Thank you for the cpu multithreading optimizations

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bullborn, May 22, 2015.

1. Bullborn

I'm really enjoying the benefits from the last patch's cpu optimizations and thus wanted to say a big thank you to the devs.

Whereas earlier, large fights would cause FPS drops due to being CPU bound (especially with shadows turned higher than low), that bottleneck seems completely gone. I haven't been cpu bound a single time since the patch (i7 3770k @ 4.5ghz).

Being GPU bound with SLI'ed Titans is pretty impressive, so is a steady 60fps at maxed out graphics. Nice to see we benefit a bit from the PS4 development.

Anyhoo, thank you, keep up the good work! To me, that performance fix makes that the best patch ever. (although, of course its unfortunate with the bugs introduced. But Im confident those bugs will be sorted soon(TM)).

There's also a reddit thread here you may enjoy that showed up when I tried to figure out what had happened to performance.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/36lpcr/daybreak_congratulations_for_the_multithreading/
  2. HAXTIME

Yeah, my TR CPU is thankful. (TR CPU = 2x8 core AMD Piledriver)