Terrans Need some Love

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by AirSuicide, Dec 11, 2012.

1. AirSuicide

I am posting this because my last post was misinterpreted -

Tanks -

Which would you pick -

1. TR = Siege mode decreases reload time

Or

2. NC - Short Invincibility, Higher Health, and Higher damage

Or

3. VS - Straffing, Supper accurate, no bullet drop, Fast

Lets be Honest, Your going to pick #2 or #3, Your going to laugh at #1

Aircraft -

TR - Faster reload, Faster Cyclic rate
    NC - Higher Damage, Higher Health
    VS - Super Mobility, Special weapons

Infantry -

TR- Faster Reload, Faster cyclic rate
    NC - Higher health, Higher damage
    VS - No bullet Drop, Highly Accurate, Special AOE gun

In all cases your going to choose NC or VS. There is something seriously wrong with that. Terrans need some serious Dev Love.
  2. Sworaven

On what information did you base this on?

The only thing that bothers me is the reaver afterburner speed regression. For the rest I think ESF are pretty well balanced (in comparison with each other).

Call me stupid, but I don't think this thread will end well.
  3. raw

l2prowler

and all empire classes have 1000 effective health regardless of empire and class (except the inf, they got 100 shield less)

inf. weapon balance i will not comment on, have said too much about that as it is already.
  4. Revanmug

Every aircraft has the same health. Buff NC? Nope.

Let's not talk about infantry weapons...

I think the problem is not that your last post was misinterpreted but more that you don't really know what you are talking about.
  5. JohnnyMaverik

I think we all feel like that. A couple of deaths and you'll find me cursing the NC's massive infantry damage or TR's great RoF (and that ***** minigun you can get on your HA is glorious compared to the Lasher, which I presume is what you mean by the "Special AOE gun", hell if I could swapsies with you I would). The reality is all of the factions are pretty well balanced in all areas, it's just about learning how to maximise the strengths of what you have, and dampen the weaknesses.

Also, since when did our tanks have no bullet drop? o_O
    I know a couple of the secondary gunner weapons are pretty much high powered armour piercing lazors, although hardly anybody uses them due to the price and the fact they are fairly situational, but the Supernova PC, the default main gun, most definitely has bullet drop, and I wasn't aware of and nor have I ever seen an alternate that doesn't. Also the TR tank can double shot, which is a pain in the **** as Infantry because you dodge the first highly lethal explosive round, think you might just get away with it, then take the next squatly in your naive backside.

I feel with calls of planetsides unbalance it's a case of the grass always being greener. A couple of weeks ago I felt the same as you about Vanu, then I tried out both NC and TR for a few hours each, playing HA and Tank just like I do with Vanu, and realised we all have our own unique problems.

Now the real imbalance it between air and ground due to the air to ground rocket pods, and that's a problem across all three factions, all abuse it (as in the factions, not every individual player) and all feel it (I imagine this does in fact cover the vast majority of players).
  6. Adacas

This should probably be in Game discussion instead of Tech support No ?
  7. AirSuicide

Maybe the mods will move it.

Ground to air needs to be buffed, that's for sure. Kind of nuts that you can "Dodge" a locked on missile also. I mean with the way you can move these aircraft all the missiles mine as well be dumbfire rather then lock on.
  8. JohnnyMaverik

IR smoke is the culprit there. People have worked that that with rocket pods combined with IR smoke they can spam some pods, break any locks and run and let it re-charge, come back, do the same, and get plenty of kills while doing it against infantry, armour and even the stationary defensive weapons alike (the other day I swear somebody 1 shotted by Mag with hellfires, that shouldn't be possible).

Bad news is they're now changing lock on weapons to lock on only, that anti air your complaining about will have the exact same problem with air as it already does, and will now be useless against infrantry, maxes and tanks since if you can't lock you can't shoot and anti air lock launchers can't lock to ground.

Even the anti ground armour lock on launchers are getting the same treatment! Which is the hight of ridiculousness.

I honestly believe they should remove the air to ground rocket pods and give everybody who has them two weapons as a replacement, one with a high ROF that shoot splash damage projectiles (one at a time, not spam) that are highly effective against infantry but do minimal armour damage, and another with a low rate of fire, 2 projectiles at a time, no splash damage, high armour piercing values but won't be much of a threat to infantry unless you get a lucky shot due to that slower rate of fire and no splash. Then if people want to go one man anti ground they can but they can't hold a trump card to all ground units and are going to have to be careful while doing it. Leave everything else as it is, it's already easy enough to shoot down air (when it isn't podding you) with anti air max, lock on launcher and stationary anti air.

Also it might bring the liberator back into play, which would be great since at least it encourages co-operative play which is what the game is meant to be about. People have worked out that 3 single man craft with pods currently do way more damage and are way easier to keep alive than a bulky, slow moving assault craft that takes 3 to fully staff. There's something wrong when you look into the sky, see a lone liberator coming and think "thank god".
  9. NinjaPirate

Welp, First lets get a few things straight, and I'll throw some of my thoughts on the matter.

Tanks

TR:
    + Fastest MBT, Double shot capability increases Anti-Infantry lethality considerably in comparison to its peers, further improved by the Lockdown ability.
    - Bad secondary weapons, Weakest in Tank vs Tank combat.

It's mainly an anti infantry vehicle, Its characteristics do not work well against tanks in Most cases but will shred infantry, especially in sieges.

NC:
    + Highest Armor (One extra rocket/shell to take down in most cases), Shield ability, Most Powerful HE and AP shells, losing only to the Liberator in damage capacity.
    - Slower than the Prowler, Slowest reload times, Worst mobility, 'Meh' Secondary weapons.

Quite a good tank all around, can take on anything reliably.

VS:
    +Hover and Strafe capability along with a Boost ability, No recoil (Still has shell drop!, exactly the same as the Vanguard too), Best terrain Handling due to hover, overall best mobility, Best Anti-Vehicle secondary (Saron HRB).
    - Same speed as the Vanguard (!!!), No Turret, same armor as Prowler.

Obviously the most mobile tank here, able to traverse terrain unlike any other, has the ability to dodge fire to an extent and that is pretty much what keeps it alive, otherwise, Main guns do not Really excel in any way compared to its peers.

In conclusion, yes the Magrider is probably the most effective and versatile combat vehicle around, but the others are not THAT far behind, it wont kill infantry any better than the Prowler, wont kill tanks any better than the Vanguard, the one thing it can do is stay mobile and dodge fire, that is the one thing that helps it.
    And yes, the Prowler could use better secondaries.

Aircraft

TR:
    + Highest cruise speed, best turn rate, highest rates of fire, magazine capacities and fastest reload speeds, actually is the least visible aircraft at night.
    - Tiny bit less armor, less damage per shot, loses altitude quickly during hover (Twice as fast as the Scythe)

Pretty much the same old TR style of vehicles, nothing fancy.

NC:
    + A bit more armor than its counterparts, Highest damage weaponry, Absolute best afterburners and Vertical Thrusters.
    - Slowest cruise speed as far as i know, could be wrong on that one, Slowest turn rates, Most drift and speed loss on turns, slowest Fire rates and reload speeds.

Again, same old NC, the afterburner and Vertical thrusters give it a pretty big advantage in air combat and the Breaker missiles disintegrate ground targets with their damage.

VS:
    + It's Purple, Best Air brakes and Hover power, losing altitude at half the speed of the mosquito during hover.
    - Largest surface area, Slow cruising speed, most visible at night due to being a flying Christmas tree.

No exceptional stats for the Scythe really, overall a balanced machine.

In conclusion, the aircraft are all capable of the same feats really, the nose guns kill each other in the same amount of time and there's nothing exceptionally different about any of them, they all work.

Infantry Weapons
    Now these are tricky, there are a lot of sidegrade guns that lean towards other factions so this really only refers to the basic faction traits.

TR:
    + Fastest firing rates, highest magazine capacities, Fairly low recoil, comparable to that of the VS believe it or not, Best Sidearm in close combat, Overall best DPS of all 3 factions
    - Lowest damage per bullet, Mediocre Cones of Fire.

But again, DPS is highest, overall the Terran guns are the best to have at close range combat and they have no shortage of guns capable of Medium-Long range.

NC:
    + Highest damage per bullet.
    - Highest recoil, Slowest reloads, overall Lowest DPS at close range, but not by much.

Welp, NC are mostly for long range they say, personally i never saw anything wrong with their guns when using them, they're all good if controlled well, just take a bit more work.

VS:
    + No bullet drop on *Most* guns, Fastest reload times, good Rates of fire and DPS at all ranges, Good accuracy in general.
    - Big damage dropoffs at range.

Most of the VS guns have a good amount of CoF bloom and a decent amount of recoil, though generally they are the most accurate, doesn't mean they're easy mode though, they have their quirks.

In conclusion, Since most combat actually takes place at close ranges, where the TR have a clear advantage with the exception of the ScatMAX™, I'd have to say the TR probably have the most effective Infantry weaponry around, though with the amount of sidegrades available it's really all up to Who holds what weapon and at what distance, regardless of faction.

TLDR:

I've been playing PS2 since the Tech test and have seen the various weaponry in the game evolve as time passed, and overall It IS in fact balanced, there are a few small Features on certain equipment that may swing the advantage to one side or the other in their particular departments, but in the grand scheme of things everybody gets a fighting chance just like the next guy, and there is Definitely nothing wrong with any of the TR stuff.

(It is always possible i got a few things slightly off, like the ESF Armor, so feel free to provide data to correct me)

And damn, this took a while to type.
  10. Silver Pepper

Terrans feel just right to me. Yes, our tank has the least damage per shot and can easily get eaten by other tanks... but it can outrun them, outclimb them, and it absolutely massacres infantry. Missed on my first HE shot? No worries, got another coming right up! Combine a deployed Prowler, HE shells and an ammo sundie, and enjoy your chart topping on a base. Can't quite see high enough into the air tower to hit infantry? No worries, just shoot the wall behind them - the splash damage will gib them all over the place. The sheer volume of fire a Prowler can put out is definitely not something to be messed with.

It's called Prowler for a reason - it hunts infantry like a merciless monster.
  11. QuantumMechanic

Infantry-wise I think TR is fine where it's at right now.

I do think the mossie is the least effective of the strike fighters.

It's also pretty common knowledge that the prowler is the least effective tank.
  12. Alexlightning7

I am looking for the dev post right now. Unlikely that Ill find it because it was atleast a month ago.

It showed the actual in engine vehichle health and damage points for the tanks.
    The prowler actually does the most damage of all 3, its just a matter of getting both its shots on target.

To compensate for the higher damage, it has weak health and bad recoil.
    Vanguards and Magriders have almost the same main damage, but the mags secondary weapon puts it over the edge.
    And Vanguards have slow reload.

These are base assuming theres no upgrades, but they do scale to all weapon upgrades.

When you take into account abilities.
    Vanguard gets heavy armor, making up for technically, being the weakest based on pure damage, and slowest reload. Also currently the only way to improve a tanks rear armor.

Mag gets boost to get up 90 degree hills. This can be extremely useful to a skilled player. And they have the best anti vehicle gun in game.

Prowlers get faster reload and fire rate, allowing them to dish out more damage then almost any other vehicle, but has terrible aim, movement is disabled, and it has weaker armor.

Now I agree that prowlers arent really feared, and maybe they should be made slightly more accurate, but I fear that that might make them slightly OP unless their armor is reduced slightly.

The problem is that these are after their all upgraded. When not upgraded, the Magrider is OP compared to the other 2.
    Hence the problems and constant complaints against them.
    imo, they just need either their armor or secondary gun damaged nerfed. Not over the top as SOE have been known to do.