Terrain Flashing Bug

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Skizerz, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Skizerz

During a firefight hit under 1 fps. Once framerate went to 30 again this happened. It eventually stopped after about 1.5 minutes, time between flashes increasing over time until ceasing.

2. Graftonio

I get the same problem but it crashes causes my game to hang.

i5-2500k
    x-fire HD 7770
    maybe a driver issue? dunno AMD has issues sometimes
  3. Aussie

Check your video card temps - did this happen after a few hours of play?
  4. Feydakin

Same exact thing happens to me on occasion. System specs in sig...
  5. Feydakin

No. My temps never get above 45C. The fact that it's happening across different GPU brands is interesting.
  6. QFAN

Same happened on my machine.

I use GTX670.

Since the OP and #2 both use AMD cards I assume this is not a card- or driver-specific problem but something higher level in the game engine.

7. Skizerz

checked temps last time this happened, were normal. my card is surprisingly not under much stress while playing at med/high settings and frapsing on top of that. As stated everywhere, CPU is the issue atm.
  8. Aussie

I've had the same sky/ground/sky/ground issue - HD6950 - but not for a few days. Devs said it *might* be heat, I opened the side of my case and (coincidentally it would seem) the problem went away.

I'm running the 12.11 beta drivers.
  9. Twist

This is a known issue we have multiple people looking into - it is not your GPU heat (it behaves a little like problems related to that, but it is not).
  10. fish998

I've seen that but only once, and it was straight after starting the game up so there's no way it's heat related, not to mention my GPU is brand new, works perfectly and my case has excellent cooling. I'm using a 660 2GB with the latest betas, I5-760 (stock clocks) and Win7 64.

My brother has also had that problem at least once, he's using a 560 TI 1GB with the last WHQL drivers, an E8400 (again stock clocks) and XP 32.
  11. Kalzakov

i get the same problem on my home desktop, the flickering lasts around 5 - 10 mins and it crashes a few mins after. it doesnt occur on my laptop just my desktop.

Intel i7 3960x running at 5.2GHZ
    Asus ROG Rampage IV
    EVGA 570 2.5gb X2
    16gig corsair dominator
    240gb corsair force 3 ssd
    Windows 7 ultimate 64bit
  12. Wrek

Got the same issue on my GTX580, and yes i checked, its not a temperature issue.
  13. sicat

Get this at random intervals,ati 6950 here.Not a tempertature issue.

Am fiddling around trying different settings to see if one doesn't end up flashing/flickering but no joy so far :(