[Suggestion] Teamkillers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FieldMarshall, Nov 17, 2015.

1. FieldMarshall

[Suggestion]. Get someone to read harassment /reports, and do something about people like this:

[IMG]

Its just one example out of many. I have no idea why they are allowed to keep going.
    Month after month after month without any consequences. Stop sending people's /reports to the trash bin.
    Please.

/endrant
    • Up x 1
  2. FateJH

I don't see why he should be penalized any further than he already is for being NC.

Edit: His death board is weird. He seems to die once every minute, sometimes once every thirty seconds.
  3. DefendYourBase

I sometimes let people ride my valyrie... Then... Up high in the air... I turn on.. "Squad only passengers" and i watch them all fall to their inevitable deaths.
    • Up x 1
  4. EPIC389

When you see NC duster liberators shooting the NC, you know everything is working as intended
    • Up x 1
  5. Eternaloptimist

I agree but I know the counter argument from DBG (at least it was from SOE and nothing seems to have changed). They said that without multiple and frequent reports from different sources about the same person they have no way to judge context e.g. was it an accident? did you provoke the guy? run in front of him while he was already shooting? etc. etc.

I remember some irritating little puke who kept shooting me without killing me. I was so tempted to hose him down but I would have been the teamkiller, not him. I report each time it is obviously not an accident or my fault even though I am sceptical about the benefit. I always give a clear but short statement of the circumstances. Who knows? one day DBG may see a pattern emerge revealing an habitual TKer? But tieing it back to cause and effect (that guy got banned because he TK'd me last month) would be highly unlikely.

Personally I wouldn't even remember the guys name if it came up as a ban sometime later.
  6. Beerbeerbeer

Here's the best way to deal with team killers:

1. Retaliate and kill him once.
    2. Stay near the spawn area.
    3. Let him kill you again then
    4. Send him a tell stating that you'll gladly respawn and stand there until he weapon locks in a calm, non-angry manner. In fact it is suggested you stand in front of him at all possible times even if he stops and runs off. Turn that grief around and weapon lock him.

Typically at this point they stop, but a few of them will keep going and weapon lock themselves.

Or skip the tell in 4 and just reverse-grief weapon lock him.
  7. breeje

yes don't overdo the team killing, but it's so funny to throw a sticky nade at a guy in the spawn room
    or roadkill someone and troll him just for the fun
    i know i am a bad person :)
  8. Demigan

If I had a nikkel for every time a Galaxy/Liberator kicked me out and killed me with it...
    (early on Galaxies did not come with ejection seats and landing meant hoping it had them equipped or the pilot flew low enough)
    • Up x 1
  9. Taemien

One reliable way to deal with TKer's:

Pay to Play. Make the game cost 30 bucks to get into, and 15 a month to play.

No one's going to risk a $45 minimum investment to TK. And if they do, they're supporting the game everytime they do it.
  10. CapperDeluxe

You don't understand the point of Free To Play then. If you thought the population of the game was low now, just think how much lower it would be if there was a pay wall to get in. Virtual ghost town is what it would be.
  11. AxiomInsanity87

Share the grief points with outfit mates.

You will definitely have the last laugh.
  12. Taemien

90% of new players leave without spending a dime.

And judging by the number of blue arrows in the public squads, double that in outfit ones.. I think it'd be about the same as it is now. Merge the two NA servers into one, the EU into one, and we'd have larger fights then we do now.

And a heavy reduction of cheats, exploits, and team kills.

Oh and just a FYI. You can farm plat on EQ or EQ2 and buy Krono to pay for the sub. That's what I did. Some EQ player paid $17.99 for my membership.