Take Cover

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jetlag, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Jetlag

Preview of Orbital Strikes

• Up x 4
  2. TheGlitchReport

Is this meant as a suggestion?
  3. susspect3

is this live on test server now ?
  4. Torok

no, but subscribe to that Vanu Labs user on youtube, he has crazy videos
    check out **** my sunderer :eek:
  5. susspect3

yeh i,ve seen them with uber disco lights nice videos !
  6. Greddy

TR: mushroom everywhere
    NC: Firecrackers everywhere
    VS: Lightnings everywhere
  7. phreec

Why!?

Get rid of that whole one-click magic mortars silliness. If we intend to bombard an area we should do so with vehicles!
    • Up x 4
  8. Torok

interlink facility to unlock orbital? 5k certs squad leader unlock / 750 inf resources? :D
  9. Riku

Thank you - VS one looks awesometastic!
    That's one reason why I chose VS; pewpew mewmew laz0r styles :D
    And <3 Spandex <3 of course
  10. HadesR

Can't see OS being broken at all :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  11. Morpholine

VS has the best visual, IMO. TR and NC both need a prominent faction-colored vertical visual component.

Also, they really plan to have them go on for 30 seconds like these examples?
  12. Rodinvac

As a proof of concept is interesting, and the differences (energy, chemical explosives, mass drivers) is already visible, but I'd add more to the TR and NC.
    TR could maybe have the effect in the air of cluster bombs detonating above the area, while with NC you could have molten rocks fall from the sky similar to the VS orbital beams.
    • Up x 2
  13. OmegaPREDATOR

Love the way SOE think.
    • Orbital strike :
      • [IMG] + x 1,427
      • [IMG] - x 1,203
    They work on it even after community say they don't want it. Even ingame mail is most wanted.
    May they first work on planned things we have voted for ? Finishing lattice maps, add more map (Hossin and Nexus would be great before the end the year).

And work on balance is always needed.
  14. Stigma

Just to put this in context:

"Please note that this is not in any way representative of what the final orbital strikes will be like, should they ever actually make it into the game."

This is just some dormant game assets probably extracted from the test server at some point. A lot of that stuff either never gets used or gets heavily modified before it makes it into the game.

My question is - if orbital strikes ever makes it into the game, who the heck are supposed to control them? Before we had fairly natural leaders in the CR5 (command rank) in PS1 who had proven themselves by leveling up leadership by leading lots of squads and platoons. That wasn't a garantuee of being a good leader, but if you had been running large platoons for weeks or months then chances are you knew what you were doing. How do you solve this now? You can't just give an ability like this to every player.

-Stigma
  15. Caserion

These seem to be more annoying ''lol you can't see **** while your scope flies ten metres away from where you were actually aiming'' than something that actually kills...

But we'll see how effective they are, damage wise. Hoping they will just be used to flush people out, rather than killing them.
  16. Macchus

similiar to an idea i had a couple of months ago . +1
  17. IronWarrior

Looks awesome, have to agree the VS one does look the best.

Looking forward to these coming to the game and making war even better.
  18. VSDerp

the fog video is more exciting than orbital strike videos..
    • Up x 2
  19. vincent-

I like the vs one a little but all three still feel the same. I was expecting vanu wise to be a laser that could be guided on the ground the tr one looks spot on and I was expecting the nc just to be one huge BOOM.
    • Up x 1
  20. gloowa

I wish we could get some real artillery in PS2. not some point&click tool. too bad hit detection is client-side and having an artillery unit is not possible.

not a fan, not an opponent.
    • Up x 1