T5 AMC vs TRAC 5

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by oTec, Mar 31, 2015.

1. oTec

So i've recently started playing engineer and had the choice between the standard starter weapons and the T5 AMC. Mainly played with the TRAC-5 but it seems that beyond 6-8m this weapon gets pretty wobbly on the horizontal recoil. I prefer the T5 AMC personally but i read alot of negative about it on the forums, although i preform alot better with it. Why does it has such a bad rep?
  2. Mongychops

The effective range of the TRAC-5 is much longer than 8m. Are you sure you have the Forward Grip equipped?

The T5 AMC is fine, it's just that the VS get a better medium range carbine (Pulsar C), and the NS-11C is similar, but often better. This leads to some players disliking it, because they see it as a poorer version of its equivalents. The T5 AMC has some very good points for medium range (low FSRM, high velocity), so by all means, it is a perfectly viable choice.
  3. oTec

I have not bought a forward grip yet since I've been using the T5 AMC, but regarding your point I might try it out. The TRAC-5 just feels wobbly to me.
  4. SgtBANZAI

TRAC is nice for starting weapon, but it becomes useless once you unlock LC3 Jaguar which is superior in close and mid ranges. T5 AMC actually is amazing gun. It doesn't have high damage or ROF, but accuracy of this carbine is more than enough to get the job done.
    • Up x 1
  5. Iridar51

TRAC 5 is an excellent, amazing gun. I could sing love songs to it.
    It does a lot of damage and has a large magazine. It's very powerful in close quarters, yet it's not that much worse at range than dedicated ranged weapons like T5 AMC.

If it feels wobbly in your hands, then it's exclusively the fault of your hands. TRAC 5 does have a pronounced recoil angle, but it's nothing you can't handle, and the recoil angle variance is mere 2 degrees. 0.225/0.225 horizontal recoil is not that much worse than 0.2/0.2 of T5 AMC.

T5 AMC has its strong points - velocity namely - but doesn't compare to TRAC 5. It just might be the fault of TRAC 5 being so good, but 143 @ 652 weapons in general are underwhelming.

T5 AMC is a bit easier to handle than TRAC 5, so naturally you'll perform better with it, seeing as handling is your problem with TRAC 5.
    • Up x 2
  6. Lord_Avatar

The T5 AMC is a beastly gun. It has an amazing muzle velocity, barely any recoil and is stupidly accurate. Go for headshots though, as the ROF itself is middle of the road and won't carry you.
  7. Dumpsterprophet

i would suggest the hc1 cougar over the t5. Much easier to control.
  8. ZDarkShadowsZ

This is just my personal opinion here and what I say should be taken with a grain of salt. I find both weapons, for me, are good in completely different situations. I often have two very separate loadouts for different situations. One will be a longer range loadout which would contain my T5, and the other for more CQC-based combat which would contain my Trac 5.

I found the T5 was more of an ADS weapon than a hipfire, as well as its lower rate of fire making it less desirable for me to take into CQC. At longer ranges, it was accurate and easy to handle. Hipfiring was a complete disaster and while it did net me some kills, it was very rare. The Trac 5 however, I found was good at CQC because of its excellent hipfire, higher rate of fire and that it's not 'too' bad at slightly longer ranged combat if you know how to burst fire and control the recoil.

I can't say for sure why the T5 has a 'bad rep'. I haven't really noticed any although I'm probably very blind. I personally loved the weapon so much I was adamant I was going to aurax it, and I did, because it was a great, yet very cheap gun to acquire. I think as each person has their own play styles and set of abilities, some will dislike the weapon whereas others will like it a lot. I fall into the 'like it a lot' category and I'm sure others may too. Regardless to what some people like or dislike about a specific weapon, it all comes down to what YOU prefer, as again, we're all different. :)
    • Up x 1
  9. FieldMarshall

T5 if you like ADSing even at closer ranges, and can reliably aim for heads
    Trac if not.
  10. Littleman

The best weapons in the TR arsenal generally have 750 RPM, but half of them require additional recoil control skill that most games don't ask of the player. Coincidentally, if you master countering the mono-directional recoil on a weapon, it becomes more accurate than the pure left-and-right recoil weapons of, like say, the T1 Cycler and T9 CARV. Though as always, the kick behind every shot has more impact on accuracy than the direction of the recoil's pull. The MSW-R and Trac 5 are leagues easier to control than the TAR in my experience, as an example.

Mastery of mono-directional recoil weapons is also why starting NC players think the Gauss Rifle is either completely inaccurate rubbish, or godlike accurate. It's practically a sniper rifle in the right hands. The SABR-13 is a gutted Gauss Rifle by comparison. Too bad most of their players fall into the former opinion, which is why despite numerical superiority, they still get wrecked.

But seriously, if you're picking up a 652 RPM weapon as a TR, it might as well have an NS logo on it. You're giving up 5 rounds to benefit everywhere else at that point.
  11. oTec

Alright, thanks for the info. I've actually switched from making engineer my second class to heavy assualt (MSW-R CQC) and atleast now i have an impact on defending a point/generator. That msw-r goes trough people like butter unless they pack a jackhammer or so.