Tanks seriously need to be nerfed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Aelloon, Dec 7, 2012.

1. AccelPrime

We're talking tank mechanics & in general how tanks that weigh tons and shoot massive shells should easily kill a sack of fluids (humans). Not the price, nor how they're aquired. Stop trying to be a smart ***, and get real. Disregard this if you're still just a pre-teen kid, which is most likely the case when taking the maturity of your post into account.
  2. Dankshasta

Yeah I guess it's a good tank game at least. Not much of a shooter maybe, but the vehicle stuff is great if that was what you wanted to play.
  3. CaptainLefty

It's really not a tank game, if all you have is tanks you're about to have a bad day on any continent.
  4. Mattressi

I main NC, but that was a beautiful thing to watch.
  5. Ajax51

I don't get what the fuss is, i stay alive much longer as infantry, as soon as i rez a tank i get popped from all sides and my tank is gone within 5 minutes, you want to nerf that?! I mean you really need to drive a tank and experience the game from the tank's perspecitve once in a while.....
  6. D0n

LOL, and so it begins.
  7. Hosp

8. Vykoz

Its good that theres the baby heavy assault with diaper shields and 100 round mags for when tank crew need to go infantry and cap bases.
  9. Cute-CandyPants

tanks already get destroyed easily as anything already,

i realy hope your not trying to solo a tank as an infantry unit and crying for a nerf because it killed you

infact tanks are the easiest vehicle to take out.
  10. BurialDay

"We" are talking about whatever we want. Part of the problem with vehicles in this game is how cheaply they are bought, the fact that 100% of players can spawn them at will, and that their cooldown is so low. Are tanks powerful in Battlefield? Yes. Can they be bought on command? No. Can an entire team buy them? No. 1-2 people (depending on the map) can utilize a tank, and whether they spawn or don't has nothing to do with the wishes of an individual player.

Do you know what a single RPG9 rocket does to a real life tank? Obliterates it. Everyone inside is killed. Should we make those HA launchers do the same? No.

Stop trying to be a smart ***, and get real. Disregard this is if you're still just a pre-teen kid, which is most likely the case when taking the maturity of your post into account.
  11. BurialDay

I thought they were 75, my bad.
  12. Cute-CandyPants

thats a TR prowler they are OP against infantry anyway because of the 2 shot before reload, speacialy with the wide spread upgrade.
  13. Cute-CandyPants

tanks do not need a nerf they actualy need a buff
  14. Kia936

How does that have anything to do with what i said but because u brought it up i will say i run a squad of infantry and tanks are no problem for us
  15. LameFox

Tanks don't just turn up magically. They have to be spawned somewhere and driven to attack you. Or if you're the one attacking, they appear fairly predictably at the enemy vehicle pads, and are easily overwhelmed because they have huge weak spots and appear surrounded by indestructible terrain objects attacking infantry can use as cover, or even to shoot it from angles it can't fire at.

Infantry don't have timers, nor cost. They can appear at bases or sunderers, drop to beacons, drop to instant action sites, drop from galaxies (which travel a lot faster than tanks), and can even be revived by their allies. If you can't get enough infantry together, it's not the game's fault, it's given you plenty of advantages to use if enough people were present and willing to use them.
  16. Kia936

Make up your ******* mind first you need a nerf now they need a buff
  17. Aelloon

I suggest you guys read page 2 of the thread.
  18. Dankshasta

Cmon man, the timers, and resource costs for tanks are a joke. I have a lightning, a prowler, and even some upgraded guns on my sundie. So how are the timers, or costs effecting my ability to be in a vehicle 100% of my battle time? They are not OP, OK people keep trying to tell me how to kill a tank, that's not my concern. I think vehicles are too prolific, is there anyone who doesn't understand that?
  19. Baleur

Lol are you crazy? This is Planetside. This is not Battlefield 3 Close Quarters on Metro. Nor is it Call of Duty.
    It is Planetside. Armor and Air are 2 thirds of the game, and you expect it to be reduced to the minority?
    You're playing the wrong game if you want everyone to be infantry m8. Sorry to say.
    Fight indoors, fight in bases. Simple. Woila, no more tanks.
  20. Aelloon

Except right now it's almost entirely armored vehicles on offense and a few people capturing. Infantry only fights in bases where vehicles can't get to, otherwise they're just fodder for the HE tanks sitting at the back of the column.
    • Up x 1