Test Patch Notes - October 3, 2013 12PM PDT

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by Luperza, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Luperza Community Manager

The Public Test Server will come down for maintenance at 12:00 PM PDT for an update.

Test Patch Notes
    Gameplay:
    • The game client should no longer crash upon exit.
    • Reinforcement spawn locations are now more likely to show up for front line battles.
    • Instant Action now has a higher chance of choosing a location on the player's current continent.
    • Warp Gates owners have been rotated for the World Domination Series
    • Standard Spawn Options: Increased standard spawn options to include
      • Nearest Small outpost by lattice links
      • Nearest Large outpost by lattice links
      • This should alleviate situations where pilots and others are downed more than one region away from a friendly territory and are stuck with no good spawn options. This change will offer the nearest small outpost and nearest large outpost in addition to the nearest major facility that is already available. This should allow those players to either join the nearest front or fall back to spawn another vehicle at a larger facility. Please note that the distance is by lattice-links, not as the crow flies.
    Depot:
    • Fixed a bug with purchasing boosts while in the VR training zone.
    • Up x 17
  2. Netsurfer733

Thumbs up for this one.
    • Up x 7
  3. DeadliestMoon

Nice, not big but nice. It's been a while since the Test Server was updated.
    • Up x 1
  4. NyaR

It only took a year - soon we'll be able to exit without end-task.
    • Up x 2
  5. Van Dax

Interesting, the only place I've encountered this is on my tablet (log in for certs when I don't have time to play on my PC)
  6. DeadliestMoon

I've encountered the problem as well, but it's not that big of a deal that people seem to be making of it.
    • Up x 1
  7. blueangleofdeath

It's annoying but you get used to it after the 1000th time. I'm glad they're fixing it though as a great quality game shouldn't have this bug. It may even make the game run better, who knows!
    • Up x 1
  8. eldarfalcongravtank

i'd rather crash on exit than crash on start-up. sorry but that fix is rather low-priority.

what about a fix for flares not deflecting lock-ons? dead people still moving around after death? rendering problems for both players and projectiles? random disconnect issues? teamkilling with vehicles when you barely touch respective player? etc.
  9. thepackett

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. :D
    • Up x 2
  10. St0mpy

Hmm so now theres a possibility if you happen to be adrift sideways to your battle lane rather than straight off the end of it, youll be offered a spawn location perhaps 4 or 5 hexes away, back up the line far from the battle you left, up a redundant lattice junction no one/few currently fight over.

Isnt that counter productive to what the fix is supposed to fix?

Why cant it be as the crow flies? Why build in ways for it to be unsatisfactory at times?

We all know if its working 9/10s of the time itll never get a chance to be in the dev spotlight again, why not do it right instead of leaving occasions where the spawn makes no sense adding a minor annoyance.to someones gaming session?
    • Up x 2
  11. Liewec123

i'm fine with the exit crash, the game rarely crashes when you're actually playing it so thats good :D
  12. Vandali

I see no love for the NC in those notes... :(
  13. BoomBoom4You

you can play this game on a tablet? :eek:
  14. Van Dax

6 fps in the warpgate, not even close.
    (surface pro)
  15. DeadliestMoon

I get that regularly with my laptop.