Terran Sniper Rifle Characteristics

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by FierceAsian, Dec 4, 2012.

1. FierceAsian

What are the differences between each bolt-action rifle in the Terran Republic and what do you recommend? Thanks for any help :D
  2. vampwood

SR-7 is the long range variant with a slow cycle rate, fastest TR sniper projectile speed and high power scope availability.
    TSAR 42 is the short range scout variant with the fastest cycle rate, slow projectile speed and can only equip up to 4x scopes, I personally use this one for all ranges because if you're good enough the speed doesn't matter.
    M77-B is between the two.
    • Up x 1
  3. Vepo

I personally love my SR-7. Nothing has made be change from it yet :)
  4. KaosWarMonk

I'm my (limited) experience I also find the SR-7 to be my preferred rifle.
  5. PSBJ

If you want to snipe at great distances (using the 12x scope) and know how to account for bullet drop, definitely go for the SR-7. If you prefer medium range sniping, I'd personally go for a semi-automatic.
  6. Caspartine

If you wanna go for long range sniping, you have basically 2 options:

SR-7 - 1000 cert beast with highest bullet speed, up to 12x optics
    M77-B - 100 cert cheaper version, a bit lower bullet speed (=> bigger bullet drop at long distances), up to 12x optics

M77-B is a wonderful weapon for 100 certs. SR-7 is slightly better, but considerably more expensive.
  7. PanzerGoddess

This is the only real post in here. I also use this for all ranges as well, like you said if your skill level is high enough speed does not matter. Dont suppose your interested in an all infiltrator outfit lol. Anyways on another note, yes the TSAR has the fastest rof which more than compensates over the SR-7