[Vehicle] Tank Drivers, for the love of Higby...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JohnGalt36, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Demigan

People, I'm going to say it again:

REMOVE THE DAMN AUTO-PILOT

Seriously, why is it even there? People have claimed it "protects newbies from getting killed by staying on the pad", well it does, it also kills indiscriminately whenever someone blocks the path. You can't see in every situation if someone blocks the path or not, so there's that.
    Just yesterday I saw someone spawn a Lightning on Esamir, and he was immidiately attacked by a Prowler. I try to come to his aid and instantly spawn a Lightning as well... only the guy decides that the Spawnpad is a safe place to back up, at which point he blocks me until he dies. Since I couldn't shoot during this time, the Prowler had no problem crushing me as well on the open plains of Esamir,.

Removing the auto-pilot also means you can exit your vehicle or take another route off the pad. This means that if you drive over mines, it is your own fault, and not some auto-pilot or "you should have checked for mines" situation which is hardly possible on all bases. You can spawn, then decide to immidiately back up, or drive to the left or right side of the pad...

Alternatively you can allow people to stop the auto-pilot at any time. So if you don't touch your controls you are automatically driven off the pad, if you do touch your controls you immidiately have control and can drive, shoot or turn wherever you want. This is the most friendly option that allows the best of both worlds. But somehow many people like their spawn-pad tankmine kills too much and have been clamouring that the current system is ok.
  2. oberchingus

• Up x 1