Tech support only for subscribers now?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Anubis1055, Jun 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anubis1055

So I have had a support ticket open since 6/15. Its about the ingame twitch streaming app not working properly. Through troubleshooting the TSR determined that the issue is caused by the game itself. SOE stopped responding for several days, then "Solved" my support ticket with this message:

Since I can't find anything in... say... This knowledge article regarding this new requirement to be a subscriber...

Whiskey - Tango - Foxtrot. Over.

~~

For the trolls, which we all know who you are ;)

I don't expect priority support. Hell, I expect to be on the back burner since I am a cheap-*** that hasn't subscribed. TBH I was planning to subscribe starting in early July, but... well... not now. Closing my ticket out because they don't know how to fix it... Yeah... Totally not cool.
  2. Caliente

I must say, thats just pathetic practice.
  3. Terran537

This is bull****. You're being denied tech support because you haven't paid up?

"Hey! This game is free to play and we'd love if you'd play for a bit then buy some station cash because you've tried it and you like it, but the second you have a problem with playing the game to determine if you want to buy station cash then **** off, because others have paid up first."
    (Not to bash SOE, but this really does feel like it's something unwarranted. If you guys don't have the staff to deal with everyone at once (which is understandable) then just have paid members' problems a priority, and if you have any time left then deal with the free players)
  4. BlackDove

I have paid real money into this game. After finding this out, I will not.

That is complete BS. PS2 depends on F2P players for its game dynamics, and call this a F2P game that's "not pay to win". Lies. F2P players, or players like me who HAVE spent real money but don't want to risk a subscription to a game that is unplayable with every other update, are now just a source of XP for subscriber wallet warriors.

GU11 has also been the most transparently obvious money grab update ever. Make resources impossible to get without being a member, except that even subscribers I know are CANCELLING THEIR SUBSCRIPTIONS because of GU11. I'm talking guys who have spent close to $1000 on PS2. They're getting fed up and giving this game the finger.

Other F2P model games actually offer tech support for their entire player base. I've spent hundreds of dollars on TF2 and other F2P games that have policies that aren't thinly disguised incentives to pay money. I pay money anyway if it's good!

Treat people like they're stupid, and don't expect them to want to pay for something. After having paid into this game, and constantly having patches that break the game, I'm glad I didn't get a membership!

I would be screwed now that GU11 has totally ruined the game, if I had bought a long subscription.
    • Up x 1
  5. Gammit

That does seem like a bad decision. How do they know you haven't dropped a ton of money using SC? Some people just prefer to pay for items rather than subscribe for time.
  6. TRman

this is no good
  7. GrandRise

Yes, it's true. Give ya example, one day I forgot my password from different game. And THEY DO treat people differently who spend cash on their game with those who are not. I gave away my used game voucher, which was quite expensive and they asked it, and right away they fixed my problem.

In the eyes of the company, this is very BENEFICIAL. You focus your assets/efforts on to the more profitable customers (those who pay a lot) , and LESS FOCUS/ or maybe don't care at all to your not-so-profitable customer.

But, as a proffesional company, they should take into account what customer said.
  8. NaySayer

Hmmm... most concerning indeed. Possibly on my last 3 months of subscription.
  9. Curse_Gamerkin

dont cancel it til the last moment, or else they well F*** you over. you only get the 500sc a month as long as its recurring, and the 500sc is the only thing that makes it worth it.
    and when the 6 month boost only costed 50$
    and you have to pay 70$ for premium for 6 months, and they f u over with the sc
    Huge ripoff, never plan on subbing again.
    • Up x 1
  10. NaySayer

Yup, I know, I did it a few months back. I read the fineprint crap. I don't keep an ongoing sub anyways, I'll sub for 3 months then stop for like a month or 2.
  11. Tatwi

I completely agree.

So what, I'm not a subscriber. I have dropped over $90 on PS2 since beta. I guess that's not worthy enough for SOE. ArenaNet has no problems giving me support even though I only spent $60 on their game. Heck, I spent $10 on a Runic game and get email support faster I ever got support from SOE in any of their games!

This is a bit of a pathetic joke there SOE. It's quite the "fail".
  12. TSR-SeanF Customer Service

I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, however, for technical issues that do not prevent you from playing PlanetSide 2 our support is limited for Free to Play players. If you cannot play the game or are experiencing issues that prevent you from doing so we will help you regardless of your membership level. For all other issues that are not billing related, only limited support will be offered for players who do not posses an active membership.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.