Terran LMG 125 damage model

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Illucidator, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Illucidator

What if the default T9 Carv for The TR was switched to a 125 damage model with rpm that made its ttk time (.48)equal to the Orion and Gauss saw?

Would you TR freak or what? Im just curious. I actually like TR 125 dmg model weapons. Im having a blast with the armistice and I feel like the lnyx and torq would be fun to use eventually when I get them.
  2. CNR4806

You'd have to lower the recoil and CoF bloom somewhat, and adjust ammunition to compensate.

However, as much as I'd like these OMG MOAR DAKKA weapons, it must be noted that if the controls are completely the same (ie. identical effective recoil and CoF bloom), and the two weapons have the same TTK and DPM, the high-RoF one is advantageous because you can afford to miss more.

Therefore, the low-RoF weapon must have some sort of advantage over the high-RoF one, be it TTK, DPM or handling characteristics. The new CARV (or new LMG that uses such model) will have to sacrifice something to make it not overpowered compared to their low-RoF counterpart.
  3. Lucidius134

Why not just add a new tier of lmg's?
    TR, in exhange for having only 1 167 LMG should be the only faction with a 125

NC should get a 143 700+ rpm LMG

VS should get a 200 damage LMG It should be more akin to the TMG-50 in that it has a sub-100 magazine size. (Arguably the saw should too but not argueing that lol)
    • Up x 1
  4. prodo123

Topkek, VS getting a 200/bullet LMG? Not a chance.
    • Up x 3
  5. Goretzu

I don't think the Carv would be the weapon to do that with, because:

a) it is great weapon as is
    &
    b) really the 125 damage model is more suited to a pure CQB weapon (which the Carv sort of is, but really is more Generalist with a CQB slant).

I do think the TR should definately have a 125 CQB LMG though.
  6. Lucidius134

we already have a substancial amount of 143/167 lmg's.

IDK a 200 damage 50 round wouldn't be that bad, although keeping 200 dam to NC specific and 125 to TR specific is probably ideal.
  7. Hatesphere

that probibly how it sill stay since VS weapons tend to be a middle ground.
  8. breeje

i would love an TR HA 125 damage weapon
    just don't turn the carv, make an new one with an 1000+ RPM :)
    • Up x 1
  9. Illucidator

Lol that might be slightly op just slightly xp. But one thing I forgot to factor in when I just made this post was the TR heavy weapon. It might be slightly harder to balance a 125 dmg lmg in with that chaingun. But I think it can still be done. Maybe make the MSW the 125 dmg model lmg. :/ Idk This would be a tough one to balance. I think the msw even with a 50 bullet mag and125 dmg model at around 855 rpm would be op and might be pushing into the smg territory.
    • Up x 1
  10. Tbone

No no no no no.The game is mixx all things.Don't mix it more.
  11. Tbone

CQB LMG. MSW-R?? :D 200 mag? :D
  12. Lucidius134

It's not mix all things.

Our arsenal is the most diverse. That'd make it more diverse.

ideally, NC would have 2 200 dam weapons per tier, tr would have 2 125 and vs would have 1 of either + stuff between. Lack of selection highly restricts them where the other factions would have more selection/specialization.

That's not gonna happen though so i can see keeping 200 to NC and 125 to TR would work.
  13. Goretzu

Does the Lynx have a 150 mag now? :eek:
  14. Tbone

No but that doesn't mean the MSW-R can't have. :p
  15. Mythologicus

Besides being ridiculously ammo-hungry, I doubt people would actually notice much difference.

And don't you dare touch the CARV.
  16. RedArmy

if we're gonna add a 125dmg LMG for TR we need it to have atleast a 75 round mag and a fire rate comparible to the MCG of atleast 900.
    for fairness for NC we would have to give them a 143dmg LMG with 745RPM (tr should still shoot faster)
    and VS with their lack of bullet drop, a 200dmg anything is out of the question. id say also give them a 125dmg LMG with maby 875RPM
  17. thebigbortishbort

i dont see the point of giving us such an lmg if you are gonna give the VS somthing Very similar also i see this new lmg being like a larger version and hybrid of the torq and lynx which would be quite delicious.
  18. Iridar51

As long as non-SMG 125 damage model remains what it is - over the top vertical recoil with bloom of 143 damage weapon - it's directly worse than 143 damage weapons. There's no reason for it.
  19. Goretzu

When you look at Carbine/AR distribution VS tend to sit in the middle, and TR/NC have one 125/200 weapon each. I think if you give VS the NC or TR trait you really reduce the point of having it in the first place (outside of specific weapons where they have to all be similar like SMGs).

I'd have thought any 125 LMG would have to be similar to the Lynx, but thinking more about it that's a little be scary :D , so maybe the TORQ-9 is a better model.