Test Patch Notes - 7/18

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by jweathers, Jul 19, 2014.

1. jweathers Systems/UI Design Lead

Directives
    • We've put a very early version of our directive system up on PTS for the purpose of initial stress testing
    • It's very much a work in progress so expect to see bugs and incomplete/temporary data
    • If you would like to help us test directives on PTS, both the Combat Medic and Carbine directives have objectives that can be completed
    HUD Notification Revamp
    • We've added a secondary location for HUD notifications to appear, which is on the left side of the screen, above the mission UI
    • Some of the existing notifications (ex: ribbons earned) will now appear in this new area and will no longer show up in the primary notification area (top-center of the screen)
    • We're still determining which notifications we want to pipe through this new notification area so give us any feedback you have
    • Up x 4
  2. LordMatt XLVIII

Perhaps make the Giant Victory and Defeat notifications more pressed to the top center of the screen and a bit smaller, they can really get in the way at times.

A better way of notifying you when you earn certs would be nice, like maybe a (+5) next to your cert amount to indicate you've earned 5 certs in your current life.

Maybe you could put the friend logged out/ user joined your platoon notifcations on the side bar(Keep the position of Squad waypoint changed).

I'd like the addition of indicators when your squad or platoon leader adds a smoke indicator to the field, and perhaps a more prominent indicator for smoke locations on the map.

The Global facility status feed that tells you if your faction gains or loses a base should definetely be put near your minimap.
    • Up x 2
  3. Kirppu1

Slightly "tilted" HUD elemnts would be nice. Those that look like they are in the visor.... Let me get an example, like this one:
    [IMG]
    The last one. Also the Notification should be this orange exclamation mark right on top of the map
    • Up x 4
  4. Iridar51

Less UI clutter is good, I was afraid that with directives PS2 would turn into Titanfall, where you can't make two steps without BIG YELLOW TEXT appearing in the middle of the screen.

Information that doesn't affect your current decisions should appear in the corner, if at all. Ribbons, implant drops do not affect the process of decision making, nor does gaining a new Battle Rank, though it is something to celebrate.

I think that for every notification there should be an option: 1) show in the middle of screen, 2) show in the corner, 3) don't show at all.

There also should be a log for every notification, sometimes there's no time in the heat of combat to see what was that notification. It could be a part of the TAB scoreboard, just a little list on the side, or maybe a separate chat page. I think there already is one?..
    • Up x 3
  5. Xebov

The weapon directives currently only count in medals, so players are forced to get 3 Auraxium medals to complete them. You should add an option to complete these directives for players that dont have alot of auraxiums but have alot of kills on single weapons. As an example, there are players with 15k kills on a Parallax but they would never complete the directive as they dont have Auraxium medals on any of the other Rifles.

The Message for redeploy after continent lock should be moved, if a continent is locked it simply blockes the middle of the screen.
  6. ThePropain

It WAS pretty much like that.... in the very early beta stages. Way back in 2012 when Biolabs had 6 cap points. I wasn't around during the beta, but when I saw it through the videos, I was wondering what in the WORLD were they thinking when they removed it.... it looked really nice, much nicer than what we have now, why the heck did they have to remove it?
    I'll post a video of it..... if I can find it.

I had to look at the beta night thread. :p But I remember seeing a video with an even earlier version of the hud somewhere on these forums. I can't find it anywhere, but I remember it opening with him flying a mosquito.
    Edit 3: Found it. I realized it wasn't a huge difference, but what the heck, posting it anyway.

Again. No idea why it was changed to a more boring version we have now..... I seriously might be missing something important if they removed something nice like this. But anyway, i'm pretty sure I made my point.:cool:
    • Up x 2
  7. TheKhopesh

Ya, I think it'd be cool if they just give you an advanced section in the settings and a list of all the major notification types.
    Then, just check a box for each type (BR increase, ribbon earned, implant earned, etc.) saying whether you want that as a primary or secondary notification.
    • Up x 1
  8. Forkyar24

I don't like it
  9. scar413

I really like the new notifications. I would suggest to also add implant drops like [ Supply Drop ] >> [ (Icon) Regeneration I ]
    • Up x 1
  10. Strikejk

The explosiosn were alpha, but atleast there was a proper tank wreck instead of the stuff we have now. (A rain of metal pieces bouncing all over the place instagibbing everything)
  11. gnometheft

I'm all for less in the main notification window
  12. Kirppu1

I know it was on the beta, but it seems that the word "Beta" is a curse word to sony
  13. Kirppu1

And also it seems that SOE is afraid to test at the test server
  14. FrankHH

I completely agree... the old version looked much more like something projected on a visor.
  15. PsyStorm

I tried playing the test today but was so laggy it made my head hurt. The directives didn't seem to update with kills so kinda pointless if you can't see they are working. Why no EU test server? We get farmed due to lag on high ping usa server.
  16. Brasil

We do not want polluted HUD.
    You have option to disable do not want.
  17. FieldMarshall

The directives/ribbons popup shows up behind the minimap if you have it expanded, making it very hard to read.
    Im thinking its because this UI change.