[Suggestion] T7 Mini-Chaigun

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by flouvio, Aug 23, 2016.

1. flouvio

Hi all, I'd like to suggest to add a "pre-spin up" on this weapon when you aim because I'm currently thinking it is one of the most useless weapon of the TR :
    You can't engage enemies that are not in close range cause they would kill you before you do so (which is fine, it's a chaigun); but it is also useless in close range if you come in front of the enemy due to the spin up time.
    Even when I engage only one medic using my shield, after killing him i have almost no health left.
    So you can pre-shot but it consumes ammo and it's clearly not so discreet.

What do you think?
    Sorry for my bad english.
  2. Akashar

I always said that to be effective this weapon had to work like the TF2 chaingun : No ADS and right click to spin up as much as you want.
    • Up x 5
  3. Eternaloptimist

Haven't used it myself but it appears that all the heavy weapons have some drawback that maybe stops them from being OP:
    • spin up time for T7
    • short range and small mag for NC super burst firing shotgun thing
    • low ttk (I think) for the vanu disco ball gun
    No doubt there was a reason why the heavy weapons were designed the way they are.
  4. Akashar

You're totally true, but as I stated, the spin up time would be more interesting if used as I described : The drawbacks would be enormous, but the weapon would really shine in some situations. Right now, the thingy to make it spin faster is just a tool to make it work more like a regular machine gun, instead of something unique like the disco gun. It would be like vanu getting an accessory that remove splash damage on the disco gun but give it better ROF and projectile velocity. Of course it would be interesting, but if I'm looking for a LMG I already got a handful of them. And TR LMGS are far from bad, so getting just another one as an ES weapon is kind of a shame. Maybe add to the spin up an overheat mechanism, so that it can't be used for point holding for hours on end, and abused by good players. If you spin un for too long the T7 "overheat" or something, and you gotta stop, maybe not overheat but gets shaky for example.
    Just an idea.
  5. thebigbortishbort

i loved the old mini chaingun because it fired at max rpm after a short spin up of not firing which you could trigger before running into rooms because you kinda had to, but its COF would start really damn small so you could literally burst it accurately at medium range for like 10 rounds and start again until the thing is dead usually they were dead in the first burst if done in right conditions

as for the pre spin up it would help the gun easily but as someone said above , balancing comes to mind , im all for giving guns significant downsides for unique capabilities to shred people such as the underslung minichain gun make it glorious but not able to fire over barriers at close range and slow aimed movement being underslung and all.

i got nuffin for the other ES heavy weps.
  6. Ransurian

The only thing the chaingun needs is a headshot multiplier bonus that's identical to the other LMGs. For some arbitrary reason, its headshot multiplier is lower than that of other weapons. The weapon's rate of fire advantage over weapons like the CARV is negligible, and its accuracy is absolutely atrocious past close range, so what gives?
  7. user101

I use a T7 and love it .. but it has one draw back long range is vary bad... ! (COF need to be a little better) You also need a ARM-66 for long range. A couple guys with T7's can wipe out a lot of people. Make sure you have the high rate spin up... ! and the dark light. Love to kill infiltrators with a T7. You also need an engy with ammo for T7

I don't know how many VS I have shot out of the air... lots and lots with the T7 VS congregate in groups so a T7 is good for shooting.

If you have been killed on Emarld by a T7 then you know who I am....!
  8. Riksos

I run the chaingun with max rank Adrenaline Shield and extended mags and I can clear a room of 4-5 people with shield refills in a single clip. More if they don't notice me. It's great at close range, you just need to practice spinning up before you engage. Like start firing as you come around the corner, as opposed to once you see the enemy.
    • Up x 1
  9. Klondor

After auraxiuming the T7, and getting half way through the AE version, i can say that this is one of the worst things you can do with the MCG. The enemy will hear you coming, and see where you're coming from because the MCG has an extremely large (and LONG) muzzle flash compared to other LMGs. One of the most effective ways to use the MCG in my honest opinion (with over 3,000 collective kills of experience), grenade bandoleer and concussion grenades are the T7 Mini Chaingun's absolute best compliment. Just today, i cleared rooms of VS (at least 4 to 6 people in each room) because i would throw a concussion into the room, wait for it to detonate and run in mowing everyone down with extended mags.

It's of course extremely important to have good target prioritzation, always kill the first person who's aiming for you. Kill them, and the rest will fall easily, as long as they're affected by the grenade.
    ----

For a suggestion to make the MCG ultimately more user-friendly, it's evident that DBG wont change the model due to low-cover being an issue. As for functionality, if they refuse to change the way the MCG fires, they can do one better. Instead of giving us the option to mount a module that's suited for 1v1 engagements (B.R.R.T), or extended magazines, they could just make the B.R.R.T's effect standard for the MCG, and give us extended mags.

There was a glitch during one patch where you could equip both items and it made the MCG truly fun to use because it filled the negative space where the weapon lacked purpose and fun.

That all being said, i'd still love the MCG to behave like this (skip to 2:20 in the video):
  10. SlugSniper

11. Courtnie

Welcome to TR, where half the weapons are worthless and the other half are the same thing.
  12. FieldMarshall

I would even use this instead of BRRT as an attachment option.
  13. NubCannon

The range and small mag for the NC shotgun thing is not really all that small, its got a longer range than any other shotgun in the game
    and the vanu disco ball gun actually has a pretty decent TTK, its downfall is that its terrible for headshots.
    The spin up time for the T7 is a bit long in my opinion, to keep dps up you have to run the BRRT, but then your ammo is significantly limited. maybe they should just make the BRRT part of the gun and let us use the extendo magazines, or lazer sight (or if you hate infiltrators the darklight i guess but i honestly think darklights shouldn't be an option on primary weapons (or anything at all for that matter but that isnt gonna happen))

i mean the point of the BRRT being added was to buff the gun, but by buffing in that respect it was also nerfed. plus the BRRT doesnt really do that much, after 3 seconds with the BRRT you only get 3 additional shots off.

Of the 3 heavy weapons the T7 minichaingun is the least useful, the default lmg for TR does comparable damage without having to spool up, plus has a 2.0X headshot multiplyer where the minichaingun has a 1.5X (the lasher has a 2.0X headshot multiplyer, but the jackhammer only has a 1.5x)
    the lasher makes up for its mediocre damage by having a splash damage allowing for effective spam. and the jackhammer has a .75X ADS movement speed and a 3 round burst mode, making it an extremely effective point hold weapon. often times against jackhammers people dont have time to react.

the T7 minichaingun is not particularly effective at point holding as it has a long reload, a spool up time, and only moderate damage and accuracy.

in my experience what the minichainfun is good for is spamming groups, however even then TR HAs are better off with other weapons.

perhaps if the lasher jackhammer and t7 took the rocketlauncher slots, and did damage to armor, they would be equals, (like a mini version of the vulcan, a mini version of the PPA, and a mini version of the mustang) not massive damage to armor, but like annoying.