tank mine changes

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Blarg20011, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Blarg20011

How would you feel about changes to tank mines? If say, they did 1/3 the damage but you got 4 times the mines? (with a small deployment radius to prevent stacking).
  2. Xebov

Such a change would prevent instakills on vehicles as they would need to drive over 3 times the mines. This would rise several problems. You could get space problems if several engineers want to mine the same area. Another problem i see is that it would get much harder to score some kills and xp with mines, as vehicles would no longer be instakilled as they would be forced to drive deep into the minefield in order to get destroyed, resulting in people using less mines as they have limited infantry resources and would more likely spend them for consumeables (or maxes) that give better XP.

But anyway, befor any more changes to mines should get into the game we need the Bugs of Mines/C4 fixed. In the last days i have seen an increased number of my mines simply despawn.
  3. UnDeaD_CyBorG

More, but weaker mines would actually allow minefields to fill their tactical niche: The slow an advance.
    Though on the test servers they mainly increased their size. They are HUGE.
  4. Xasapis

Right now you need 7 mines to kill a fully mineguarded sunderer. With the proposed change, you will need 21 mines.
  5. Xocolatl

I would still want the mines to be able to bring down a tank.. making them non-stackable would make them impossible to kill any attentive tank drivers.

However, I would love it if I can have more mines (with less damage each). Right now, mines are only good for suicide rush--you simply can't do area denial with 2 mines, and if you can get a whole squad of dedicated players then you might as well get heavies to blow everything up from safe distance.
  6. Blarg20011

Thanks for the responses guys, just trying to gauge how the community feels about this, of course with these changes AT mines would have a much lower resource cost, and I was thinking a deployment radius of something like a meter, plenty short enough to still effectively mine a road.
  7. Badname0192

They're making the mines the size of large pizza boxes... no thanks.
  8. martane665

I'd like the option of being able to defuse and reuse my mines. In the army for 8 years rl, and the claymore was able to be recovered and reused.
  9. Intruder313

I've seen evidence that defusing / collecting is an ability planned for the future.
  10. Intruder313

No thanks. The fact it takes 2 of them to knock out anything other than a Flash is already weak enough.

I hit about 1 mine trap a week and 80% of my mines never trigger. Mines are already trivial enough stats-wise but a massive part of my gameplay fun. Even if I wait hours for a mine to go off (usually I log out or just lay new mines ) the act of finding a good spot for them and then hoping is fun with a non-Flash kill being a sweet-if-rare bonus.
  11. Blarg20011

I'm not sure how you use mines, but I put them in high traffic areas and choke points where someone is almost guaranteed to run over them, works pretty well.
  12. Ganjis

The bridge between TI Alloys and The Crown is a perfect place to lay mines. Putting them in front of a vehicle spawn platform when you know an enemy is about to take a base (especially satellite bases) is also good for a chuckle.