Team players that get in your way.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PlatoonLeaderG, May 24, 2014.

1. PlatoonLeaderG

Each time i play there is always 1 team member that is going to be in my way on purpose.

What i mean:
    -i drive and they jump in front of me(to force me stop or get me weapon lock).
    -i drive and they try to lock me with their vehicle.
    -when i m mounted on turret either AI or AV they stand in front of me and they force me to deploy elsewhere because after the /tells they just dont listen and one time i also got "You mad brah",was he trying to be funny?
    -try to lock with my heavy and some annoying guy will get in front of me just to screw my lock on time.
    -I even had some1 that was shooting in my sniping hiding place in the opposite direction of the enemy just to show on the map so they could kill me,he even send me a /tell after "have fun" as he was leaving .

and the best part
    -when i am a max 2/3 times some1 in the group will TK me while he burst me slowly,slowly until i m dead while he is hiding in the numbers.

Why they do this?Is it fun to abuse your fellow teammates?
  2. -MJ12-

Everything's good as long as it's someone else's fault. :)
  3. Simferion

Some people simply think just because they are in a game they can have fun as they wish.
    So they behave like your feelings are nothing for them.

Moreover while they justify their own actions, they are less forgiving when dealing with other mates' mistakes.

They are just delusional people and usually leave the game after a while.
    • Up x 3
  4. PlatoonLeaderG

Why i need to suffer if they are delusional or they are bored,if i get bored i just close PS2 and do something else rather bully other players just to pass time.
  5. Simferion

I understand your feeling but some people are just bad and cannot peacefully live among the others.

There are players who get mad if you roadkill them, even if you were in the middle of the fight and you told them you were sorry, then if they roadkill someone they don't care.
    There are people who love to teamkill for retaliation because they are bad players. They got killed a lot by the enemies without killing them, so they express their frustration killing innocent teammates.
    • Up x 3
  6. johnway

I haven't experienced any active griefing against me all that frequently if at all, but there are some inconsiderate people who just don't care about others. Like driving a lighting up a hill and then when things get too hot drive straight down it all the while killing everyone on the way down. Occassionally getting run over by a flash running me down from behind or something. A recent example was when a lightning decided to spam shells at me AFTER i killed an enemy and he took out not only myself but the Max that was near me.

TBH there has been certain occasions where i just want to hunt these people down and just kill them. But its not worth the effort and counter productive. I've only seen the team killing happen once at a warp gate and he got what he deserved pretty soon after and i was looking for him at the warp gate. But being a low rank probably suggests he was trolling.

Concerning related to people getting in the way, i haven't encountered that often. If anything i've seen people do the same thing and i've done the same to other people and it leads to accidents and i say sorry or i don't hold a grudge. I do hear on one or 2 occasions people defending inside a building telling people to stand away from the doors or they would shoot them and his colleagues egging him on to do it. Personally i think being selfish works both ways. Yeah sure he's in your way for you to shoot, but also telling him to get out of the way when he's trying to be useful and considering putting a bullet in him/her is also pretty stupid and being very petty. If i can't get at the enemy, i choose to be a medic or a support role or i choose a different angle and being mindful not to do too much damage. Failing that, i wait my turn and leave it at that. Let the guy at the door way suck draw all the fire and die. From what i could see on the map he wasn't a problem.
    • Up x 1
  7. Jalek

Griefing should be cumulative. If someone goes on a TK killing streak, they should have more of a result than someone who triggered a control point full of landmines, but coding that might be difficult. Perhaps a ratio of friendly versus enemy faction kills would work to find those who just aren't playing the same game?
  8. LibertyRevolution

Mouse 1 solves most problems with other players, regardless of faction..
    • Up x 2
  9. GoEErs

That type of conduct is unacceptable from any player. If it is all the time then it raises the whole harassment issue. Take the time to open a support ticket on said moron explaining everything in detail. Let SOE sort it out.
    • Up x 3
  10. 60rockstar

Dealing with these @sshole cyber bullies is one of the downsides to playing a free to play game.

As GoEErs wrote, file a ticket and let SOE handle it.
  11. Codex561

Bypassing word filter is against the forum guidelines.
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/forum-guidelines.752/

-
    Often it is just stupidity, thats the reason why I just simply quit playing with anybody but my outfit since pubs will often make me kill them.
    But over time they learn they breaking my LoS gets them killed ;)
    Had this guy who got killed by me 3 times in a row:
    He found my grenade
    He decided to go near my c4
    He broke my LoS

It is their fault and they deserve to die.

--My opinion
  12. TyranEndlos

Some men just want to watch the world burn...
  13. PlatoonLeaderG

Thats what i m gonna do next time.

Yeah sometimes its just that are beginners and dont know any better(i m not that bad person to blame beginners),but when the same person send me a /tell to make me angry or what he is trying to do or even stand in front of my turret for 5+ min and when i m changing positions he still come and stand in front of me again its really frustrating.
  14. Clay

You mad brah
  15. Zenanii

I don't really experience this all that often and when I do I don't let it get to me.

I do have a little story to tell you, a story about karma.

Once upon a time I was fighting on Amerish. I was defending against the New Conglamorate and thou our side was fighting valiantly we were losing ground, the NC were holding the capture points and we would lose the base within minutes. The NC, while strong, had one glaring weakness, they had only brought a single sunderer to assault our base, and I knew that if we could bring that sundy down it would strike a fatal blow to their offensive.
    Alas, the sunderer was parked in a clever spot (which is to say, not next to a tall building or right outside our spawnroom) and my noble attempts to make a mad and suicidal dash for it with my trusty tankmines proved to be for naught.
    As such I had to deploy my most secret and deviois technique... the Suicide Flash! It was a simply yet increasibly effective tactic, by strapping three pieces of C4 to what was otherwise considered the least harmful vehicle on Auraxis, I created a ground-bound, manned seeker missile capable of taking out a Main Battle Tank in a single hit.

When I arrived at the distressed base I was quite dumbstruck to find it empty of enemy opposition. Apparently while I had been preparing my kamakazi atack, the divine intervarion of a Large Outfit and redeploy had already saved the day.
    With the NC crushed the Vanu quickly assembled a larger force of differently assorted vehicles (aka the Counter Zerg) and that was how I found myself rolling with the zerg, riding a flash with three packs of C4 strapped to the hood.

As is the case with most zergs, we encountered a distinct lack of opposition. Given the choice of taking a five minute picknick outside the enemy spawnroom or just chill out on my flash next to the bazillion magriders, I chose the latter. So there I was, minding my own buissnies and just doing the things flashes do during zergfeasts when SUDDENLY there was a great roaring engine and ten ton of metal slammed into me at 80kph.

Flashes are not very durable (understatement of the year). They go down within seconds from small arms fire and if you bump then too hard they are prone to break. If you ram them they blow up and leave small pieces of itself and any of it's occupants scattered about.
    Normally this is no more then a speedbump for the larger vehicles roaming Auraxis. As this larger vehicle, as well as it's four occupant suddenly discovered, this little speedbump was booby-trapped with a very leathal dose of exlosives.
    I had the blood of four fellow vanu and a sunderer on my hands yet all I felt was joy.

TLDR; Do not underestimate speedbumps, some of us bite back.
    • Up x 5
  16. DrPapaPenguin

Honestly, I get about 4-5 TKs an hour on average because someone gets into my line of fire, or decides that standing behind my vehicle is a good idea, or tries to be a dick and fires on my vehicle when I don't let him ride as a gunner. Honestly, I forget about them the moment after I see the TK pop up. It's not enough to give me a weapons lock, it doesn't penalise me in any way, it's (usually) not my fault to begin with, so I just don't care. As for people who purposefully stand in front of you... I move around too much for them to even bother, but if they would, I would welcome them as my meatshields any time :)
  17. TopVanuTroll

Unless you have a gauss saw.... then you gotta mouse 2 then mouse 1
  18. Thardus

No, that escalates problems.
  19. narton99

simply awesome...
  20. Archiadus

When you find a decent ambush position for your stalker cloak infiltrator and this one ally just has to stand right next to you... :(