Territory cap limit

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by stricken78, Aug 8, 2020.

1. stricken78

Where to start.......

Been playing for quite a while since the Alpha in late '13, first character was TR on Emerald and recently started forum account. Pretty sure this has been brought up several times but we honestly need a cap limit. Now most of the time I log in randomly throughout the day and TR are doing fine with territory (35-45%) pop is usually about the same 30-33%. Now maybe it's just my bad luck or timing but TR have just been what I like to call "getting blurpled" or getting **** on by nc and vanu where nearly 80% of the time they are barely even fighting each other. It gets to the point that I just leave after dealing with the 2v1 front battle. VS having just locked Indar prior to this Amerish alert, not even 35 minutes this is what TR have to deal with....practically getting warp gated.
    [IMG]

With many of these alerts happening soo fast, there's only 2 maps that are full scale open, it would seem the maps would be even territory....from what others on forums have said about the ghost capping, not even 30 minutes past, TR pretty much getting warp gated by both factions.
    [IMG]
    Now to my favorite segment, when TR ARE actually winning. Here come the NC and VS to "blurple" the hell out of us. TR was around 51% prior to the alert, nearly a full hour of the alert neither VS or NC even had a fight or an attempted cap going. It's almost like the NC and Vanu have this secret deal that they won't go all out on each other. VS or NC just handing the other a win and TR ended up finishing the alert with 21%.
    [IMG]

All of these have been within the past month, in which all honestly happens on a DAILY basis, not just once a month or even a couple times in the week...everyday I log in this is what I end of facing as TR. We either get cut right down the middle or down an entire side of the warp gate by either and when I check map, there's barely a fight or 2 between nc and vs. Atleast make it to where if you're around 10% territory no one can cap the rest of your factions bases, otherwise said faction should just be wiped off that map until the alert is over with...why even bother with just spawning off the warpgate.
    • Up x 1
  2. TrojonKing 1st

I agree with you that at some point's of the day the game balance is bad. And some time's TR is to blame in the sense of there own stupid fault eg When in one of these fight's and an alert is on with nearly all Vs and NC have been fighting each other at a base for the past 40min's of an alert and some of us have been trying take bases back, down the side's of the map, Some stupid group of TR decide it would be a great idea to cut NC or VS off from fighting each other and put TR in the firing line from both side's and then to top it off TR numbers drop like a rock.
  3. NotziMad

check the common denominators in all your pictures :

biolab fight

it sucks, it's Wrel's fault, so he sucks too, I've been whining about this for years now, even more now since they got spawns...

___

EDIT -> that last screenshot on Indar is different : TR has captured the Crown (a base which normally belongs to VS in that setup), and the combination of Ti Alloys and the Crown make a big population sink in the same way as a biolab.

That's what it mostly comes down to, population sinks, even more so if they are static (like the Crown or Ti Alloys or a Biolab)
  4. stricken78

The last screenshot of Indar was a different day, probably when I swapped from Esamir. The first one NC cutting us off in the mid and VS capping bio lab off the side. I rarely play Hossin, mostly cause I don't know the layout as well.
  5. NotziMad

In case you're interested, like I said, I've been whining about this for a long time, here's maybe one of my most "constructive" posts in which I basically speak of the same thing as you, but I explain it in detail.

It's from 2018, on another account:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...lert-system-does-not-work-here-is-why.250879/