[Suggestion] Take Heavy weapons in place of launchers, replace ASP skill

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by KhlorosTesero, Dec 16, 2021.

1. KhlorosTesero

So can we look at replacing the launchers or giving us the ability to take heavy wepaons in the launcher slot? A lot of the current launchers just kinda out right blow, and being able to take your factions heavy weapon would be WAY more useful.

With that done i would say change the ASP skill for being able to take heavy as a secondary and let use take something else in that place.
    • Up x 1
  2. Honor Guard

Shotgun or scout rifles hmmm
  3. P149U3

Basically what they did in Planetside 1 where you could duel carry primary weapons on your back same went for rocket launchers. Hot swapping was a fun function
    • Up x 1
  4. darktr00per4

That is the one draw back in PS2 that compares to PS1 is they went with a class system instead of an armor / inventory system. Class is more linear and easier for newer players. Inventory is far more customizable but can hindering and better balanced through inventory space.

My biggest Gripe about the ASP system is it hides what was available to new players in the original planeside 1 on day one (such as equipping a chain gun and a cycler / shotgun / or scout rifle on heavy assault) behind a pay and rank wall. While its a nice nod to the veterans I almost wish it could be the Armor / Inventory system instead or at least be available immediately.
  5. The Wolf

I agree. I wish they would just set more PS1 mechanics up and remove some of these crappy PS2 Mechanics. If they would release PS1 again I would happily pay the sub for it.
    • Up x 2
  6. KhlorosTesero

Still wish this were the case.
    Heavy weapon should go in the launcher slot as well, and Heavy assault should be able to take something else in place of a secondary like more equipment or something.
    • Up x 1
  7. Dribblerelmw

I dont think that's a good idea because they defend bases from esf.