Tanks Drifting

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JoeSMokes, Jun 24, 2014.

1. JoeSMokes

Anyone else notice since last weeks patch that tanks seem to slowly rotate when stopped. I've noticed it on vanguard, prowler, and lightnings specifically. On the prowler, it has the added effect of slowly repositioning the tank when deployed. All weekend if I stayed deployed for more than a few minutes, the tank would drop down because it had slowly been lifting. I can't imagine this is intentional.

Other than that, I like how everything has been working. I can survive in a lib, but I can also finally shoot them down again. Works for me.
    • Up x 7
  2. Tommyp2006

I noticed it too, seems like they somehow messed up the immobile state when stopped, this is an old movement bug that used to happen a lot more.
  3. Takoita

Yep, seems like this old buddy of ours found its way into live again.
    • Up x 1
  4. Kevin49704

Maybe our tanks have finally feasted on enough tears to become sentient beings capable of wielding their awesome fire power along side us like the titans they are..... or the movement bug is back.
    • Up x 3
  5. Slandebande

Oh god, not again. Sigh!
  6. Frozen-K

Yep, it's back again. Sometimes I can't anchor my tank even at a dead stop.
    • Up x 4
  7. PWGuy93

Yes this happens. Pulled a Lighting for the first time in a while and while stationary on what I thought to be a flat terrain it was slowly rotating, easily noticeable looking through the scope and watching the target move left or right.
  8. Silus

Accurate picture is accurate:

[IMG]
  9. Alarox

Yeah, I've noticed for a while now.
  10. J.C Simonetti

Notice how its only Prowlers...
  11. Silus

Holy freakin' Hell this is intolerable!

Just downloaded the new patch and I'm like "I'm gonna take my HE Thermal Lightning for a spin on Hossin". I hop in and start driving and oh my God the thing turns WAY too much. It's like "I wanna go ~15-degrees to the left" and my tank is like "Nope let's make that a full 90" then I have to head right to compensate and it's all like "Oh 180 to the right? Ok."

Yeah, I don't think I'll be playing much until this gets fixed.
    • Up x 5
  12. Yuki10

they also nerfed the lighting rival chassis. it is all messed up right now and the tank slides and turns on its own
  13. Silus

Aye. I thought I'd never be one to say this, but I think I'm gonna quit Planetside 2 until that's fixed. It...I just can't play like that.
  14. lawn gnome

"stationary" vehicles have been drifting since back in the days of closed beta. they only just recently managed to fix deployed sunderers. this is not anything like a new issue.
  15. Easir

I was about to make a thread about the apparent stealth nerf to the lightning...
    But then I saw this one.

Anyways, It's impossible to drive a lightning now with any degree of success, at least with the rival chassis.
    I've also noticed drifting while I am not moving, which makes it difficult to aim.

Obviously the drifting part is an old bug that is rearing its ugly head again, but lightning handling...

The question is:

1. Did they stealth nerf the lightning? or
    2. Is it another strange bug or not so intentional accident?
  16. EGuardian1

Hmm... i haven't tried Rival Chassis on latest patch yet. Will have to do that now. Although technically if you turn so hard that you can pull a 180 without meaning to... isn't that a Buff, not a Nerf?
  17. lawn gnome

go into the gameplay options and there is a little check box that says "invert inverted reverse controls" (or something equally as confusing) if you click on that check box then the lightning goes back to it's old self.
  18. FourTwoFour

19. Raap

And there I was thinking that I simply forgot how the game 'feels' after a few months break. I was driving into every rock and fallen tree on Hossin in my Lightning last night, it just didn't feel right. I even made several 180 degree turns when I wanted to make a slight turn instead, it's like driving on ice, and it seems very unpredictable.

Another thing I noticed and annoyed the hell out of me was inverted reverse controls, and the option for it not working. The worst part? It's random! Sometimes reverse turning goes left or right and sometimes it randomly changes direction mid-turn. I don't remember having that problem before...

These two issues, alongside Hossin's vehicle unfriendly environment, made me log out after about half an hour, thinking I simply forgot how to play this game, and it certainly was not enjoyable.
  20. Legion494

I noticed this too with my Lightning, Magrider and Scythe, There all seem to be rotating slightly to the left when they should be stopped, plus my Lightning was spinning out like the old flashes use to which in self was annoying. Can someone see with other factions ESF's are doing it too?