Terrex07 0 Cert Scythe Montage - OP + Dual Photon Pods vs ESF

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Terrex, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Terrex

Video description:

In this video I used a Scythe with 0 certs invested and only trialed out the Dual Photon Pods. I've flown the Mosquito a lot, 420+ hours. I personally think there is an imbalance with all the ESF and the Scythe in particular having the most advantage. It has amazing brakes, turning, weapons and it's design alone is so much advantage. This is just my opinion. It can be compared to the Mosquito but I think a Scythe with dog-fighting has all it needs to be the most dominant fighter by far. The dual rockets I believe are better in almost every situation except for maybe some ammo conserving on infantry. Yes, in a few clips you will see the "rocket glitch". I have been flying a long time and use my nose-gun to line up targets, I don't exploit it as you do not see me spamming it. I only collected a couple days worth of clips playing it when Helios was really slow. The first few video clips show an enemy fighter attacking me and we have a little duel. I crop a lot out throughout the rest of the montage to either show the finish or the pods dealing massive damage.

----------

For a lot of this I only tried to just use the rocket pods. They really need to fix the rocket pod glitch going on, it is way too messed up for a Scythe. Let me know what you guys think, thanks.
    • Up x 6
  2. LoveJuices

I see you shooting down really bad mossie pilots, hover dodging in 3rd person so you're impossible to trace, then flying into a tree.

So pretty much my exact experience in my own Scythe.
  3. DJStacy

The Scythe Photon pods are mean and nasty lol.............also very frustraiting...

I fly my Mozzie and have put in plenty of certs and hours but they are very difficult to fight against even with full dog fighting frame on my mozzie.
  4. MrsLeo

Want to show your skills? Do that in reaver!
    Can't? Wonder why...
  5. Shizzlesticks

I just suggest flightschool, eventhough im VS player, i prefer the mossy any day over the scythe.
    Maybe personal interest or the way I play, but does the world need to suffer from the fact I prefer the mossy more then the scythe?
    So if i play vanu the mossy has to be nerfed caus i dont have it?
    They are all equally balanced in an way.
    Offcourse some ******** people who cant look further then their own smell are going to rage and nerfcry
    • Up x 2
  6. XRaDiiX

I am one of the best ESF pilots in planetside 2 and agree. Even with stock ESF Sycthe Zero Certs it's incredibly strong i've flown a few hours in one recently and compared to the mosquito it outclasses it completely.

I use dogfighting air farm for my mosssie because that's what i do i kill things with G2A rockets and Main machine gun. I don't use A2A refuse to be a skilless twerp.

I agree that Sycthe is incredibly agile and rarely every get hit by Max AA flak either because of its pancake like slim profile. If you don't make stupid decisions like hovering over a base for 5 seconds.

Also i noticed how Sycthes rarely get hit by lock on A2A it's like a 40-50% chance. Compared to other ESF's getting hit like 80-90% of the time.

The new buff to missiles though might have fixed it but i doubt it since i was flying a sycthe today testing out my new OP Vanu Alt

I also find it really irritating how fast the new lock-on missiles get to the target i can rarely find the time to get to an object to avoid the missiles now.

I think alot of the new Air changes are wrong and make the ESF feel like a fly being swat outta the sky in large engagements now unless you can find that pinhole where you can't be fired at by the swarm of sky guards and Aa max.

On Esamir Air wont exist anymore i beleive cause nowehre to dodge A2A missiles at except that 1 big mountain and biolabs.

I also think that Reaver needs to be smaller because in my Mossie i kill a Reaver in 5-10 seconds. It takes me about 10-30 seconds always to kill a sycthe.

Good balance SOE lol Reavers are a joke and this is coming from a TR

Make real changes fix Sycthe its OP
    • Up x 3
  7. Fredfred

She is actually a pretty good pilot. She is probably a top tier on the Helios server. I did compare the scythe after flying the reaver (50 hours) The reaver doesn't even hold a candle to the scythe. I been debating on just switching to the Vanu so I can do some decent dogfighting. And switching back to NC for everything else now.
    • Up x 1
  8. Naterian

Too bad you left out the part where I killed you in a reaver.

The best pilots I know all agree the scythe is the weakest ESF and it's yuck for me personally.

Not sure what weak server everyone plays on to make them think the scythe is king...but stop on by Mattherson more with your scythe, would gladly dominate you in a reaver or mosquito repeatedly. Your pick.
    • Up x 3
  9. XRaDiiX

I think if i had my mossie with my dog fighter air frame 3 On Waterson i'd Lay you out before you could even realise what hit you.
  10. DoradusGenudine

i played vs in the beta but i did have a tr toon that i messed with and using free certs handed out by soe i heavily certed a fit for the mossi. literally the only thing i certed on the tr toon. it was something like 2k certs i found it to be far more agile and far easier to fly than the scythe. so... you saying scythes are op is just like your opinion man.
  11. Terrex

I remember sometimes when I die but not all of them. I didn't take many of my Scythe lives seriously, I cannot say for sure that I gave it my best. Maybe sometime we will have a fair duel.
  12. Naterian

Meh just have someone on NC pull me a Racer 3 reaver with tanks, stealth and rotary or airhammer. Then I'll make your wish come true ;)
  13. Shizzlesticks

Prolly ******** caus people who maybe learn the game slower finally pickup and start to wh00p his ***.

Only possible solution for these kids is making all the factions the same, same colours same weapons .. EVERYTHING

And even then people go complain about the names of their faction being OP in some way.
  14. Naterian

Bleh...you jumped on me first...it was at the two bridges right by Scarred Mesa. You tried the photon pod cheese and missed. Was a fair duel but you are welcome to come back as soon as the servers go live and maybe I can teach you a thing or two.
  15. MiZrY

This thread has all the reasons why my Reaver is now collecting dust in the hanger while I betray her and use my alts to fly and actually have fun flying.
  16. XRaDiiX

I'll have you know i've never lost to a single Reaver pilot ever on Waterson only died to A2A missile rats. When i was outnumbered. Literally can't be killed by Reavers they are weak. I kill reavers in 5 second flat constantly. Fighting them 4v1 alot killing them all.
  17. Terrex

No idea. If I ever make level 1 alts again I may find you.
  18. Fredfred

Also note SOE, the scythe isn't overpowered... The Reaver and mosquito are under powered. They need to be buffed, especially the reaver.
  19. Naterian

Talk is talk but I tell you what:

Soon as servers go live make a TR on Mattherson and I will pull you any type of mosquito you want then I will switch to my NC character and I'll make you eat your words.
  20. Naterian

Terrex77 was your name for some reason I distinctly remember you being BR 27 but on PSU it says battlerank 2 with server unknown.

Guess I'm crazy - offer still stands though if you are so adamant about this scythe nonsense.