Test Server Live

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ghosty11, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Ghosty11

• Up x 1
  2. Cougarbrit

I'll assume this thread is for people who are averse to looking at the top of the forum list.
  3. Ghosty11

Aye.
  4. Slaidd

Sooo, the existence of the PTS indicates that from here on out there will be SOME KIND of testing performed on patches prior to rolling them out and breaking everything?

I'm just curious why it took FIVE MONTHS after the game was released for some genius at SOE to think, hey you know, a public test server MIGHT be a good idea. YA THINK?!?!
  5. UrMom306

lol :eek:
  6. Ghosty11

Test servers are not for debugging. They are for testing game concepts that the developers are thinking of changing, and allowing for customer feedback. Some debugging does occur, but that is not the main purpose of a Public Test Server.
  7. Slaidd

See, normally I would agree with you entirely, but that would be the normal purpose of the public test server. But seeing as the amount and quality of testing of all the patches up to this point has been either drastically inadequate or entirely absent prior to the rollout of these patches, that fact alone means that any/all testing done on the PTS should be huge improvement over what we've seen thus far.

My underlying point being, whatever testing that's been performed thus far in this game has been piss poor and the truth of the matter is that this game should still be in beta test. Oh and as one small example, if I turn on GPU physics the game STILL crashes every 10 minutes or less, and I'm running a GTX680 with the latest drivers.

Maybe a public test server isn't such a good idea after all. MAYBE SOE should just quadruple the amount of QA done on the patches before rolling them out, that MIGHT help a little. Although now that I think of it, 4 x 0 is still 0.
  8. Ghosty11

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just saying don't expect the QA Department to suddenly get better because we have a Test Server in place. :mad:
  9. Slaidd

AHH, ok. No problem, I didn't mean to sound like I was disagreeing with you either. You're exactly right. Unfortunately, you're probably right with your last statement too. :(