[Suggestion] Tank tweak and engineer tweak

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MasterDk78, Dec 6, 2015.

1. MasterDk78

Tanks ;

First of all I think that tank main cannon can look way to high up.
    They are ment to shoot ground targets, not to look for air.
    If they want to shoot air Down, they should fit an antiair cannon on top.

Engineer ;

Turrets :
    Find it a bit weird that spitfire turret has no upgrades as the other turrets have.
    Allso that you need to resupply every time you have deployed one.
    This is not the same option for anti-personal or the mana turret. Why?

Tho i have an another idea..
    Number 5, that is the slot you place you turret with.
    Replace the turret with a Wheel of blueprints where you will have to select wich turret to make.
    If you have all 3 turrets you can choose one of those, etc the spitfire turret.
    Now the blueprint is up, and ready to be built. Yes build it, so now you take your repair Tool, and build it.
    The Construction time would take the same amount of time as if it was totally dammaged.

Allso i think that all turrets, no matter what should be hacable by infils, if the so Desire to do that.
    All other turrets can be hacked from the game, right?

I hope my brainstorm here can make you get some inspiration :)
    Have a nice day
    • Up x 1
  2. Luna12

This is to enable you to hit targets on a hill or tower, as there are a lot of hills and towers in the game...

You've already found the thread about this, right?
    • Up x 1
  3. Demigan

Tank main canons need to aim higher up to hit higher up targets as already mentioned. Aside from that, ground-based AA weapons are already rather underpowered. If you feel safe enough to fly within the (not very high) elevation of a tank main canon because 95% of the weapons on the continent aren't effective as AA weapons, then it's your problem if you get shot down.

Personally I would allow all tanks better elevation or some kobalt-like AA/AI canon to switch to as low-power AA/AI weapon. They need it.

Because the Spitfire would be too good if you could place it as fast as other turrets.
    Although yes, the turret could do with a cooldown of 30 seconds or so. That way you wouldn't find spitfires scattered everywhere just for grabs (and anyone looking at 3+ Spitfires knows the stopping power these can have), but Engineers have the option to place them without having to go back to the spawnroom just to get another one.

Not sure if this is a good idea for turrets. For other things it could be a wonderful system though.
  4. MasterDk78

I loved all you comments !
    And yes, hitting ground targets is more accurate if u fly close to them. but still, they can look pretty high in my oppenion :)

Loved the idea about the 30 sec cooldown, but i had no idea there was another guy WHO had posted the same idea :(
  5. RedArmy

the Engi repair tool
    so it gives, it should also take away
    left click repair friendly vehicle/max
    right click damage enemy vehicle/max (at reduced effectivness)
  6. DeadlyPeanutt

can we tweak the blueprints so the stupid turrets can sit on a slope?
    • Up x 1
  7. Taemien

The tanks can't point too far up. What's happening is the tank is on a hill facing up...

Or.. more likely the Aircraft in question is flying way too low.
  8. AshHill07

If you get shot with a tank main gun in an aircraft it was because you were flying too low or the tank managed to get into a position where it could aim its main gun higher to hit you, either way its the pilots error not the tanks.