keep enemies at range but weak enough that it needs to be a multi-man operation to keep them going. Love it!